Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Moto G3 and Chromecast (2015) (video version)

Solved!

Problem with Moto G3 and Chromecast (2015) (video version)

Spotify won't find my new Chromecast (2015) (video version) when using my Moto G (3rd generation) phone.

All other applicable apps on my Moto G3 finds the Chromecast.

When using my other devices the corresponding Spotify app finds the Chromecast.

I know of at least one more Moto G3 user with the same problem on a swedish forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After receiving the latest Spotify app update my Moto G3 is finally able to stream Spotify to my Chromecast(2015 video version)!

My Spotify app version: 4.5.0.820 (swedish).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Same here, with the latest Spotify App it is working finally.

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Hmm. Odd, I would suggest that if other devices using spotify can connect to your Chromecast and you've found another user with the same phone having the same issue then maybe it's an issue with the device and you should contact the manufacturer

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Same here on a G3 using old Chromecast. All other Chromecast apps work flawless so I classify it as a Spotify specific issue.
If I use another Android device to let Spotify use the Chromecast it can be seen and controlled on my G3. Obviously there is a discovery issue. Question is what is the difference here between Spotify and other Chromecast apps.

Another non-discovering Moto G3 and Chromecast 2015 user here.

Martin

Spotify needs the sticky broadcast permission and I don't see that with other Chromecast apps (e.g. Netflix, Google Play Music).
So maybe it's a combination of different behavior of the Spotify app and a problem in the Moto G firmware.

Same is happening to me.

See my problem: Chromecast not working with android 5.1.1

It is disappointing to see it working for "free users" and not working for the payed ones.

And anoher one.. actually two, since it doesn't work one my brother's identical phoe as well

Another user with the same issue here, since I got my new Moto G 3rd gen I wasn't able to discover chromecast (old one) from my spotify app. My workaround is opening it first with my nexus 7 and from there I can start controlling the chomecast using my phone.

PS: All my other apps like youtube and netflix, are able to find and connect to the chromecast without any problem

Another Moto G v3 user with the same problem here

@bghfktu wrote:

Spotify won't find my new Chromecast (2015) (video version) when using my Moto G (3rd generation) phone.

All other applicable apps on my Moto G3 finds the Chromecast.

When using my other devices the corresponding Spotify app finds the Chromecast.

I know of at least one more Moto G3 user with the same problem on a swedish forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

. Quite annoying, this one. Hope Spotify sorts it out quickly.

Same. Moto g3 and can't see my chromecast audio.

Not a great start for my Spotify tryout.

😞

Further testing:

With a Sony android phone, it all works as expected, and Moto G3 works with other apps (iplayer radio/Google Music etc) but spotigy cannot see the Chromecase audio.

If I connect Spotify on the Sony phone to chromecase, then spotify on the Moto G3 (same account) CAN see chromecast audio, ONLY for as long as the other phone is connected. As soon as the Sony phone is disconnected from CA, then Spotify on the Moto G3 cannot see it again.

"Cannot see" meaning that the devices list is blank, or at least shows only other devices, NOT Chromecast audio.

Issue must be with Moto G3 and spotify app. 

I'm with the same problem. My moto g3 dont find chromecast 2015 in spotify. But my mom's moto x find. Youtube, netflix and outhers work well.

I'm with the same problem. My moto g3 dont find chromecast 2015 in spotify. But my mom's moto x find. Youtube, netflix and others work well.

Same problem here, moto g3 (5.1.1), chromecast 2015 (1.16.44433) and spotify (4.2.0.739). Other apps works fine

Same problem here, Moto G 3rd gen, Spotify 4.3.0.922 and Android 5.1.1, my phone just won't discover my Chromecast audio. Just got a premium account exactly to stream to my chromecast 😞

I have the exact same problem. And the problem is ONLY Spotify. All other apps work fine with Chromcast (V2). 

Please fix it. It has been 3 friggin' months! How hard can this be...

Same here! So annoying, and no answer at all.

My wife is another victim of the Moto G 3rd gen problem.

She can cast to her Microsoft SP3 and control the spotify instance that is running there.

My HTC One has no issues casting to our chromecast.

We were so annoyed that we hoped the new chromecast would make a difference, but she can neither cast to either the old or the new chromecast. As again - the spotifyapp on android is the only one that would not connect (youtube, google p.music, ... all work!)

anyone with a work around?

Hey! Same problem here!!!
Working fine with Sony mobiles, but Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen don't find Spotify. Please any help will be appreciated.

Same here. Moto G 2015 (Android 5.1.1) and Chromecast Audio

Suggested posts