Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant see desktop device under phone app connect

Solved!

Cant see desktop device under phone app connect

I am unable to see desktop in my app to control music from phone.

Phone app - Connect - says

Connect lets you play and control Spotify on your devices. If another device becomes available, you can select it here.

Desktop app says that it can see my Samsung Galaxy ... and I can set playlists to play offline if needed. 

Not sure what to do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Connect is a feature of spotify on android, ios and certain partner hardware devices. It is NOT currently available on the desktop platform  This is why you can't see your PC on the android Connect screen. This is getting repetitive.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Connect isn't available on desktops yet. Hopefully it will come soon. The galaxy shows under devices and relates to the synching of local files to your mobile.

Arent you supposed to be able to control music playing on computer from your phone using the Spotify Connect feature?
Doesnt that mean you should be able to see the desktop device from your phone?

I am unable to see my desktop, but the computer is able to see my phone.

So not sure what you mean that connect is not available for desktop... Im not trying to connect to the mobile from my desktop, but actually the reverse.

Until they make Connect available on desktops, there is no way to control the desktop client from a mobile device or vice versa from withing Spotify. There are some third party apps available in Play store which may do what you want.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Spotify-Connect

Are you saying that spotify connect is an app?

The article you posted makes it seem like its a already built in feature for spotify.. and on the spotify mobile app, there is a connect setting that says specifically it is looking for devices on the network.

Marked as solution

Connect is a feature of spotify on android, ios and certain partner hardware devices. It is NOT currently available on the desktop platform  This is why you can't see your PC on the android Connect screen. This is getting repetitive.

Of course its repetitive, the spotify website does not say spefically that desktop can not use connect.

And you say to use a third party app, but then still point me to a spotify specific url that talks about connect.

But now I think I finally got it .

Thanks for the help.

Suggested posts