Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify via Android USB in Car (Golf)

Hi folks, New to the forum so hope someone can help. Bought a new car yesterday and was dead excited to be able to play Spotify Premium as my previous car had no connectivity. I can play fine via Bluetooth, but when I try to play via USB, my car ster...

• Hi folks,   New to the forum so hope someone can help.   Bought a new car yesterday and was dead excited to be able to play Spotify Premium as my previous car had no connectivity. I can...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Non-loading playlist is impossible to delete

Hi all! I have a playlist that contains 0 songs and only displays as "Loading...". Clicking on it, starts the loading process that takes for ages only to finally and not always display "Please go online to load the playlist". Yet, I am online. So nex...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all!   I have a playlist that contains 0 songs and only displays as "Loading...". Clicking on it, starts the loading process that takes for ages only to finally and not always display "Plea...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] "shuffle" will not continue, until focus is on app-window

As title says, I start shuffle on a play-list and after some songs it stops, and when I get the app-window in front on home-screen, it continues, but only at that point.Anyone an idea?

• Casual Listener
  • As title says, I start shuffle on a play-list and after some songs it stops, and when I get the app-window in front on home-screen, it continues, but only at that point. Anyone an idea?
  • _Zarze_
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs not downloaded not available

Hi allHave spotify premium payments up to date etc no problem.When I'm out and about with full 4g coverage the only songs that will play are those I've downloaded ie with green arrow.All others won't play unless I download them first it's so annoying...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all Have spotify premium payments up to date etc no problem. When I'm out and about with full 4g coverage the only songs that will play are those I've downloaded ie with green arrow. All others...
  • Marymooney
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download

My music needs to re-download every time I start the app.It's all in my library but every time I quit the app or leave it , it needs to re-download it.Why?

• Casual Listener
  • My music needs to re-download every time I start the app. It's all in my library but every time I quit the app or leave it , it needs to re-download it. Why?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Manually sorting playlist

Hi,I can't sort tracks manually on my playlist. How can I do it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I can't sort tracks manually on my playlist. How can I do it?
  • Howhardcanitbe
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Log in to confirm that you are a premium account user

I have recently bought a new smart phone (Vodafone Smart Mini 4) and have been a premium account user for over a year now. When choosing to go offline, in order to listen to my downloaded playlists, Spotify keeps telling me this: "To confirm that you...

• Music Fan
  • I have recently bought a new smart phone (Vodafone Smart Mini 4) and have been a premium account user for over a year now. When choosing to go offline, in order to listen to my downloaded playlists, ...
  • azelin-i
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to send messages with spotify anymore...

So have been sharing songs with my friends throufh the spotify post to or send to window when you tap share....now when intap it it pulls a window from the android OS, asking to use facebook, gmail, etc. Ive posted a picture....any ideas. Ive talked ...

• Casual Listener
  • So have been sharing songs with my friends throufh the spotify post to or send to window when you tap share....now when intap it it pulls a window from the android OS, asking to use facebook, gmail, ...
  • Boonmariachi
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    post to
    send to
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't send songs through Spotify

When I try to send songs to friends who have facebook. When I click the share button, it prompts me with a "Share using" (Facebook, Text, Email). Nothing of what I want or have had in the past. This is the reason that I have Spotify Premium, to utliz...

• Visitor
  • When I try to send songs to friends who have facebook. When I click the share button, it prompts me with a "Share using" (Facebook, Text, Email). Nothing of what I want or have had in the past. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent for "No storage data found"

So if i want to prevent this message "No storage data found", i have to keep spotify on mobile internal data, not SD Card?

• Casual Listener
  • So if i want to prevent this message "No storage data found", i have to keep spotify on mobile internal data, not SD Card?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fido Premium Subscription

I recently accounts numbers with Fido, so i've been disconnected with my premium subscription that I had with my phone contract. Everytime I try adding my phone number on spotify and Fido Hub it says that my phone number is already registered for Spo...

• Visitor
  • I recently accounts numbers with Fido, so i've been disconnected with my premium subscription that I had with my phone contract. Everytime I try adding my phone number on spotify and Fido Hub it says...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant lisent songs

I dont know why i try lisent songs in my playlist and aparently a massage apears saying that the song is not available, why is that happening? Its seems that i dont have internet but i do, it only allows me to play one song of all the songs i have wi...

• I dont know why i try lisent songs in my playlist and aparently a massage apears saying that the song is not available, why is that happening? Its seems that i dont have internet but i do, it only al...
  • _Zarze_
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Artwork Missing

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core and Spotify Premium. When I'm online, all my album artwork is visable. I go offline and certain artwork disappears (Hedley, Billy Talent, etc.) How can I fix this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy Core and Spotify Premium. When I'm online, all my album artwork is visable. I go offline and certain artwork disappears (Hedley, Billy Talent, etc.) How can I fix this problem?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app freezing up

I've been having the android app freeze up a lot. It does it on both of my phones and my tablet. They run 5.0 and 6.0, plentey of free memory on them. Does it on wifi and mobile data. I've tried reinstalling the app. And ive tried logging into anothe...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having the android app freeze up a lot. It does it on both of my phones and my tablet. They run 5.0 and 6.0, plentey of free memory on them. Does it on wifi and mobile data. I've tried rein...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Import local files on Android.

Hey guys, I have a 1st generation Moto G and Spotify premium account. In my Spotify App I have the option to import local files stored in my phone. However, my girlfriend, who has a Nexus 5 can't, such option in her phone doesn't exist! She also has ...

• Hey guys,   I have a 1st generation Moto G and Spotify premium account. In my Spotify App I have the option to import local files stored in my phone. However, my girlfriend, who has a Nex...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    Nexus 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Save to Library" broken

Hi all! Pressing the "Save to Library"-Plus (+) displayed on the left side beneath the album cover only works sporadically, that is, I need to swipe forth and back between two or three songs until the Android Spotify App finally registers that I've p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all!   Pressing the "Save to Library"-Plus (+) displayed on the left side beneath the album cover only works sporadically, that is, I need to swipe forth and back between two or three songs...
  • aybesea69
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Issues playing music

So as listening to my music and an ad came up so I didn't mind. Well when this ad played 4x I turned off the app. Well now that I went back into the app and try to play music the ad is still there, and it won't let me play anything!

• Regular
  • So as listening to my music and an ad came up so I didn't mind. Well when this ad played 4x I turned off the app. Well now that I went back into the app and try to play music the ad is still there, a...
  • hayesd19-us
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cant download for offline and am premium

Hey guys who do i contact if im premium and cant download for offline? Account is set up in oz but am currently in hawaii..

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys who do i contact if im premium and cant download for offline? Account is set up in oz but am currently in hawaii..
  • tjones17
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Share to messenger

I've been having difficulties with sharing to facebook messenger, whenever I choose a track, click share and pick messenger and send it to a friend, it just keeps on loading it and in about 10-30 minutes says the messange was not sent, I've tried rei...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having difficulties with sharing to facebook messenger, whenever I choose a track, click share and pick messenger and send it to a friend, it just keeps on loading it and in about 10-30 min...
  • Poukz
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes