Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Downloading Entire Library Over Cellular Data

Spotify Downloading Entire Library Over Cellular Data

Hi,

I just noticed that Spotify was attempting to download my entire library of saved songs (over 2,000 songs) over cellular data. I have "download over cellular data" turned off (was always turned off). The even weirder part is that the songs it's trying to download are always marked as downloaded (green checkmark). This is using a lot of my data, and the only way I can get it to start is by turning off my cellular data. What gives?

I'm using:

-LG G5

-Android version: 7.0

-Spotify version: 8.4.19.792

Thanks!

3 Replies

If "download over cellular" is disabled in spotfy settings, this shouldn't happen It's possible that spotify was merely resynching the songs in the cache with your downloaded playlists. Are you sure that the app actually used any cellular data while this was happening?

Hi, 

Yes, it used about 300 MB before I turned off my data. I restarted the phone, verified that "download using cellular" was turned off,  and turned my data back on. It started downloading songs again.

It makes no sense.  I noticed someone else was having the same issue in another thread, so maybe it's some issue with the latest update?

Weird. I have te same spotify version and it won't download over cellular if the option is disabled. Just thinking out aloud....my Samsung S8 has something called Smart Network Switch" in wifi settings. The description says "switch to mobile data when your wifi connection becomes unstable". I wonder if enabling this could cause your issue.

Suggested posts