Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Songs stop downloading after a certain amount of downloads. Next to the "heart" icon, the download shows a perpetually swirling circle. This happens regardless of the album/playlist/artist.

I have already tried removing and reinstalling Spotify. Upon reinstall, Spotify worked ok until I downloaded a certain amount of songs and the problem occurred again. I have updated Android and restarted. There is at least 57GB of free space on the phone. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Reply

Hey @vaughn135,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

This type of issue is usually related to some damaged cache stored on your device from precious downloads. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Keep in mind that you'll have to re-download the content after this process.

If the issue persists, check if your device has any SD card inserted. If so, remove it and try again.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts