Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "shuffle"/random function on android is broken to the point of being unusable.

For some time now (weeks at least) this has been an issue, "shuffle" used to work fine in the past, but has now become entirely broken on the Android app.In both windows and android apps/programs the play queue has a 50 (or thereabout) song limit. Th...

• Casual Listener
  • For some time now (weeks at least) this has been an issue, "shuffle" used to work fine in the past, but has now become entirely broken on the Android app. In both windows and android apps/programs t...
  • Lozypants
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    broken
    bug
    shuffle
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Nothing will play, straight to pause or no sound

Every song either pauses and will not play or will look like its playing but no sound. Anyone else have this? Everything was working well then nothing would play

• Every song either pauses and will not play or will look like its playing but no sound. Anyone else have this? Everything was working well then nothing would play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App starts automatically everytime I unlock my phone

Since a few days Spotify starts everytime I unlock my Galaxy S8. I habe reinstalled and cleared cache already. I have also switched of all notifications. I am not using the widget. I use a Galaxy S3 smart watch if that is important. Does anybody have...

• Since a few days Spotify starts everytime I unlock my Galaxy S8. I habe reinstalled and cleared cache already. I have also switched of all notifications. I am not using the widget. I use a Galaxy S3 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot listen to specific songs

I have a really large playlist and i have spotify premium. There are a few songs on my playlist that have gone dark gray. I can't listen to them when i click on them. They're the only ones that dont have the green "downloaded" or "saved" logo on them...

• I have a really large playlist and i have spotify premium. There are a few songs on my playlist that have gone dark gray. I can't listen to them when i click on them. They're the only ones that dont ...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant visualize playlist from other user

hii have two accounts mine and my wife , i am trying to search for playlist that she created but i could not founded, the same happends to her when she try to search for a playlist that i have created.saul0824 is my user i just create another one cal...

• hi i have two accounts mine and my wife , i am trying to search for playlist that she created but i could not founded, the same happends to her when she try to search for a playlist that i have crea...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playlist other users
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant remove a local file from playlist(now deleted from pc) so I can't have the playlist offline

Hey, I've got a track on my playlist that is only visable on the playlist on my phone, but it's greyed out so it **bleep**s up my playlist for offline as It wont load properly even when all the other songs are downloaded. How do I remove the song fro...

• Hey, I've got a track on my playlist that is only visable on the playlist on my phone, but it's greyed out so it **bleep**s up my playlist for offline as It wont load properly even when all the other...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford SYNC AppLink - need to rescan for Spotify app after each engine restart.

After an engine restart. Spotify shows on the car screen but "Could not connect to spotify". Need to rescan for app on the car menu and it works again. Spotify app is running on phone etc, tried playing track not playing track.Other bluetooth phone f...

• Casual Listener
  • After an engine restart. Spotify shows on the car screen but "Could not connect to spotify". Need to rescan for app on the car menu and it works again. Spotify app is running on phone etc, tried play...
  • Topdawg
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

i accidentaly synced to face on spotify login and now my playlists are gone!

please help!i had to get the new version of spotify and downloaded it and accidentaly hit "log in with facebook" and now all my playlists are missing i have tried to uninstall and log on again on the other options but now it refuses my username,and e...

• Casual Listener
  • please help! i had to get the new version of spotify and downloaded it and accidentaly hit "log in with facebook" and now all my playlists are missing 😞 i have tried to uninstall and log on again o...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I forgot my email

I forgot it and can't get in my spotify ACC where i had Premium

• I forgot it and can't get in my spotify ACC where i had Premium
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Stations on Android Auto

Just started using Spotify with Android Auto and cannot figure out how to get followed radio stations to appear in the AA menu. I can start song radio by selecting the ((o)) button just fine, but whenever I try to stream one of my "followed" stations...

• Casual Listener
  • Just started using Spotify with Android Auto and cannot figure out how to get followed radio stations to appear in the AA menu. I can start song radio by selecting the ((o)) button just fine, but whe...
  • NicolaSpreafico
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Suppression chanson daily mix

Bonjour, j'aime beaucoup écouter ma musique via les daily mix, en revanche, j'ai supprimer une chanson par erreur de celui-ci avec l'icône rond avec un trait à l'intérieur, j'aimerais savoir comment je peux annuler ceci svp, pour que ce titre puisse ...

• Bonjour, j'aime beaucoup écouter ma musique via les daily mix, en revanche, j'ai supprimer une chanson par erreur de celui-ci avec l'icône rond avec un trait à l'intérieur, j'aimerais savoir comment ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify menus don't work

My Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is unable to accomplish anything done through the menu accessed when interacting with a song/playlist/album etc. I have restarted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. I can still listen to music bu...

• My Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge is unable to accomplish anything done through the menu accessed when interacting with a song/playlist/album etc. I have restarted my phone and uninstalled and ...
  • Kenrad55
  • Casual Listener
  • 23 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 6 likes

USB audio out OTG

Has anyone been able to use external DAC such as ifi NanoDsd or M2 tech on a tablet such as LG G pad 8.3 verizon or Dell venue 8 Android ...? I can play other media files from tab or sd using USB audio recorder pro (paid app). This should not be this...

• Has anyone been able to use external DAC such as ifi NanoDsd  or M2 tech on a tablet such as LG G pad 8.3 verizon  or Dell venue 8 Android ...? I can play other media files from tab or sd...
  • Jake-Grabowski
  • Music Fan
  • 26 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 13 likes

Downloaded music

I was wondering if there was a way for me to find all of my downloaded music. I didn't know last night that my downloads didn't show up in my library unless I save them to it. I figured that out today. Is there any way we could get a downloaded secti...

• I was wondering if there was a way for me to find all of my downloaded music. I didn't know last night that my downloads didn't show up in my library unless I save them to it. I figured that out toda...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Playlist Unavailable in Offline Mode

Hi,I am a premium user and am having some trouble with the offline mode. I have a playlist that I downloaded for offline listening, but when I am in offline mode and try to select the playlist I get a message saying the playlist is unavailable. Howev...

• Hi, I am a premium user and am having some trouble with the offline mode. I have a playlist that I downloaded for offline listening, but when I am in offline mode and try to select the playlist I ge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Love Aretha, but...

Ok...on a road trip a few days ago, my wife used my phone and Spotify to play an Aretha Franklin playlist. And since, after every song thay plays...whether I start a new playlist, add to que, or anything...after playing 1 song, it always goes back to...

• Ok...on a road trip a few days ago, my wife used my phone and Spotify to play an Aretha Franklin playlist. And since, after every song thay plays...whether I start a new playlist, add to que, or anyt...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [ALL PLATFORMS] Spotify Premium is a joke... why isn't Spotify doing anything about it?

I've loved Spotify Free on the desktop for quite some time now, so I finally decided to purchase Spotify Premium. Each day that goes by using it, I discover more nuances and hassles due to poor design and lack of features. After searching through the...

• Regular
  • I've loved Spotify Free on the desktop for quite some time now, so I finally decided to purchase Spotify Premium.  Each day that goes by using it, I discover more nuances and hassles due to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Bluetooth stuttering - Android - So Super Annoying!

I've seen many discussions about this issue in many forums, yet it never gets fixed. Let's try to state the problem clearly. Spotify, you stutter when playing via bluetooth on Andorid. The sound just drops out anytime something like a notification, e...

• Music Fan
  • I've seen many discussions about this issue in many forums, yet it never gets fixed.  Let's try to state the problem clearly.  Spotify, you stutter when playing via bluetooth on Andorid.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    bluetooth
    skipping
    stuttering
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Album cover disapears

Since about 2 updates ago, when playing music, with the Album Cover visible, after the smartphone screen goes to sleep, frequently, when I start the screen again, the Album Cover is not there (just an empty space), although the previous and next albu...

• Casual Listener
  • Since about 2 updates ago, when playing music, with the Album Cover visible, after the smartphone screen goes to sleep, frequently, when I start the screen again, the Album Cover is not there (just a...
  • phoebe_beirne
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deletes all of my downloaded songs

Here I am on the spotify forum again, for the same problem that happened multiple times and where there's still - and this is a well known problem for a while - no fix for.I use spotify to listen to off line songs a lot. So, my android phone is full ...

• Music Fan
  • Here I am on the spotify forum again, for the same problem that happened multiple times and where there's still - and this is a well known problem for a while - no fix for. I use spotify to listen t...
  • teribus_13
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes