Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Ace: new version of spotify is not compatible with the device

Hello World,

i got a problem with my ace. Since yesterday, when the new version of spotify was available, my ace won´t install the new one. It says that my device is not compatible for this version of spotify. Will there be a fix or do i have to buy a new cellphone?

181 Replies

Well, sure, but you can also find old, unpatched version of Internet Explorer to run. But they're not safe. The onus is on Spotify to fix this, not for us to be put at risk for something that worked previously. Let's force them to answer for this and release a compatible app for people that is patched with the hack fix. 

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Well there might be an app version coming for the ARMv5 devices, but it is just talk for now no promises.

Well, right now there's no talk from Spotify, nor promises, that's my point. If we come up with solutions (that put users at risk), that takes Spotify off the hook for this fiasco. We have to make them answer for what they've done.

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Hey guys,

I had same problem with my Galaxy Ace, everything is eventually being moved from the Arm6 processor architecture even though they're still rolling out new devices with Arm6 processors installed. Silly I know, but true and I assume that's what's happened, only in this case Spotify didn't think they had to let anyone know.

Anyway, uninstall Spotify off your phone now and re-install using this link and you'll be able to get back onto Spotify again. 🙂 Remember to turn off automatic updates though.

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android

To turn off automatic updates, please see the following link.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/3489674/stop-android-apps-automatically-updating/

Hope this help,

Philip

Could you let me know what Spotify support say?

Well the rolling out of "new" low cost devices with old architecture is something all tech manufactures do. What to do when a mass producing company is sitting on 1 million processor chips and no way to upgrade them? Hey great idea build low cost entry smart devices and sell them to the general masses who need something low cost but not the next and greatest at the moment it fills the market for a couple years until the new tech surprass the v7's. While software companies at the same time decide to change up to stay ahead of new tech coming. It is a double edge sword and not to mention when the old tech has been compromised through some unclear action somewhere.

The only statement spotify made was this http://news.spotify.com/us/2014/05/27/important-notice-to-our-users/

Edited to add there is a little bit about this from Hacker News

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7804312

Aqui está a ultima versão funcional do Ace, estou usando normal no Ace Duos GT-S6802B, este apk é original um backup dos meus aplicativos, não foi baixado em nenhum site de terceiros ou similares

Here is the latest working version of the Ace, I'm using normal at Ace Duos GT-S6802B, this apk is a backup of my original application was not downloaded on any third party site or similar

Link: <Link removed for violating the Community Terms & Conditions - Mod.>

I have a question how hard is it to get recondition android devices with the ARMv7 processors now? I think I have found a few within means for most people, at least in the States.

Hello,

A security problem?
thanks

@lueneberg wrote:

Aqui está a ultima versão funcional do Ace, estou usando normal no Ace Duos GT-S6802B, este apk é original um backup dos meus aplicativos, não foi baixado em nenhum site de terceiros ou similares

Here is the latest working version of the Ace, I'm using normal at Ace Duos GT-S6802B, this apk is a backup of my original application was not downloaded on any third party site or similar

Link: <Link removed for violating the Community Terms & Conditions >

Hello,

A security problem?
thanks

Ok, the one, which worked for me, was this one:

<Link removed for violating the Community Terms & Conditions - Mod.>

It is Spotify 1.0.0.82 from 05.05.2014

All the newer versions told there was a problem with the install, and advised me to reinstall.

BTW, I am using a Samsung Galaxy i5800 as a Spotify stream receiver for my HiFi.

As for this updating policy, let me give my 2 cents.

I totally understand, that it is nonsense to be compatible with all the previous ARM core versions. This is what is the x86 plattform's biggest burden ny now.

You'll get obvious benefits by using the newer instruction set.

But:

Here is what you should have done: The latest version from the oldschool Spotify app could have checked if it was running on a ARMv5 or ARMv6, and if yes it should not have said to install the new Spotify Music app, as that would never run anyway.

It should have kept functioning, until who knows how long it was possible for the servers to keep streaming music to the old apps.

If the new Spotify Music app can tell after installing, that it is installed on a non supported plattform, than so can the old Spotify app.

Says I need to update Spotify as this version is no longer supported.

When I go to Google play it says my device isn't compatible with this version.

Model AZ210A

Andriod 2.3.7

As you can see, basically this entire forum's front page is covered with people asking similar questions. 

As you can see, Spotify is more or less ignoring it at this point, letting us inmates run the asylum. I can't promise you that other services will be better, but I find it hard to imagine in any way they could be worse. 

On the other hand, if you want nearly invisible customer support, amateurish development, and the chance to get hacked, keep using Spotify!

Lamp

I have the same problem coming from the last update we were forced to take due to security issues. Now I can´t use spotify in my cel phone. Will this be worked out soon?

There is no news about it. If news, I inform you.

Hi, all,
I was usual to play spotify with my HUAWEI U8650-1 with android 2.3.6
Two days ago i had to upgrade the app to spotify music but it was impossible.
Google play store said that my device is incompatible with the new version. i tried to force the upgrade but app doesn't work.
Any suggestion other then "change the device" ?
Many thanks in advance.
Kr
Thevirex

Yes, the advice is find another streaming music service and tell all your friends to avoid Spotify unless they like getting hacked/treated like a non-entity.

Lamp

Thanks mate!

Having the same situation. Really disappointed. Lost all my playlists. Emailed spotify but no answer yet. I guess I need to upgrade phone. I have galaxy ace.

Getting the same errors trying to instal new version. Emailed spotify no help offered as yet. Is the only option to upgrade phone. I have a Samsung ace 2.3.6 ...this is so annoying...
Marked as solution

@Paulus_vondyer8 wrote:
Getting the same errors trying to instal new version. Emailed spotify no help offered as yet. Is the only option to upgrade phone. I have a Samsung ace 2.3.6 ...this is so annoying...

You should read the posts above really.  Spotify has already responded to the problem you're facing.  We all have the same problem here and their answer is that they do not support armv5 and armv6 based devices any more.  Your phone is one of them.  If they don't create a compatible app, your phone will not be able to run Spotify.

Suggested posts