Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast not working with android 5.1.1

Chromecast not working with android 5.1.1

My girlfriend has a moto g2 with android 5.0.2 and is able to see chromecast as a device. 

I have a moto g3 with android 5.1.1 and I can't  see the chromecast device.

both our spotifiy apps are at the same version (4.0.0.8.0.0).

She is using the free version, I am on premium paid version.

we are using the same wifi and the same chromecast 1st gen.

Any ideas?

4 Replies

Hello, and welcome to the Spotify Community!

I would advise to check to see if your chromecast is running the latest version. Only that latest version of CC OS supports Spotify.

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Hi Joe, firmware: 1.16.44433. Can you tell if it is the latest? As mentioned my girlfriend's phone works fine and mine doesn't. We are using the same chromecast device and WiFi connection. So I believe the problem is on my phone.

Seems to be a problem with the combination of moto g3, Spotify and Chromecast. I haven't found a solution yet. See my thread below:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Problem-with-Moto-G3-and-Chromecast-2015-video-version...

After the latest Spotify update it's working with Android 5.1.1 and Chromecast. Thanks to App developers.
--
Yes Sir I can boogie. But I need a certain song. - Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.
Thomas Kohler

Suggested posts