Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Force close on start (liborbit-jni-spotify.so)

Force close on start (liborbit-jni-spotify.so)

Description

Spotify force closes on start up. Logcat gives a stack trace (debug) which points to liborbit-jni-spotify.so as the suspect.

Im pretty sure its kernel related (source here: https://github.com/daeiron/android_kernel_sony_apq8064)

It would be helpful to know what kernel calls liborbit-jni-spotify.so makes.

Disassembling gives this:

0x002886a8:std::_Rb_tree<std::string, std::pair<std::string const, std::string>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<std::string const, std::string> >, std::less<std::string>, std::allocator<std::pair<std::string const, std::string> > >::find(std::string const&) const + 0x11d1c
0x004e481d:std::pair<void const*, boost::detail::tss_data_node>::~pair() + 0x0049
0x004e4829:std::pair<void const*, boost::detail::tss_data_node>::~pair() + 0x0055
0x004e641f:void std::swap<boost::detail::shared_state_base*>(boost::detail::shared_state_base*&, boost::detail::shared_state_base*&) + 0x018f

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. Use the above kernel on xperia Z 4.4 CyanogenMod rom.

2. Download spotify from play store

3. Open spotify

What I expected to happen

Spotify to open and work.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Sony Xperia Z (yuga)

Device’s Operating System

KitKat 4.4.2

What type of account do you have?

Free

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

7 GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

3 GB

Is your device rooted?

Yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

Yes CM-11 with custom kernel: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7XCSgymRoP0ZWdMOUhGYmdKNU0/edit?usp=sharing

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No, same problem.

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

Yes tried several.

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

Latest (1.0.0.82)

My username

-

I have attached a logcat with the issue.

0 Replies

Suggested posts