Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card doesn't work in another device

I had a Motorola phone and I save my musics from Spotify in my SD and now I need my musics in another android device (samsung tab) but the Spotify doesn't recognizes the musics in SD card. What I should do? Sorry for my english.

• Casual Listener
  • I had a Motorola phone and I save my musics from Spotify in my SD and now I need my musics in another android device (samsung tab) but the Spotify doesn't recognizes the musics in SD card. What I sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i've been hacked!

Some Anonymous douche has hacked my account. Please let me know a phonenumber I can reach you at (Swedish).. I dont like this at all. Plus, a decent customer service instead of forums would be appreciated. Thanks.Stefan

• Some Anonymous douche has hacked my account. Please let me know a phonenumber I can reach you at (Swedish).. I dont like this at all. Plus, a decent customer service instead of forums would be apprec...
  • CUTTING
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I pay for Spotify but keeps giving me free

I've tried several times to log out and log back in to get my account to sync but its not working. What else can be done to get my account yo work properly?Sincerely,Shon Horace

• I've tried several times to log out and log back in to get my account to sync but its not working. What else can be done to get my account yo work properly? Sincerely, Shon Horace
  • CUTTING
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Find Network (Marshmallow 6.0.1)

Nexus 5XMarshmallow 6.0.1Whenever I go on mobile data, the app has a lot of trouble staying connected. I have a 4G LTE connection and 90% of the time Spotify can't play a track and says that it can't find a network. Meanwhile I can use other streamin...

• Casual Listener
  • Nexus 5X Marshmallow 6.0.1 Whenever I go on mobile data, the app has a lot of trouble staying connected. I have a 4G LTE connection and 90% of the time Spotify can't play a track and says that ...
  • RandallOfLegend
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung s5 not searching

Hi I've got Spotify premium & I'm unable to search for anything my account keeps advising me that I'm offline when I'm online. Tried restarting my phone even turn g it off for a longer period. Any ideas before I cancel & try elsewhere???

• Hi I've got Spotify premium & I'm unable to search for anything my account keeps advising me that I'm offline when I'm online. Tried restarting my phone even turn g it off for a longer period. An...
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download extreme quality

Hello I just purchased the paid version of spotify. I downloaded all my music into normal quality is there a way to switch all my current music into extreme quality or does everything have to be redownloaded. Thanks

• Hello I just purchased the paid version of spotify. I downloaded all my music into normal quality is there a way to switch all my current music into extreme quality or does everything have to be redo...
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is constantly deleting my offline tracks

Hello, I have a similar problem like this casehttps://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-is-constantly-deleting-my-offline-tracks/m-p/116500/highlight/true#M6925 Since I have a new SD Card the music I downloaded is constantly deleting itse...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a similar problem like this case https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-is-constantly-deleting-my-offline-tracks/m-p/116500/highlight/true#M6925   Since ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

sound stops randomly

hi all, for the past 4-5 weeks this started happenning on my android devices (firstly on my tablet, but later also on my phone): the music is playing fine, however after some random time when a new track starts, there is no sound, however the track k...

• Casual Listener
  • hi all,   for the past 4-5 weeks this started happenning on my android devices (firstly on my tablet, but later also on my phone):   the music is playing fine, however after some random...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks playing No sound

Premium subscriber.Playing tracks as normal. Suddenly no sound is coming from my device (Sony Xperia Z5). The tracks are playing but no sound appears from the phone.Tracks play from my laptop and other linked devices.(TV, wifes phone). All volume con...

• Regular
  • Premium subscriber. Playing tracks as normal. Suddenly no sound is coming from my device (Sony Xperia Z5). The tracks are playing but no sound appears from the phone. Tracks play from my laptop and...
  • GCS79
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not adding to my list from radio stations?

Songs are not adding to my list when I click add (+) while playing on a radio stream. They will add from everywhere else except on radio streams. The (+) turns into a check like it should, but it doesn't add to my list and it doesn't download like I ...

• Songs are not adding to my list when I click add (+) while playing on a radio stream. They will add from everywhere else except on radio streams. The (+) turns into a check like it should, but it doe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot search

Hello - often the search section of Spotify is overly sensitive. I will start typing and it will immediately close out. I try typing slower and the same happens. This leaves me unable to search for music and stuck with the same playlists. Can someone...

• Hello - often the search section of Spotify is overly sensitive. I will start typing and it will immediately close out. I try typing slower and the same happens. This leaves me unable to search for m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline mode unwanted

Spotify is keeps putting me I offline mode and don't let me play music. Som times I can listen to a full song sometime only half the songs and it's eery irritating.If I go in to setting and clicks on offline mode and then online mode directly it work...

• Spotify is keeps putting me I offline mode and don't let me play music. Som times I can listen to a full song sometime only half the songs and it's eery irritating. If I go in to setting and clicks ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Privacy mode

Hi How do i setup the spotify app on my android phone to never share any info to anybody? I try enable it but the next day i have to do it again... and again and again.... Getting sick of this.

• Hi   How do i setup the spotify app on my android phone to never share any info to anybody?   I try enable it but the next day i have to do it again... and again and again....   ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

browse button missing

It's a week now that the browse function has disappeared on all my android devices. Not funny.

• It's a week now that the browse function has disappeared on all my android devices. Not funny.
  • stasaniac
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

When i save a song it downloads to my phone

When i save a song or album to my library it is downloading to my phone. It is not set to play offline but when you open the artist it shows a green arrown by each song. This has caused me to have no memory on my phone. Can i save without it download...

• Casual Listener
  • When i save a song or album to my library it is downloading to my phone.  It is not set to play offline but when you open the artist it shows a green arrown by each song.  This has caused m...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after activating My Album

When I activate My Albums, Spotify stops playing and stops running.After restarting (double clic the Spotify Icon) again and activating My Album the same problem occurs.I uninstalled Spotify and installed it again. After this action it works again, b...

• When I activate My Albums, Spotify stops playing and stops running. After restarting (double clic the Spotify Icon) again and activating My Album the same problem occurs. I uninstalled Spotify and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads a few files and then stops

Edit: It seems that, having left the house this morning, that downloading works via the mobile network, and now that I'm in the office, it's happily downloading over our corporate wifi - seems that I've got a problem with my home internet connection ...

• Edit: It seems that, having left the house this morning, that downloading works via the mobile network, and now that I'm in the office, it's happily downloading over our corporate wifi - seems that I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music on sd card?

HeyI just bought Spotify premium and Downloaded some music. According to my Phone it saved the music on my sd card and not on the Device memory. After downloading some music it was 5GB for Spotify on my sd card but it said my Device memory is full to...

• Regular
  • Hey I just bought Spotify premium and Downloaded some music. According to my Phone it saved the music on my sd card and not on the Device memory. After downloading some music it was 5GB for Spotify ...
  • rpittaro
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Download error

Hello! So I have a Samsung A5 with a 5.0.2 Android version and I'm premium user. When I try to download songs to have them available offline in my cellphone there's this sign: However, when I check my cellphone storage it says that the device memory ...

12669315_10156702846440413_1135866557_o.jpg
  • Hello! So I have a Samsung A5 with a 5.0.2 Android version and I'm premium user. When I try to download songs to have them available offline in my cellphone there's this sign:    &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung gs3 first song plays fine, next is silent.

So I own a Sumsung gs3 and premium spotify. When I play a song through spotify it works totally fine, but after one song play (very rarly after two songs) the next song starts in the app like normal, it will track the duration of the song in real tim...

• So I own a Sumsung gs3 and premium spotify. When I play a song through spotify it works totally fine, but after one song play (very rarly after two songs) the next song starts in the app like normal,...
  • umai3620
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes