Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will NOT detect my WiFi

Solved!

Spotify will NOT detect my WiFi

This is so frustrating, I don't know if you all are working on the program or not but I have NOT been able to use my Spotify application due to the fact that it will not detect my WiFi. It is not my WiFi's fault, all other applications detect it. It has been this way for about a half a week now so please, please fix and respond to this message. Thank you.

Brennen H.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You might need to manually open the IP addresses and ports Spotify needs in your router/firewall. 

You can also allow the IP range and ports that Spotify is using in your firewall or router: Open the firewall for 78.31.8.0/21 and open port 4070 for TCP as well as port 80 for TCP.

Unfortunately, with so many models of routers out there, you would need to look up how to do this in your instruction manual! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey 🙂 

What do you mean when you say won't detect your WiFi? Are you getting the no internet connection error? 

Peter

Peter

Yes that's right. Like, my mobile network will be detected but my WiFi connection will not and I will get the banner at the bottom of the screen saying "No Internet connection" and all of my playlists will fade. It is doing the same on my laptop as well.

Sounds like it might be a connection issue, what error code do you get on the desktop when this happens? (Helps to narrow down the problem!)

Peter

Peter

Error Code:117

Hi Brennen,

Could you try connecting to a different WiFi network on both your Android and laptop?

We'll then be able to see if it's an issue with your router/WiFi, or a device/account problem.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

There is also some IP addresses and ports you can manually open in your router on this guide if you want to give that a go incase your router is blocking Spotify. 

Peter

Peter

I will have to wait until I go somewhere to try that but I will do that as soon as possible.

Ok, cool. We look forward to hearing back.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okay so it works fine somewhere else but still no luck here. Any ideas on how to change that?

Marked as solution

You might need to manually open the IP addresses and ports Spotify needs in your router/firewall. 

You can also allow the IP range and ports that Spotify is using in your firewall or router: Open the firewall for 78.31.8.0/21 and open port 4070 for TCP as well as port 80 for TCP.

Unfortunately, with so many models of routers out there, you would need to look up how to do this in your instruction manual! 

Peter

Peter

I figured out how to do it thank you both very much for your help. I have no idea why my router decided to block Spotify's port and IP. 

Haha computers eh? Glad its working! Enjoy your music! 

Peter

Peter

Peter I have the same problem but dont know how or where to go open my router to change preferences or allow an IP address.

Any ideas?

Thansk!

Suggested posts