Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Wont Play when Offline

Spotify Wont Play when Offline

This is starting to drive my nuts. Lately my Spotify App has stopped playing when offline which is the whole reason I pay for Premium.

I'm currently running version 3.7.0.833

I'm on Android 5.0.1 with the latest updates from Verizon.

I'm running on a Samsung Galaxy S4

What the Application is in off-line mode, or the phone is in airplane mode, my downloaded playlists will not play. When you try to play a song, the time just stays at 0:00. The moment I go online it starts playing.

I've tried deleting the playlist and re-downloading, I've tried uninstalling the application, and just today I factory resetted my entire phone and tried, but the problem persists.

I think this is an issue with the application as I have tried everything in my power to troubleshoot this. Can we get some confirmation as to this being a bug on the Spotify App?

/Also just noticed ANOTHER problem. When I am online, I'll play a song and it stops at the end by a couple seconds and never goes to the next song

EDIT: Also adding more information. I tried pulling the SD cared and re-installing the App. When I download my 500 songs on extreme qualuity, it takes up some 100MB of space on my phone and that's it...So I wonder if it's actually downloading the information.

7 Replies

I'm assuming the lack of response is "I have no idea"

I'll just try and find an older apk of the app and see if that works. If not then there's no point in paying for premium.

Well looks like I found the problem. It's the latest version of Spotify!

So I rolled back to an older version APK and all my problems went away. Downloading the music took up the propper amount of space on my phone and plays when offline.

EDIT: Removed link to older version hosted by a non-Spotify supported site. We should not be offering or linking to older versions of the Spotify app.

EDIT: Looks like my link was removed, but I'll just tell you that the solution is to install the 3.2 APK version. The 3.7 version that is current is what's causing the problems.

I have the same problem. Running on aosp or stock rom on my LG G3. Offline playlists synced to phone, then when offline, go to play songs / shuffle play - it only plays 4 out of a hundred or so offline songs - the same songs.  If I go to the exact offline playlist, it will play the playlist, just not a shuffle of all offline songs like it used to.

Well I had a link to the solution which was to install the 3.2 APK but it was removed. I guess Spotify doesn't want people knowing that their newer versions are buggy. But do some googling and you will find it. 😉

Same problem on my galaxy and iPad. Well at least the galaxy is gonna work until next version

Yeah - and I found the same problem with my iOS device also.  It's the new versions that are buggy.  I've gone back and forth with tech support via email, but somehow they don't understand what is happening and I'm not sure how to get a description of the problem across accurately enough.

@Shiro666 wrote:

Same problem on my galaxy and iPad. Well at least the galaxy is gonna work until next version

I think I fixed the problem I was having similar to yours.  Go into your playlists and make sure the songs are checked for 'Save to your Music' (that little check mark on the left side).  Might be easier to do from the desktop version of Spotify.  See if that helps it.  This isn't the way it used to work, but my music is now shuffling properly when offline.

Suggested posts