Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists not syncing? Please come in here.

Solved!

Offline playlists not syncing? Please come in here.

Of note:

Several users have reported that theymanaged to resolve this issue by making more space available. Conversely, if you are experiencing issues, make sure you have enough free space.

To report not being able to sync playlists stay here and reply.

To report synced playlists disappearing/having to re-sync already synced playlists, please go here.

There are several topics floating around about playlists no longer syncing offline.

Most of these posts don't include much information, so we can't investigate internally.

Please have a read in this topic: Troubleshooting Spotify on Android.

If you didn't already, try the troubleshooting steps. Don't miss the connection issues link.

If all else fails, please use the template provided to post all relevant information back here in this post.

Thank you.

Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I've found the problem. My device had less than 1GB storage. I deleted 5GB of data and now spotify has started downloading again. Ma ybe there should be an 'out of storage' error message rather than just hanging?

Hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I mistyped, I have premium. It's not like I'm the only one having a problem. Also, the streaming is horrible, couldn't get through a song, so the offline playlist is a must.

Marked as solution

I really would like this fixed. I emailed support days ago and still no response, is there a US number to call?

61 Replies

Description

Wont sync off line play (sometimes gets to 24% and stops)

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

Open spotify,

click on starred

click download playlist

nothing happens or it stops and wont carry on

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

yes

What I expected to happen

It would be fixed

What actually happened

It wasn't fixed

Device model

Galaxy s2 GT-I9000

Device’s

Operating System

ICS 4.0.3

Is your device rooted?

yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_XEO

My mobile Spotify version

0.5.2.87 (0.8.3.636.gf43a5f3)

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

9.8.4.107.g4fa0003f

My mobile provider and country

o2 UK

M y username

peanut182

Having been a Premium member for a few weeks I am failing to see the point of paying £120 a year for a service that doesn't work. It looks like you've really messed up technically and from what I can see from the forums and the website, customer service is not a strong point either. Here's hoping this info will assist, but I will not be continuing my subscription until I see some positive news from Spotify.

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

I am unable to download Playlists consistently to my Android app. The download either freezes at a particular percentage or just stays at zero. I am logged in correctly to both desktop and mobile apps and the confgurations are all correct. No devices show in the desktop app.

1. Logged out and in on both apps

2. cleared data on desktop and mobile apps and uninstalled mobile app

3. reinstalled mobile app

4. added new playlists and have managed to download only one entirely to my mobile app

Yes - on numerous occasions

Playlists shoudl download and device shoudl appear in desktop app

What actually happened

Only one Playlist has downloaded entirely, the rest are frozen

Device model

Samsung Galaxy SII

Device’s Operating System

2.3.4 gingerbread

Is your device rooted?

No

No

0.8.4.107.gfa0003f

Orange UK

My username

NeilF

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Offline playlists not syncing, just stays on 0%. Started about a week ago I think.

1. Tried deleting cache and data

2. Reinstalled app

3. Reset password

Y

That I would be able to start downloading

What actually happened

Nothing, still doesn't work

Device model

HTC One X

Is your device rooted?

Yes

No, stock

N/A

3UK

My username

I log in using the username 'tyreluk' but next to the log out button it says I am logged in as Tim MacDow

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Marked as solution

I think I've found the problem. My device had less than 1GB storage. I deleted 5GB of data and now spotify has started downloading again. Ma ybe there should be an 'out of storage' error message rather than just hanging?

Hope this helps others.

Iv just done this too and its fixed my problem !

There needs to be a update to warn users they have no space left instead of just not working ( i did acutally have some space left just clearly not enough)

Reading your comments it looks like the issue is related to not having enough storage space left on your phone.

And you do have a point, it would probably help to have an error message to let you know that you need more storage space. I'll pass this along.

Thanks for letting us know how you solved your issue.

Community Ergo Sum

Several users (among others myself) has reported in a number of threads another problem with playlists that wont stay downloaded.  http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Android-app-forgetting-downloaded-playlists/td-p/1184...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/New-Music-Won-t-Stay-Downloaded/td-p/115032 and others.

PerBonomi keeps telling people with this problem to report in this thread. But, it is not the same problem. 

There seems to be two problems, which different people have.

1. Playlists not syncing, or freezing when syncing.

2. Playlist that has been synced/downloaded which suddenly are not longer synced/downloaded

Maybe the problems are related, but for me, I only have the second problem, playlists do not stay downloaded, so the solution to trouble with syncing (not enough memory available) does not apply to me.

RunningMan, you're very astute. I have edited the original post of this topic to direct people with your issue to the other topic.

Thanks for the heads up.

Community Ergo Sum

@perbonomi wrote:

RunningMan, you're very astute. I have edited the original post of this topic to direct people with your issue to the other topic.

Thanks for the heads up.

yes, and conversely, you're not very astute.

Description

When I try to sync my playlist, it is stuck at "Downloading 0%"

1. Logged out and in

2. cleared data on mobile apps and uninstalled mobile app

3. reinstalled mobile app

4. added new playlists

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes 

Playlists should download and device should appear in desktop app

What actually happened

Still stuck at ""Downloading 0%""

Device model

LG Optimus V

2.3.7 gingerbread

Is your device rooted?

Yes

No

Virgin Mobile USA

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Description:

Playlists won't sync.

Opened spotify

clicked on my playlist to be synced

Checked its status

Stuck at 0%

yes

The playlist would start downloading.

What actually happened
It wasn't fixed.

Device model
Samsung Stratosphere

Operating System
Gingerbread 2.3.5 and windows 7

Is your device rooted?
No.

N/A

0.5.2.87 (0.8.3.636.gf43a5f3)

9.8.4.107.g4fa0003f

Verizon Wireless United States.

M y username

toyourgrave

Something happened last night.  I was getting a strange error on my phone but at the time Spotify was showing my downloaded playlists as though I could play them but I chose to reboot my phone.  I now regret doing that because once my phone rebooted all of my downloaded content within Spotify was gone!  The lists are still there and I can stream each track but I can not redownload anything.  This morning I tried clearing data, re-installing Spotify ect. ect. but to no avail.  Then it dawned on me to check out Spotify on my iPod Touch.  My downloaded lists are still on it but it can't update any tracks.  I was getting an error about Spotify being unable to download anything to try again later.

I should note that this isn't the first time that Spotify for Android wiped out all of my downloaded playlists.  I'm so frustrated right now that I'm starting to wonder what I'm paying you guys for.  Why does everytime you guys have a problem, I lose all of my downloaded music?  I'm just about done with Spotify!

@stingraysc - your posts are becoming more and more antagonistic. Please try to stay on the constructive side of criticism and avoid becoming a simple troll throwing insults. If you don't believe Spotify is capable of changing why 'waste' your time on the board - its not helping anyone
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@licenced wrote:
@personanongrata - your posts are becoming more and more antagonistic. Please try to stay on the constructive side of criticism and avoid becoming a simple troll throwing insults. If you don't believe Spotify is capable of changing why 'waste' your time on the board - its not helping anyone

with all due respect, i'm very frustrated with this company.  it doesn't help to have community moderators haphazardly closing threads in an attempt to tidy things up and create the illusion that problems are being solved when they can't clearly distinguish one problem from another.  they should be looking at the posts here with a very critical eye and forwarding information to developers (without asking for formal bug reports).  as i've said, this is all a sham...  nothing different is happening internally.

so why do you devote so much time to these forums?  why do you defend this company's practices?  have you considered the possibility that your (and others') generosity in volunteering here is contributing to the problem of spotify not properly manning these forums with knowledgable support representatives?  why do you believe that anything is changing, or has changed in the past two years?  everyone that lurks in these forums has become so tolerant and adjusted to the fact that bugs *never* get fixed, we get zero communication, and release cycles are on the order of months to years.  your continued patronization of these forums is an endorsement of those practices.

I'd like to apologize for ranting about being done with Spotify, I'm just very frustrated right now.  I often use music to get through my work day and I didn't have it yesterday nor does it seem like I'll have it today either.  I'm really flustered that every time Spotify has a problem I have to re-download gigabytes worth of music each time and I'm on a 150 gigabyte cap that I can't do anything about.  Is there anyway to back up my cached music files (once this does start working again) so I don't have to re-download them over and over again?  Spotify has been causing me a great amount of grief because of this fact.

I should note my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G on T-Mobile (formally Samsung Exhibit II 4G)  I employed the external SD work around by installing the old Spotify app first and specifying the card directly is ext.sdcard/external_sd then updating the app to the current version of Spotify.  I don't get why Spotify removed the ability to specify the external SD card in the new app though.  This is just another frustration in my growing lists of frustrations with Spotify but my most concerning is my disapearing cached content and right now the inability to sync music at the moment.

I am dipping my toes with the Rdio free trial at the moment.  Please fix these issues or I'm gone.

Hello.

I initially thought that this would have something to some automatic caching configuration that caused some playlists to sync, then stopping syncing in the future. We haven't encountered on devices here, although we're still trying to see if we can replicate it.

From other posts here, it seems that cleaning out some space should get syncing back to normal. I'd also recommend a clean installation / clearing of Spotify cache when doing this, to ensure a clean start. But keep those reports coming in. We're collating patterns and passing information onto the appropriate teams.
Airhorn Enthusiast

@David wrote:
Hello.

I initially thought that this would have something to some automatic caching configuration that caused some playlists to sync, then stopping syncing in the future. We haven't encountered on devices here, although we're still trying to see if we can replicate it.

From other posts here, it seems that cleaning out some space should get syncing back to normal. I'd also recommend a clean installation / clearing of Spotify cache when doing this, to ensure a clean start. But keep those reports coming in. We're collating patterns and passing information onto the appropriate teams.

I don't think this is device specific - so cleaning out some space or clean installation won't do any help.

Just take a look at the number of people complaining about the same problem in https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

It rather looks like an outage on Spotify's end.

I have tried on an iOS device as well (4s) and it's not working on that device either.

I un-installed Spotify and re-installed using the old app first so I could use my 32 gigabyte external SD card (which now barely has anything on it.) I assure you it always had more than enough space available for my music.  At the moment it's being populated with a playlist from Rdio.  Personally I'd just like to get Spotify caching my playlists again.

@samwise6222 wrote:

I don't think this is device specific - so cleaning out some space or clean installation won't do any help.

Just take a look at the number of people complaining about the same problem in https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

It rather looks like an outage on Spotify's end.

From what I've seen it was devices running on Android - Are you getting it on another device too?

EDIT - Sorry, just saw your edit to your post - See you're getting it on an iPhone 4S too.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts