Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after adding to playlist

Playback stops after adding to playlist

Every time I start listening to a track and add it to a playlist, after a few seconds the track stops playing and I get dropped to a screen that says "search not available in offline mode". I then have to restart the track from the playlist in order to finish listening to it.

If I don't add it to a playlist, the listening works fine. Also just listening to tracks from playlist works fine, it seems to be the adding that causes the issue. This is on a Samsung Galaxy S2 and using 3G, not wifi.

Is this a known issue?

4 Replies

Try installing the new preview release https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks, I might give it a try. But as it happens, about half of the time, my work involves testing - so maybe I'm not that keen on doing it for free for another company.

Assuming this issue is fixed in the preview version, is there any street date for it? Will I be able to d/l an update to the app from Google Play fairly soon, that fixes this issue?

Date is unknown and spotify wont comment. Its been month and a half since the preview release was made available and there have been no further updates so its not looking great.

I think the preview release was rushed out a little shortly after a lot of tech sites picked up the story about the lack of general support for android - the build works pretty well but there are some key features from the old app that are missing like local file support and scrobbling
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I got the new version of the app from Google Play today, and it works great. This issue seems to be resolved and playlist handling seems improved over the previous version at least for me.

At least based on my initial testing the app is now delivering the kind of experience I was expecting, and this makes me confident to continue my subscription. 🙂

Suggested posts