Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

signing in

Hi, Having trouble signing in and really getting stressed with it, Cannot sign in with either Spotify or Facebook and are having to change passwords all the time. Someone please help me. Know my email, User name and the long name they gave me but sti...

• Hi, Having trouble signing in and really getting stressed with it, Cannot sign in with either Spotify or Facebook and are having to change passwords all the time. Someone please help me.  Know ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Probleme de connexion

Bonjour j'ai un compte spotify premium family et des que j'entre sur spotify je suis hors connexion alors que j'ai du Wi-Fi ou 4gJe suis à l'étranger alors est-ce lié ou non ?Voici un screenshot qui confirme que je suis en wifi

• Bonjour j'ai un compte spotify premium family et des que j'entre sur spotify je suis hors connexion alors que j'ai du Wi-Fi ou 4g Je suis à l'étranger alors est-ce lié ou non ? Voici un screenshot ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reproduccion

Me sucede que no me aparece la barra de reproduccion y al poner un tema no puedo elegir otro ni adelantar.. Tengo premium..

• Me sucede que no me aparece la barra de reproduccion y al poner un tema no puedo elegir otro ni adelantar.. Tengo premium..
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

What most of us want is having a disable option on Spotify Connect like for example Behind The Lyrics type of option in settingsand we wanted that since 2014 and still hasnt been implemented yet which should beplease do something Spotify

• Regular
  • What most of us want is having a disable option on Spotify Connect like for example Behind The Lyrics type of option in settings and we wanted that since 2014 and still hasnt been implemented yet wh...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird Bug When Playing Music - Galaxy S8

I get this really strange bug on my S8 when playing music with Spotify. Ive attached a screenshot of what happens when I start playing a song, and these strange blue bars appear on either side of my screen which stay on the screen even when exiting t...

• Casual Listener
  • I get this really strange bug on my S8 when playing music with Spotify.    Ive attached a screenshot of what happens when I start playing a song, and these strange blue bars appear on eit...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Arkwork not showing

So i bought a new phone running on android 6. I downloaded spotify, i signed in with my premium account. It plays music but it doesnt show the album arkwork and some picture on the home menu. How to fix this? Will I wait for the next update? T.T

• So i bought a new phone running on android 6. I downloaded spotify, i signed in with my premium account. It plays music but it doesnt show the album arkwork and some picture on the home menu. How to ...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player not supported in Android mobile devices?

Hello, I use the Spotify app in my Android mobile device and it works great. However I cannot use the Spotify Web Player on the same Android device. It only plays 30 seconds "demos" of any song. It also doesn't show my playlists, except the four most...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I use the Spotify app in my Android mobile device and it works great.   However I cannot use the Spotify Web Player on the same Android device. It only plays 30 seconds "d...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What was my last weeks Discover Weekly playlist?

Hello there, I really enjoyed listening to my last weeks discover weekly playlist. I did download and after that I forgot to add the songs to my personal songs. Is there any way of retracing them? I did add 3 of the songs of the playlist if that matt...

• Hello there,   I really enjoyed listening to my last weeks discover weekly playlist. I did download and after that I forgot to add the songs to my personal songs. Is there any way of retracing...
  • kynesthetic
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists gone.

Hi.I have just purchased a new android phone. I have just downloaded Spotify on to my phone but all my playlists are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Also I had to sign up for premium again. Is it going to charge me for my old account and the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have just purchased a new android phone. I have just downloaded Spotify on to my phone but all my playlists are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Also I had to sign up for premium again....
  • kynesthetic
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Constantly Crashing While Playing Music

Spotify is continuously crashing on my Meizu PRO5 phone. This did not happen a few updates ago.I doubt anyone will read this, the support here is dismal- particularly for a paid setvice, but not fixing unbroken feayures and adding fluff would do alot...

• Spotify is continuously crashing on my Meizu PRO5 phone. This did not happen a few updates ago. I doubt anyone will read this, the support here is dismal- particularly for a paid setvice, but no...
  • kynesthetic
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing after 10-15 seconds

Hey guys, since 2 weeks I have the problem that many songs stop playing after 10-15 seconds and simply close themselves. I have the newest version and already reinstalled spotify but it didnt help. Furthermore I have a Fairphone. Its very annoying es...

• Hey guys,   since 2 weeks I have the problem that many songs stop playing after 10-15 seconds and simply close themselves. I have the newest version and already reinstalled spotify but it didn...
  • lailaaax3
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Widget won't play music

On my oneplus 5, the widget won't start any music. steps to replicate:1. Open app2. play some music3. clear running apps4. on widget, click play Would be nice to not have to open app to play music when the widget is right there.

• On my oneplus 5, the widget won't start any music.   steps to replicate: 1. Open app 2. play some music 3. clear running apps 4. on widget, click play    Would be nice to not h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved Songs in "your music" canat be found on my android phone but are available on my laptop

I can add songs to "your music" but all the old ones are gone but only on my phone, my laptop still got all of them. I havent reached 10000 songs yet so i dont know why its not showing all the songs i saven in "my songs"... can somebody help me?

• I can add songs to "your music" but all the old ones are gone but only on my phone, my laptop still got all of them. I havent reached 10000 songs yet so i dont know why its not showing all the songs ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download spotify abroad as existing premium member

Hey, Ive been looking around for a sollution to this without any success. I've been a premium user for several years, and now I am abroad (Romania) for several months and got a new phone. But I have not been able to download spotify, how do I get aro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   Ive been looking around for a sollution to this without any success. I've been a premium user for several years, and now I am abroad (Romania) for several months and got a new phone. Bu...
  • Adelovitch
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound assistant app Samsung galaxy

Has the sound assistant app on Samsung galaxy phones stopped recognising Spotify since the last update for anyone else

• Has the sound assistant app on Samsung galaxy phones stopped recognising Spotify since the last update for anyone else
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify resets after restart, storage changed

Hey Spotify community, I'm using Spotify as a premium user on a Amazon fire tablet 7th generation. I'm also using a SD card to save my songs and it work. But as soon as I'm restarting the tablet, Spotify resets the place of storage to intern and, eve...

• Hey Spotify community,   I'm using Spotify as a premium user on a Amazon fire tablet 7th generation. I'm also using a SD card to save my songs and it work. But as soon as I'm restarting the ta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No sound on my Samsung S7

Just downloaded Spotify on my computer and my Samsung S7 sound is great on my computer but I can't get any sound from my phone.Please help

• Casual Listener
  • Just downloaded Spotify on my computer and my Samsung S7 sound is great on my computer but I can't get any sound from my phone.Please help
  • dlt1953
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved songs dissappeared

I was logged out of Spotify and when I logged back in I got a pop up saying that I had to pass my contract to Spotify AB, a swedish company. I agreed ( Did not have any other choice anyways) and when I did everything was different. All my saved songs...

• I was logged out of Spotify and when I logged back in I got a pop up saying that I had to pass my contract to Spotify AB, a swedish company. I agreed ( Did not have any other choice anyways) and when...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution La musica se detiene mientras uso otras apps

Hola, este es mi problema:La música se reproduce sin ningún problema mientras estoy en la aplicación y con la pantalla bloqueada, pero cuando uso otras apps, después de 1 minuto se detiene la música y se pierde el progreso que llevaba la canción. Y e...

• Hola, este es mi problema: La música se reproduce sin ningún problema mientras estoy en la aplicación y con la pantalla bloqueada, pero cuando uso otras apps, después de 1 minuto se detiene la músic...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline Mode Music Won't Play

I've been having some problems with offline mode. Earlier, music would unexpectedly undownload after leaving wifi, but that issue seems to be resolved. Now however, music that is downloaded won't play unless I have internet. Essentially, the download...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having some problems with offline mode.  Earlier, music would unexpectedly undownload after leaving wifi, but that issue seems to be resolved.  Now however, music that is download...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes