Premium

Country

USA

Device

S23 Ultra

Operating System

One UI 5.1

My Question or Issue

This has been happening for quite some time and it's starting to extremely annoy me. I live in NYC and commute on the train. I never had this problem before until the last couple of months. I have different playlist downloaded but now it seems that when I lose service the freaking app does not want to load. It just keeps spinning, even if I close the app it does the same thing. I have to literally turn off mobile data for it to work. I have done countless clearing cache, data, reinstall, even chamged my SIM card. My music keeps playing if I am already listening to music with no issue but if I want to go to the playlist, it just freaking loads.

The problem is 100% with this app. How can we fix this because**bleep** is getting annoying, and it's getting to the point that I might even switch to youtube music.

35 Replies

Hey there @assisted321

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, do you switch Offline mode on before listening to your downloaded content? If you don't, we suggest that you do so by following these steps. 

On another note, we're afraid we couldn't see the screen recording you sent. Could you give it another try? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. This issue is still ongoing. I normally do not switch to Offline Mode as I never really had to before. It would just load my downloaded music and playlist. The music however will continue to play in my headphones even if I skip it will still play. However, I go check the playlist and the app keeps freaking loading or I can't press on the playlist at all. I turn off Mobile Data and then everything loads like normal. It never used to do this. It just worked before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/117CYEhxlNV_Mgb8nwEF6hV7BMihvuSyy/view?usp=share_link

This is the screen recording.

Hey @assisted321,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

We've tried to watch the video you attached, but it's giving us an access error. It seems that the video is set to private and we have no permission to open it. Would you mind changing the permissions and attaching it again to have a better look at the issue?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I have changed the permission of the video sorry. Also, I tried doing offline mode and it was the same thing I was pressing on my Liked music and nothing. This is starting to get frustrating.

Hey @assisted321,

Apologies for the confusion.

Please note that when playing content with Offline mode turned off and mobile data turned on, your downloaded playlists/albums are still being streamed, hence the loading issues when you lose service. To avoid this, simply enable Offline mode while on your commute.

If the issue persists, make sure that Spotify is set as an exception in any memory- or battery-optimizing services on your device.

We hope this helps. 

MihailYModerator

I've never had to do this before. I used to use it like normal with no issue and not having to switch between modes. Also not sure if you saw the video the permissions were changed.

Hey @assisted321,

Thanks for your reply and for the info you kindly shared. 

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind trying to replicate this behavior on a different mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

On another note, would you mind sharing with us the exact Spotify version you're running on your mobile device? We'd suggest checking if both the app and your mobile device are up-to-date.

Lastly, we'd suggest changing the quality of your downloads to see if you noticed any changes. We'd suggest removing all downloads and cache of the app once more by going to Storage> Remove all downloads and Clear cache, then changing the quality. To do it, go to Audio quality> download. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have this problem and it is really annoying when commuting, its like Spotify is trying to connect before allowing me to play my downloads. How can this be stopped without having to go into offline mode 

I'm having the same problem even when in offline mode. I can see my downloaded albums but when I click on them they don't load. It's infuriating.

I'm having a very similar problem. What device are you using? Im on a s20 plus. 

I'm using a Flip 5 fully updated (Android and Spotify app) but it has been happening for a long time so it is not specific to a version of the app nor phone as I am sure it was the same with my last phone (S21 Ultra)

Having the same issue on offline mode. I can select my album, but then I see a loading indicator. I have to go online for it to finish loading, which completely defeats the purpose of having an offline mode.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your messages.

In order to look into this further with the relevant team, let us know the following info:

- Your device info (make/model) and OS version

- Exact Spotify version
- Do you have any SD card on your device?

- Is this happening with all albums or specific ones?

Also, and if possible; could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I have Spotify Premium and a device with plenty of storage. When I'm in offline mode, there are albums that I have downloaded that don't load. They just stay with a green circle indicating that they're loading, but they never actually load. Some albums load without any issue, but others have this problem, and it's frustrating. I have an Android device, but a friend with iOS system has the same issue.

Hey @c_palmtree,

Thanks for providing the requested info.

For anyone still experiencing this, please share your device details as requested above so we can investigate further.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Premium plan

Google Pixel 7a

Android os 14

UK

When I try to play any of my downloaded playlists in offline mode, I just get the never-ending green wheel. The playlists never appear. If I toggle off offline mode for just a second, they will then appear. This is no good when I'm in places with no WiFi/internet access, like flying or on subway.

I've tried all the previously suggested fixes - I've reinstalled the app, I've got plenty of storage space, etc.

All of the songs in the playlists are downloaded with green arrows.

This started about two months ago and is driving me mad. Offline mode is the reason I chose Spotify over other less expensive options.

Help!!

Screenshot_20240326-183325.png

Hiya, 

I have exactly the same issue. 

Samsung galaxy s21 fe

Android 14

No SD card

Until recently offline mode worked fine. 

Of all my downloaded albums, some are fine done just show the green circle of death and never load. Unless I go online. 

From what I see, I would put it down to the introduction of the thumbnail videos with each album, as the first thing you see when you go back online for an album that won't load, is the thumbnail load. 

Spotify any ideas?

Thanks

DG

I thought the same thing -- my problems all started with the introduction of the thumbnail videos.

Hey folks!

Thank you for your messages.

We appreciate all the info you've included in your previous posts. In order to continue investigating the case with the relevant team, @Murnaloo, @c_palmtree and @DPhG, please include in your next response the exact Spotify version you're currently running on your devices. If you don't know where to find it, we'd recommend checking this article out.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts