Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why do I have to shuffle instead of click on the song I want?

Solved!

Why do I have to shuffle instead of click on the song I want?

I opened the app and chose the playlist but it just showed what was in there and I clicked and it only played a sample of the song. To get it to play I have to select shuffle. I want to choose what I'm going to listen to. How can I fix this. Also, I'm on spotify free but it keeps adding songs to my playlist and only lets me hide them instead of remove them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hiya Night Wolf, It sounds like you may be experiencing two separate issues with your Spotify app.

For the first issue where you are only able to play a sample of a song and have to select shuffle to listen to the entire playlist, it's possible that you have accidentally enabled the "Shuffle Play" feature. To disable this, try tapping the "Shuffle Play" button (which looks like two arrows crossed over each other) on the Now Playing screen to turn it off. Then, try selecting a song again and see if it plays the full track.

As for the second issue where songs are being added to your playlist without your consent, it's possible that this is due to the "Auto Add" feature of Spotify. This feature automatically adds songs to a playlist based on your listening history and saved tracks. To disable this feature, go to the playlist settings for the affected playlist and toggle off the "Auto Add Songs" option.

If these solutions don't work for you, you may want to try logging out of the app and logging back in, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issues.

Keep me PUPdated,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @xxnight_wolfxx,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We're jumping here to add some additional insights. Keep in mind our free experience on mobile is different: music on-demand is a Premium feature. Since you mentioned your account is on our free service, the behavior you kindly described is expected. You can skip and select songs on a selection of 15 playlists chosen by Spotify based on your likes, as well as personalized playlists, including Daily Mix, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. The desktop app for free users works differently than the app on the phone. You can read more about it in this article.

Additionally, the app adds suggested tracks within the same album/playlist when you are in the free experience on mobile. Keep in mind, these recommendations are going to appear since this is expected behavior as well.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hiya Night Wolf, It sounds like you may be experiencing two separate issues with your Spotify app.

For the first issue where you are only able to play a sample of a song and have to select shuffle to listen to the entire playlist, it's possible that you have accidentally enabled the "Shuffle Play" feature. To disable this, try tapping the "Shuffle Play" button (which looks like two arrows crossed over each other) on the Now Playing screen to turn it off. Then, try selecting a song again and see if it plays the full track.

As for the second issue where songs are being added to your playlist without your consent, it's possible that this is due to the "Auto Add" feature of Spotify. This feature automatically adds songs to a playlist based on your listening history and saved tracks. To disable this feature, go to the playlist settings for the affected playlist and toggle off the "Auto Add Songs" option.

If these solutions don't work for you, you may want to try logging out of the app and logging back in, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issues.

Keep me PUPdated,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @xxnight_wolfxx,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We're jumping here to add some additional insights. Keep in mind our free experience on mobile is different: music on-demand is a Premium feature. Since you mentioned your account is on our free service, the behavior you kindly described is expected. You can skip and select songs on a selection of 15 playlists chosen by Spotify based on your likes, as well as personalized playlists, including Daily Mix, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. The desktop app for free users works differently than the app on the phone. You can read more about it in this article.

Additionally, the app adds suggested tracks within the same album/playlist when you are in the free experience on mobile. Keep in mind, these recommendations are going to appear since this is expected behavior as well.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for the answers! I'm new to Spotify and use it while I'm editing. I have only used it for about a week. 

No puedo seleccionar la canción que quiero

When playing my own songs, the song skips to songs from other, most likely, fake accounts. By the way, the songs that start playing have sometimes threatening titles.

When I report the account and try to play my song again, it skips to play a song from another fake account. So there are to many fake account to report them all. Spotify just need to play my song when anyone clicks on one of my songs as a solution.

I changed my password and logged out everywhere. I never logged in on someone elses device only on my own laptop I dont use any longer (Vivobook pro). I use the spotify app on my android phone.

In the attachment you'll find one of the fake accounts my song skips to.

Thank you for your help. 

Screenshot_20240429-202851.png

I got an email from spotify that it looks like rhe problems that are solved but that doesnt work for me because its a totally different problem than the ones my post is merged with. Its about my own songs as a music artist. Anyone, help?

Hi there @anonymoushelp,

Thanks for your reply and for the info you've provided.

Sometimes when a single, playlist, album, or artist ends, you might get recommended music from different artists. You can check that because, on the top of what you're listening to, it says 'Recommended for you'. 

Now, you mention fake accounts, so if that other user you're seeing has your same artist name and the same music uploaded, it's best to contact our Artist Support team here.

If the behavior you're experiencing is different and it's not related to this thread, it's best to create a new thread with more details. We'll give you a hand.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts