Local songs are not recognized

Solved!

Local songs are not recognized

Plan Premium

Country Germany

Device Samsung Galaxy S20+

Operating System Android version 13

Spotify Version 8.7.88.496

On my desktop Spotify recognizes and plays the local songs. On my smartphone however the app doesn't find the songs anymore. "Show audio files from this device" is enabled. I tried (re)storing the songs on my SD card as well as internal. 

I deleted the songs and downloaded them again (yes, they are legally obtained). I finally reinstalled the app. Nothing worked, local files stills shows 0 songs. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @monocat13,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

Could you please let us know if you've deleted and downloaded the songs on your phone or on your PC? 

It's also worth mentioning that the way local files work has changed recently. The synchronization between files from PC and your mobile devices over the network is no longer available. The audio files, that you want to play within the app, need to be physically present on your phone's storage in order to be played by Spotify.

In case your songs are already uploaded on the device and you're still experiencing this, we'd recommend to check Spotify's permissions in Android settings, make sure that the 'Photos and videos' permission is allowed.

Hope this helps. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The settings did the trick, thank you so much! 😊

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @monocat13,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! 

Could you please let us know if you've deleted and downloaded the songs on your phone or on your PC? 

It's also worth mentioning that the way local files work has changed recently. The synchronization between files from PC and your mobile devices over the network is no longer available. The audio files, that you want to play within the app, need to be physically present on your phone's storage in order to be played by Spotify.

In case your songs are already uploaded on the device and you're still experiencing this, we'd recommend to check Spotify's permissions in Android settings, make sure that the 'Photos and videos' permission is allowed.

Hope this helps. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

The settings did the trick, thank you so much! 😊

Suggested posts