Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sounds like scratched CD over Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Pi (9)EarbudsTaotronics Pallas models (one old and one new), Taotronics Sappho modelVersion of Spotify8.5.36.747, Play Store says it is up to date My Question or IssueSince ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Pi (9) Earbuds Taotronics Pallas models (one old and one new), Taotronics Sappho model Version of Spotify...
  • MihailY
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution using cell phone as remote

Spotify Connect works from my desktop computer allowing me to choose different speakers, including my smart phone. I had this capability on my smart phone but now it does not function. Using the smart phone, no other speaker is listed. have re-instal...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Connect works from my desktop computer allowing me to choose different speakers, including my smart phone.  I had this capability on my smart phone but now it does not function.  Us...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Developer] The new progress bar in pull down widget does not look right

To start: I am a UI developer, I am not trying to be inappropriate, I am just genuinely bothered by this design choice. A few weeks ago I started noticing a change in the pull down bar Spotify widget on my Android phone. When the song is playing, the...

• Casual Listener
  • To start: I am a UI developer, I am not trying to be inappropriate, I am just genuinely bothered by this design choice.   A few weeks ago I started noticing a change in the pull down bar Spoti...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution mobile app goes dark

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device Samsung(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue My app goes dark whenever I press to play a song. It does not malfunction on desktop.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue&n...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problemas en la reproducción de música

Activo la aplicación desde mi cel android, y se corta la reproducción sin que se apague el cel. Se interrumpe de manera aleatoria.Antes no me sucedía. Celular funciona correctamente, tanto con Wifi como con 4G

• Casual Listener
  • Activo la aplicación desde mi cel android, y se corta la reproducción sin que se apague el cel. Se interrumpe de manera aleatoria. Antes no me sucedía. Celular funciona correctamente, tanto con Wifi...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Album like Pink Floyd - The Wall - pauses between songs

PlanPremiumCountryDenmark DeviceGoogle Nest speakers and Chromecast Operating System My Question or IssueWhen playing on my One Plus Android phone I get to listen to the album as it is intended from the artist, that is with no pause between songs. Wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark  Device Google Nest speakers and Chromecast  Operating System     My Question or Issue When playing on my One Plus Android phone I get to li...
  • DragonDK
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't see play button or progress bar

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceRedmi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI'm having some problems with the interface. As you can see in the attached image, the play/pause button is a big white circle (I can only briefly see the ic...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I'm having some problems with the interface. As you can see in the attached image...
  • OscarDC
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Interface
    Play Button
    visible
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding a song to queue while it's playing often makes it start in the middle

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceMotorola moto g stylus My Question or IssueRecently when I add a song to queue while it's playing, it will start somewhere in the middle when it plays again. I add the songs to queue from the three dots in the to...

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device Motorola moto g stylus    My Question or Issue Recently when I add a song to queue while it's playing, it will start somewhere in t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Someone takes part on ... device"

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMoto G9 PowerOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueRecently every time I open the Spotify-App it says "/Someone/ is taking part on /some device/" ("Nadja is taking part on BeatPill+" --> Join Session?) (see att...

• Casual Listener
  • ...emove this feature. Could it be related to public WLAN?   Thanks!
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant unhide my songs

I accidentally hid a song that I want to listen to. I have gone to the settings and set it so that I can see the song. I can get to the button that says "Hidden" on that song, and the glowing symbol. Clickijg this option doesnt unhide the song. How d...

• I accidentally hid a song that I want to listen to. I have gone to the settings and set it so that I can see the song. I can get to the button that says "Hidden" on that song, and the glowing symbol....
  • Lyubka
  • 50 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 50 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] LIKE and HIDE buttons are REVERSED in Car Mode Player Screen

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 4aOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThere is a DESIGN BUG with the player buttons on the CAR MODE player screen. In BOTH the Non-Car Mode (Regular mode) and also in the drop-down notification panel player...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 4a Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue There is a DESIGN BUG with the player buttons on the CAR MODE player screen.   In BOT...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • car mode
    hide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone wont play music, cant see playlists, even after clean re-install

Im on spotify premium, an android phone, and signing in with facebook every time.ive tried on wifi and on mobile data, ive tried playing songs from my pc and setting them to "listen on another device" to my phone and that doesnt work.i cant see any a...

• Casual Listener
  • Im on spotify premium, an android phone, and signing in with facebook every time. ive tried on wifi and on mobile data, ive tried playing songs from my pc and setting them to "listen on another devi...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I completely remove a podcast from my home and recently played?

A couple days ago I clicked on those weird explicit podcasts and I can't seem to get it off my home screen.

• A couple days ago I clicked on those weird explicit podcasts and I can't seem to get it off my home screen.
  • t-vrc8_ybqouk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Problem with the latest versione of the app and Bluetooth

Hi,I have a problem with the latest app (the old app work like charm) for Android and the bluetooth of my car (Alfa Romeo Giulietta equipped with uConnect 6.5 live).The music don't start and if I start manualy it stop after a few secons. Also it don'...

• Hi, I have a problem with the latest app (the old app work like charm) for Android and the bluetooth of my car (Alfa Romeo Giulietta equipped with uConnect 6.5 live). The music don't start and if I...
  • Stayfrostymccoy
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • android 8.0
    New app don't work
    uconnect
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Equalizer not working

Hi!So basically when I go to settings on my phone (Xiaomi mi9) and I click on Equalizer feature, Spotify app window just moves to the side and nothing else happens. Is there any way i can access the equalizer besides using a 3rd party app?

• Hi! So basically when I go to settings on my phone (Xiaomi mi9) and I click on Equalizer feature, Spotify app window just moves to the side and nothing else happens. Is there any way i can access th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Equalizer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Audio quality drops after few seconds

I'am a spotify user for a while and got spotify premium recently.I set the audio quality to high for my downloads and downloaded some albums. When I start playing songs ,the audio quality drops dramatically after few seconds. In the beggining the qua...

• I'am a spotify user for a while and  got spotify premium recently. I set the audio quality to high for my downloads and downloaded some albums. When I start playing songs ,the audio quality dro...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't play Daft Punk on any of my Spotify apps

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States My Question or IssueFor months I haven't been able to play any daft punk songs on my spotify account. This problem carries over from my phone, to my laptop, and to my ps4. Whenever I try to play a song, it stops for a ...

• Plan Premium Country United States   My Question or Issue For months I haven't been able to play any daft punk songs on my spotify account. This problem carries over from my phone, to my l...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "No Network Connection Available" message in WiFi connected phone

My android phone (Samsung M02) has spotify premium account. Recently I noticed that spotify freezes and doesn't play songs. My phone is connected to wifi but still I have to wait for sometime tillmusic plays. I also tried reinstalling app but no luck...

• Gig Goer
  • My android phone (Samsung M02) has spotify premium account.  Recently I noticed that spotify freezes and doesn't play songs. My phone is connected to wifi but still I have to wait for sometime t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No Network Connection Available
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Download logo missing when viewing albums

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceSamsung A5Operating System(Android 8.0.0) My Question or IssueHi, after I have added songs to a playlist which is set to auto download all songs, the individual tracks do not show the green download logo when I view ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device Samsung A5 Operating System (Android 8.0.0)   My Question or Issue Hi, after I have added songs to a playlist which is set to auto down...
  • Math004
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes