Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play doesn't Play all songs

Shuffle Play doesn't Play all songs

Hi all,

When I listen to music on my phone for some reason if I press shuffle play it only plays certain albums.  For example if I listen to "The Dreadnoughts" and just press shuffle play it plays their main albulms but never their Cadillac album.  Although when I listened to spotify on my computer it would draw from all of their albums incluing Cadillac.  I recently tried to put shuffle play for all of my downloaded music by going to "Your Library" then "Songs" then pressing Shuffle play.  For some reason out of almost 450 songs from 7 artists (I have odd music tastes) it only draws from 3 artists. It won't play the other artists in shuffle unless I specifically select them at the beginning but even the it doesn't play them ever again.  I tested this on my computer and it works fine there too so it's just my phone.  I would like some help with this if there's a workaround or a fix for my phone as that is my main listening device though.

Thank you, Peter

8 Replies

Hey @Peterisbb,

If interested, please vote for this idea and post there to see the shuffle function improved in future versions of the app.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks but I think Spotify devs have already looked at this "implemented" it and moved on. Did vote on it though

Is it actually "implemented" if it doesn't work? 

I doubt it, but I don't think spotify staff are looking at it anymore.  I have posted on it though.

I mean, that's their choice, but I still consider this a "bug" if it doesn't work, especially being one of the most basic rudimentary functions that any music player can do. 

Don't worry I agree with you.  It's kinda stupid.  I did post on it and hopefully they are still looking at it.

I have the same problem. How is it possible that shuffle songs only selects from a subset of artists. Every time I hit shuffle I get a selection from the very small subset of recently listened to artists.  This is infuriating. 

I noticed that when I listen to the same playlist offline, picking songs that are played or queued is a little different than when I listen online. I therefore think that Spotify affects which songs will be played

Suggested posts