Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Incorrect song order in My Music

Solved!

Incorrect song order in My Music

When I save certain albums to My Music, the songs are occasionally listed in the incorrect playing order in the android app. This happens in both album and artist views, and happens whether I originally saved the album from the desktop Windows app or the android app. I can save the album as a playlist, go view the playlist, THEN go back and view the album in My Music, and the songs are in the correct order--for the time being. They will be in the incorrect order again later. Very frustrating.

It doesn't happen with every album, but I've observed it with both Miles Davis's Bitches Brew and Baroness's Yellow/Green.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you 🙂

Hopefully the fix won't take too long as it only seems to affect android so isn't related to the track metadata. I guees the only solution for the moment will be to create a playlist which should preserve the correct order.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I must congratulate you on your taste in music! I just checked and my Bitches Brew (legacy edition) track order is fine in My Music. How did you add the album? What happens if you delete it and add it again from the album page by clicking the "Save" button?

I forgot to specify: I'm having the problem with The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions. I added the album via Android by clicking on the menu when you're in album view and selecting "Save". I deleted it via Android and added it again via the Windows desktop client. At first the song order was correct in Android, but after a couple of days, it was screwy again.

Thanks for the compliment 😉

Is it possible to grab a screenshot?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Artist View in MY Music: Screenshot_2014-04-18-18-25-41.jpg

Albums view in My Music:

Screenshot_2014-04-18-18-26-55.jpg

Album page in a normal search (and correct running order):

Screenshot_2014-04-18-18-29-42.jpg

I think I see what's happening - spotify is failing to process multiple discs correctly and is displaying all track 1s then track 2s etc. Is this the same pattern on Yellow & Green?

I managed to reproduce this after restarting spotify a few times. I just checked another multi-disc album I had saved (Pink Floyd - Ummagumma Remaster) and it's done the same thing both in artist and album view.

Going to escalate this as a bug.

Pink Floyd! It's now my turn to congratulate you on your musical tastes. Yes, that is exactly it. It's the same pattern on Yellow & Green. All track 1s, then all track 2s, and so on. I didn't recognize the pattern before.

Marked as solution

Thank you 🙂

Hopefully the fix won't take too long as it only seems to affect android so isn't related to the track metadata. I guees the only solution for the moment will be to create a playlist which should preserve the correct order.

Okay, thanks for your help.

I have now raised this as a bug:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Android-Incorrect-display-of-multi-disk-albums-in-Your-Musi...

Just to keep things organised, I am going to lock this topic for now so other reports go to the bugs topic. 😉

Thanks for reporting! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts