Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

Usually I play my Spotify music via my Google Nest speakers without any problems. Today I noticed that I can't play every song from my playlist. Some songs can be played via the speaker, some songs are silent. I even tried to play the silent songs via the artist directly or the album, but with same result.

When I however play the music via my phone, I can play every song without any problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you

8 Replies

Same here (since today) with Chromecast.

Experiencing the same problem; Selected songs can play on my phone but are silent on my google devices (I've tried both on Google Home Mini and Google Nest)

I have same starting today. I also found all songs play fine on Alexa.

Hi folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Sorry to hear you guys are experiencing playback issues when listening via Google devices. Thank you @MJ041 for letting us know about your experience with Alexa. 

Did this happen out of nowhere? Did you make any changes to your setups, a new router? Could you guys try to reboot your Google devices and try again. Also its worth testing if this will happen when using another device e.g. connecting via the Desktop app or Website version. 

Keep us posted.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@MartinT

Yes, this happened out of nowhere, no changes to the system or procedure.

But for me the problem was gone the next day. So it was probably fixed/restored.

Thanks.

Actually my issue was also solved yesterday. I didn't change anything.

I'm getting this with all songs. It just started this weekend. At this point I have completely factory reset both my Google devices and set them up again and have tried a bunch of other troubleshooting suggestions like uninstalling both the Google home and Spotify apps. Other apps play music fine, it's just Spotify that no longer works. 

Hey @Heatherzilla,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! @haesen1980, @Wilco, glad to hear everything's all right now! 

Could you let us know what other troubleshooting you've tried so far, so we don't repeat ourselves. You mentioned uninstalling the Spotify app, but we would suggest performing a clean uninstall of the app, it's a more thorough removal of the app from your device and it will let you start with Spotify completely anew. Here's a link to the article with instructions on how to do that.

Hope this helps out, 

Cheers.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts