Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
128 Replies

So I logged back into the app this morning to find the search option there again.  Great! I thought, so they've fixed it already, well done spotify!

.....Nope it disappeared again literally a second later.   Eh....what the hell is going on?  I've deleted and reinstalled the app to see if that helped but all that did was to remove all of my downloaded tracks so I have to download 700+ songs again today...superb

Same here too :-((

Version of Spotify 3.1.0.1117

Version of Android 4.3

Phone make/model Asus Memo Pad 302c

Country Germany

Marked as solution

It is happening to me too with the new update. 

Spotify version:  3.1.0.1117

Phone: Android Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)

Android version: 4.3

For those who are looking for a temporary fix while spotify irons out this bug, try pressing right above the "Browse" item in the main pullout menu. If you press in the right spot just above "Browse" and just below the Spotify bar, it will bring you to the search feature. This is because the "Search" menu item still exists, but it is hidden behind the top spotify bar. Only a couple pixels are selectable and no text shows whatsover for the search button. 

To be specifc: I'm on Android 4.3 and still the same issue as with posters above.

So Asam can you please give us an update on what Spotify is doing to fix this?

Same here

4,2 on galazy S4 still no search function

Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 same issue here, this needs sorting quickly. 

me too

spotify version 3.1.0.1117

android 4.3

Phone galaxy note 2

country UK

Same issue here.

Premium Subscriber

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-I727)

Android version: 4.1.2

Deleted the cache and all data, then logged back into the app.  Had the search option right up to the point where I started playing a song, expanded the player window, then minimized it.  After that, no Search.

Version of spotify premium: 3.1.0.1117
Version of android: 4.2.2
Phone make/model samsung: gt-i9190
Country Turkey

• Version of Spotify: 3.1.0.1117
  • Version of Android: 4.2.2
  • Phone make/model: Samsung Galaxy Mini SIII  (Model GT-I8200N)

I'm using Spotify Premium on my Sony Xperia phone, and all of a sudden, the Search option above Browse in the mini menu is gone. I can't search for music and on the only instance it came back, it disappeared right away again.

This is HUGELY frustrating. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I don't want to do it again and re-download 2000+ songs. Any help?

this happened to me a couple hours ago. I had to restart my phone.

I thought I had it figured out and I was going to give you some workaround but I checked again and it happened yet again...

try restarting the phone, that worked for me

• Version of Spotify you're using.                 3.1.0.1117
  • Version of Android you're using.               4.2.2
  • Phone make/model.                                   GT-S7582L
  • Country your Spotify account is set to.     Costa Rica

Search option disappeared

Version 3.1.0. 1117
Android 4.2.2
Samsung galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Country Colombia

Thanks. It happened to me in a Samsung Galaxy tablet. Restarting worked fine. Weird anyway.

looks like this is a known issue.

if it happens again post your info here, just in case

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/No-Search-option-on-Main-menu/td-p/1159320

Closing the app and re opening it helps sometimes, but it's sh..
Hope they fix it really quickly

I also have the issue.

Premium Subscriber

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Android version: 4.1.2

Suggested posts