Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card Issues

SD Card Issues

This has been going on for a few days now. I got a message saying something about storage being inaccessible and suddenly all my songs were no longer downloaded to my SD card. I checked and saw that my phone had, for whatever reason, revoked SD card access from Spotify. No biggie, I give it the permission again, set the storage option to external card and start to download songs before I go to bed. In the morning, I found that, for whatever reason, Spotify had tried to download my songs to internal storage (which filled up and only managed to download about 10% of my library) and the option to download to SD card was no longer there. Over the course of the last few days I've tried reinserting the SD card, reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, rebooting my phone, formatting the SD card and most other stuff I found online. Reinserting the card caused the option to download to external storage to be temporarily available again, but it disappeared once I started downloading songs and the app automatically went back to using internal storage. This also happened after I tried formatting the card (option was available then disappeared). I'm really frustrated and basically on the verge of switching back to using Google Play Music so any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply

I didn't get any replies to this but I think I may as well update it for anyone with a similar problem looking at this thread in the future. After always getting error messages when trying to transfer video files on the SD card, I started to suspect that my card was the issue. I got a new one and that suspicion was proven correct, all my songs download without issue now. If anyone has an issue like this with Spotify, try transferring random files onto your SD card. If you get error messages, your card is probably the issue.

Suggested posts