Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

So this has been going on for a while. I have a bunch of playlists with songs that I downloaded for offline use. They're all songs from Local Files on my PC. And every once in a while I go back to the playlist and I find at least one or a couple songs in the playlist end up being undownloaded and greyed out. So I have to reconnect my phone and PC to the same Wifi network and download all the songs again, until some time passes later and I go back to the playlist and find at least one song greyed out again. The Spotify on my phone and PC are always up to date and all the songs are downloaded to my phone's internal storage. Spotify is allowed through the PC firewall. This is very annoying and nobody seems to know what's going on. This has been happening to a lot of other users as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry for the double post, but it seems like the issue has been resolved. I got a new SanDisk microSDXC card 256GB, which came up to 238GB when formatted. I enabled the option to Show local audio files on phone. Now when I download the songs and even if it loses the connection to the Wifi network, the songs are still there.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @fledpiles54,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Have you noticed if the same tracks are getting greyed out or is it random?
And does this happen after an exact interval of time?

Another thing to try out is having your local files on your mobile device.
When done, in Settings, activate Local files discovery by toggling "Show local audio files" on and see if that makes any difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hmm, that's interesting. This problem seems to occur if I close out Spotify on my PC or if I put my computer to sleep mode or if my laptop is not connected to the Ethernet. And if that happens, the solution would be to first make sure my laptop is connected to the Ethernet. I've noticed that if my laptop isn't connected to the Ethernet in my home, my playlist won't download the songs. Just connecting it by the Wi-fi network won't do anything, it has to be connected by the Ethernet cable, at least at home. Then I open Spotify again on the PC and then I would need to log out of Spotify on my phone, log back in, and then it starts downloading the songs again. So it seems like in order to prevent this problem I need to make sure the PC is connected by Ethernet and my phone connected by Wi-fi and make sure it doesn't get disconnected somehow. And if the problem somehow happens again where I randomly start losing one or more songs on one or more playlist, I may have to resort to using the Offline mode so that Spotify doesn't try to connect to the internet. But this is only a last resort if I only want to play downloaded songs. But I may try that other solution to just put the songs on my phone's storage or SD card so I don't have to rely on the internet connection to my PC.

Marked as solution

Sorry for the double post, but it seems like the issue has been resolved. I got a new SanDisk microSDXC card 256GB, which came up to 238GB when formatted. I enabled the option to Show local audio files on phone. Now when I download the songs and even if it loses the connection to the Wifi network, the songs are still there.

Hi there @fledpiles54.

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts