Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify blocking text message alerts

Solved!

Spotify blocking text message alerts

When a game or other not important alert plays Spotify will breifly dial down the music volume and then play my alert. But when my message app goes off it does nothing. I've literally missed work because I didn't hear the alert so my boss found someone else for the open shift. This is only an issue when I'm using my headphones. If I'm casting it too another device on my network I have no issue.

The support guys on Twitter were complete morons. Asking me to do everything from finding a a different phone to try to asking for my Facebook log in credentials.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Twitter support is now ignoring me. They have been on there all day and night but won't answer any of my tweets. Therefore I'll be calling Visa and charging back this month. Spotify owes me $120 in lost wages since they refuse to even talk to me about this issue. No 1800 number and a couple online systems that ignore support requests is unprofessional and unacceptable. If I get any charges after today they will be reported to the RCMP ecrimes unit and a criminal complaint filed at the courthouse. I'm leaving and I won't be back.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Twitter support is now ignoring me. They have been on there all day and night but won't answer any of my tweets. Therefore I'll be calling Visa and charging back this month. Spotify owes me $120 in lost wages since they refuse to even talk to me about this issue. No 1800 number and a couple online systems that ignore support requests is unprofessional and unacceptable. If I get any charges after today they will be reported to the RCMP ecrimes unit and a criminal complaint filed at the courthouse. I'm leaving and I won't be back.

This is not an official support channel. The About page details contact options.

It's on their website therefore it's official.

Bizarre logic there. The Spotify® Support Community Guidelines say:

1. No official support from Spotify

Keep in mind that most of the information or other material posted in the Community is user generated and not official support provided by Spotify. As with any information or advice, obtained through any medium, you should use your judgment and exercise caution where appropriate, regardless of from whom such material originates. For official support with account related and payment related questions, please submit a ticket to our customer service department using the contact form.

Suggested posts