Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PC and web players don't see android phone on Wi-Fi, only on mobile.

PC and web players don't see android phone on Wi-Fi, only on mobile.

My phone is invisible and can't see the Windows and web player (i.e. neither one can see the other, while the Windows app and web player can), unless I disconnect it from Wi-Fi and switch to Mobile Data .
I've already tried logging out from the PC app twice, reinstalling the PC app, reinstalling the Android App, and logging out twice on the Android app.
Android version 8.7.38.670

My device is a OnePlus 6T, with OxygenOS 11.1.2.2

3 Replies

Hey @Hasturkun,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It seems this issue is network related, as you've mentioned, that using a mobile data connection gets the issue resolved.

We need to look for the culprit in the Wi-Fi connection between your phone and the router. Do you mind resetting the router or trying a different Wi-Fi connection?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

I tried resetting my router, but this didn't work.

Connecting from an external Wi-Fi connection does work, though.

I should probably also add that my phone can apparently see my PS4 when connected to my home Wi-Fi network (but not the PC).

Hey @Hasturkun,

Thanks for your reply. 

We recommend that you disable any Firewall/proxy configuration set in your WiFi network that may be preventing Spotify from detecting other devices nearby. 

After you apply any change, restart the devices where you use the app and tell us if this makes any change.

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts