Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is happening to me too with the new update. 

Spotify version:  3.1.0.1117

Phone: Android Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)

Android version: 4.3

For those who are looking for a temporary fix while spotify irons out this bug, try pressing right above the "Browse" item in the main pullout menu. If you press in the right spot just above "Browse" and just below the Spotify bar, it will bring you to the search feature. This is because the "Search" menu item still exists, but it is hidden behind the top spotify bar. Only a couple pixels are selectable and no text shows whatsover for the search button. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Spotify is aware of this problem and they are investigating.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

128 Replies

Spotify for Android usually works great for me. But today I tried to get onto Spotify and when I tried to enter the side menu to search, there was no search option! All it shows is: Browse, activity, radio, and your music. I've noticed it appears for about 1 second before it goes away. I've also tried reinstalling the app and using a different account and that still didn't work. I'm on Android 4.1.

Please help me this is really annoying, also my Spotify username is Edidus, plz help

Hi there

I'm on Android 4.3 mobile using Spotify version 3.1.0.1113.  The Search option disappears from the main top left menu every time I use the app.

I have narrowed it down to happening right after expanding the mini-player from the bottom of the screen.  I can open the app and use it normally, but once I click the new mini-player (the new version that allows swiping to change songs) to bring up the main player screen, Search will disappear from the top left menu, leaving just Browse/Activity/Radio/etc.  I can bring back Search by closing the app and reopening it. 

I have tried other 3.1 versions, including Betas, and this always happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

My spotify app for android 4.2.2 does not have the search option, please help

Same problem here. Fix this! I am paying for your service and it is not fully usable at the moment.

Yeh me to search facility gone down tried reinstalling nothing doin

Hi everyone,

If this is happening to you, could you let us know the following:

• Version of Spotify you're using.
  • Version of Android you're using.
  • Phone make/model.
  • Country your Spotify account is set to.

The more information we have, the better we can look into this.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi! That info is in the original message. Still, here it is again. I really
hope you can help me guys, the problem remains.

Version of Spotify 3.1.0.1117

Version of Android 4.1.2

Phone make/model Samsung GT-S6810M

Country Mexico.

Hi! That info is in the original message. Still, here it is again. I really hope you can help me guys, the problem remains.

Version of Spotify 3.1.0.1117

Version of Android 4.1.2

Phone make/model Samsung GT-S6810M

Country Mexico.

Same here and same version of Android.  Just disappeared this evening.  Incredibly frustrating!!

Oh man... you Spotify devs are nailing it!! Way to go! I mean... how can anybody overlook this!!??? It seems you don't have any sort of quality control for your apps. Get your sh*t together Spotify or Apple will crush you.

Search function is missing on Android app.... yes.... UNBELIEVABLE.

I'm having this problem too

1) Latest from Play Store (3.1.0.1117)

2) Android 4.3

3) Galaxy S3 (i9300)

4) Argentina

Same problem here.

Z930L
Android 4.1.2
Premium account
United States

Same here. When are they going to do the fix? It's been a while now. And no overt recognition. As a paying customer I expect service and communication.

Since update yesterday ... Samsung S4, Spotify 3.1.0.1117, Android 4.3, Australia

Ditto...

1) Spotify 3.1.0.1117
2) Android 4.3
3) Huawei Ascend Mate 2
4) England

hi you asked for the following information regarding the search facility not appearing on my phone

Android4.1.2

spotify3.10.1117

Phone type:Sony experia T

android:4.1.2
Spotify3.10.1117
Phone:sony xperia T
England

Suggested posts