Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WearOS] Offline music not playing

[WearOS] Offline music not playing

Hi, 

I'm having issues with offline playback on Spotify and a Galaxy Watch 4. If I download some songs and I'm connected through Bluetooth to my phone it works fine, but once I'm disconnected from my phone the songs won't start. It worked fine just a couple of weeks ago. Reinstalling the app didn't work. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Galaxy Watch 4

Operating System

(WearOS 4)

My Question or Issue

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks,

The troubleshooting options for such issues are limited but there are some suggestions we can try!
The goal here is to sync everything online and then proceed with going offline.

Tip: Always wear the watch on your wrist during a sync. Some watches detect when the watch is worn or not and if it's not worn it might shut down the Bluetooth or the Internet connection.

Here are some steps to try; make sure you test the app behavior offline after each one:

1. Open the Wear OS/Galaxy Wearable app on the phone to retrigger the connection.
  2. If this doesn't help, reset the connection by disabling the connectivity both on the phone and the watch. Then turn them on again.
  3. Restart the watch.

Let us know if anything has fixed the issue for you!
We'll be on the lookout for new responses 🙂

17 Replies

Same issue.

Apparently this was also the case over a year ago but fixed back then, but the solution offered was to update Spotify, not helpful now.

See:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-app-crashing-on-Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-4-when-...

Hey folks,

The troubleshooting options for such issues are limited but there are some suggestions we can try!
The goal here is to sync everything online and then proceed with going offline.

Tip: Always wear the watch on your wrist during a sync. Some watches detect when the watch is worn or not and if it's not worn it might shut down the Bluetooth or the Internet connection.

Here are some steps to try; make sure you test the app behavior offline after each one:

1. Open the Wear OS/Galaxy Wearable app on the phone to retrigger the connection.
  2. If this doesn't help, reset the connection by disabling the connectivity both on the phone and the watch. Then turn them on again.
  3. Restart the watch.

Let us know if anything has fixed the issue for you!
We'll be on the lookout for new responses 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the suggestions Vasil, unfortunately this doesn't do the trick, we'd tried general troubleshooting already throughout the last weeks: updating, resetting, reconnecting, etc etc in every possible order. 

The problem persists, no running with music 😔

Wondering if anyone has found a solution yet. Still not working for me, and I bought the watch specifically for this purpose, very frustrating.

I run with my Wear OS Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 a couple of times a week.  These are the steps I usually take.

1. Download songs or episodes the watch while the watch is within range of wifi.
  2. Start playing music while connected to wifi or my phone. (This can take a while because it usually hangs while trying to show my list of downloaded episodes)
  3. This episode usually plays fine except for the play/pause function.  It can often take up to a few minutes for it to actually play or pause.
  4. Selecting a new playlist or episode can take up to a few minutes because again it hangs indefinitely while trying to show my list of downloaded episodes.
  5. Again after selecting a song Spotify hangs for up to a few minutes before the song will start playing.

In my experience, to make it work, it is best to just click things one time, and trust that it will work after a few minutes.  When i have gotten frustrated with play/pause or starting a song and clicked several times, then it never works or just adds additional delays to the process.

Hi everyone, we're still suffering the same problem like described above. It's been two months now and getting rather frustrating. Playing Spotify while running was the reason we bought the watch and the reason we have a Spotify account...

And yes we've tried restarting, updating, etc etc in every possible order many times now

Same issue here. Wear OS on Pixel Watch 2 and downloaded episodes simply stop playing.

Same issue on Xiaomi watch 2

Hey folks,

Apologies for the late reply.

For anyone still experiencing issues, please share the following so we can forward it to our tech team:

• The model, OS version and Spotify version of your watch.
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.
  • A video or a detailed description of the issue. The more info you share, the easier it will be for the team to investigate.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Hi,

Watch Model: Xiaomi watch 2
WearOS version: 3.5
Spotify version: 8.9.24.632

I tried reinstall-spotify and I wrote to Support they said "I reseted your data delete your spotify and try again (Both phone and watch)" and I tried this worked and after a few hours after that it not worked

I can't send a video and screenshot (When I try to upload to site it says An Unexpected Error has occurred.but if I must send I can do with 3rd party sites) but I'll describe more

I cant see and play my downloaded songs in the playlists (When the watch not connected to phone), but I can see everytime last played songs list, sometimes I can see some playlists sometimes I cant see all of playlists except last played song

I hope it helps!

Hi there @Mehmetcim,

Thanks for your reply and all the details provided.

If you're having issues uploading any videos or screenshots here, then you can also upload the content to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it. The more info we have, the easier will be for the team in charge to investigate the situation.

For anyone else experiencing the issue, please share the requested info when you have then chance.

We'll be on the lookout!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Again,

Here is the YouTube video link: https://youtube.com/shorts/OpTtgUCyQlA?si=TDbWkXKJux2gJazU

First Playlist () is has last played song so I can open it without internet. I can't open another playlists without internet

I hope it helps!

Hi @Mehmetcim,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but we're unable to watch the video. Could you please make sure it is public and has no age restrictions?

On another note, if you know of any other users experiencing the same behavior, could you ask them to post the requested info in this thread as well?

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

My brother using Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic WearOS 4 and he has this problem too

I'm sure video is public and I'll try attach video here I hope it works

Hey @Mehmetcim,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate all the info you've shared regarding this topic, it's really helpful. In order to send all the info to the relevant teams, @nm94 and @Victor81 would you mind confirming if you're still having this issue? And if so, could you include in your next response the model, OS version and Spotify version of your watch as well?

We'll be around.

OscarDCModerator

Hi,

Should I send Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic WearOS and Spotify version?

And Spotify updated a while ago current spotify version for Xiaomi watch 2 is 8.9.26.583

I hope this issue will solved asap!

Hey folks,

Thanks to all of you for the info shared.

@Mehmetcim, we really appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. This info is very important to us. 

@Victor81@robbz23@nm94, folks, we'd like to double-check, are you seeing this behavior on your side currently? If yes, please send us the info asked by @MihailY here. That way, we can further this info to the right team and continue investigating this further.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts