Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When listening to an album or playlist on the Spotify Android app, when I pause listening and then resume that session hours later, Spotify has remembered the play position of the current song, and only the next TWO songs in the Play Queue. Past those next 2 songs, the Play Queue is empty, at which point Spotify will start playing the radio station related to that playlist/album. It takes me a while to realize Spotify has stopped playing what I wanted and is now playing a radio station. I have to go back and try to find where I was on that album/playlist, which is extremely annoying for a long playlist.

This is a recurring behaviour. I can provide screenshots or a video capture if that would help.

6 Replies

Hey @danekbarney,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if this is happening when Shuffle is enabled on the playlist/ album when you start listening?

It would be great if you can provide screenshots of how the queue looks when you start playing a playlist/ album and then, when you come back to the app after some time and resume playing.

We'll look into this further 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem here as of March 17th, 2024. Every now and then my queue deletes itself. And for the last few days the queue only holds 2 songs. If I add 10 for example, only the first two show up. How to fix this?

Hey there @Guided

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you pause the playback for a couple of hours and then want to resume or when you're listening continuously as well? We'd also like to know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one. 

If this happens only on a specific device, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Just encountered this bug - the state my Spotify was in was I had songs from a Jam session sitting in the listening queue but nothing in the "Next from:" queue (see SS). I fixed it by clearing everything that was up next and started a new jam session based off just the electro swing playlist in the SS. (Unfortunately I don't have a SS from the bad state)

Key for SS:
Green - In bad state had a song loaded up (Now playing)
White - Next up would only allow 2 songs in the queue (Next in queue)

Red - Didn't exist in the bad state (Next From:)

Once song in the green section was skipped with nothing in the white section and with the red section existing, white section began to work again allowing more than 2 songs

TMacJam_0-1714581752936.png

I'm having a similar issue that it's only showing two podcasts however it seems that more things can be added and after it plays one the next queued podcast does appear.

Hey @Vvilbo,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

The type of issue you're describing is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device that may affect the proper behavior of the app. In this case, and if you haven't tried before, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps mentioned in this article

If the issue persists, would you mind confirming if you've tried the process previously suggested by @T-MacJam as well? If not, give it a try to see if it makes any difference.

Lastly, if the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts