Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer help

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and the system equalizer stops working. I tried it with other apps like the one from samsung and Musixmatch and it works fine. With Spotify works in the first song, then it turns off, even when you enter and move th...

• I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and the system equalizer stops working. I tried it with other apps like the one from samsung and Musixmatch and it works fine. With Spotify works in the first song,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
    Equalizer issues
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow downloads - Tried everything

First of all, I'd like to say what I've tried so far:- Clear offline devices @ Spotify.com- Full clean install of Spotify- Change from Normal to High and Extreme- Tried another smartphone- Tried another connection, from other places- Use a proxy insi...

• Casual Listener
  • First of all, I'd like to say what I've tried so far: - Clear offline devices @ Spotify.com - Full clean install of Spotify - Change from Normal to High and Extreme - Tried another smartphone ...
  • llf_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
    slow
    slow sync
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify can't find my Mobile Phone

Hi, I have the problem that the spotify on my computer doesn't show my Samsung Galaxy S2. I can download all the normal songs that are from Spotify itself but my S2 does not import the songs that i added from my computer that i added to my Playlists ...

• Hi, I have the problem that the spotify on my computer doesn't show my Samsung Galaxy S2. I can download all the normal songs that are from Spotify itself but my S2 does not import the songs that i...
  • Eathan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My track gets skipped when I power off my screen

Sometimes when I'm listening to spotify, especially if the app is on screen when I power off the screen, the track I'm listening to switches to another song in the playlist at random.

• Music Fan
  • Sometimes when I'm listening to spotify, especially if the app is on screen when I power off the screen, the track I'm listening to switches to another song in the playlist at random.
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes

No Browse funktion

Sine this morning the app on my android tablet is missing the browse option!?

• Sine this morning the app on my android tablet is missing the browse option!?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Shows' now available - but only limited podcasts?

Now that 'Shows' are available in the app, where are all the podcasts? In Spotify I can only find a couple of the podcasts I subscribe to in Podkicker. Is there only a limited range avaialble in Spotify (UK)?

• Roadie
  • Now that 'Shows' are available in the app, where are all the podcasts? In Spotify I can only find a couple of the podcasts I subscribe to in Podkicker. Is there only a limited range avaialble in Spot...
  • p5f
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Marshmallow 6.0 - streaming cache stored on SD?

I realise there's a problem with getting downloaded tracks to store to the SD card, and I've read the other (long) thread on here about how to get it to work (on Motorola phones, at least). But to those who have got it working - are you finding that ...

• Roadie
  • I realise there's a problem with getting downloaded tracks to store to the SD card, and I've read the other (long) thread on here about how to get it to work (on Motorola phones, at least).   ...
  • voice_of_reason
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not supported country

I'm trying to install Spotify Music on an Android 5 phone in Latvia, but got "not supported country" message in Google Play Store. Can anyone help me with this?

• I'm trying to install Spotify Music on an Android 5 phone  in Latvia, but got "not supported country" message in Google Play Store. Can anyone help me with this?
  • CrazyDude
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I get rid of the retarted scroll bar for androi app

Half the time i go to click the options button for a song, it activates your oversensitive scroll bar. And instead of being able to add a song to a playlist like I intended, I get whipped half way down the screen. Then i got to scroll back up, look f...

• Casual Listener
  • Half the time i go to click the options button for a song, it activates your oversensitive scroll bar. And instead of being able to add a song to a playlist like I intended, I get whipped half way do...
  • Thisishayden
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Android App
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

ERROR :(

There is no storage space on the device . I get an error.

• There is no storage space on the device . I get an error.
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted upgrade message

All of a sudden, I keep getting a popup message to upgrade my account anytime I switch to a new screen. The thing is, I'm already a premium user. I tried to find a place to turn these off, but couldn't find one. Anyone else getting this?

• Gig Goer
  • All of a sudden, I keep getting a popup message to upgrade my account anytime I switch to a new screen. The thing is, I'm already a premium user. I tried to find a place to turn these off, but couldn...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

It seems a lot of folk running android 4.4.2+ have had trouble getting spotify to use an external SD card for its cache. I just bought a card for my android so I thought I'd give it a try and it worked! My mobile Samsung Galagy Note 3 - android 4.4.2...

• Community Legend
  • It seems a lot of folk running android 4.4.2+ have had trouble getting spotify to use an external SD card for its cache. I just bought a card for my android so I thought I'd give it a try and it work...
  • Sandy4
  • 46 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 25 likes

Solved!! Error: No Memrory found at start

Hi, i need some help When I start the application appears in the notification bar " memory did not found " and there is black screen. any idea that can happen? This began to give after the last update . My Phone LG G4 H815

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i need some help   When I start the application appears in the notification bar " memory did not found " and there is black screen. any idea that can happen? This began to give after ...
  • spagnone
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    memory
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

One track from one album won't download

The last track on Depression Cherry/Beach House won't download. I've had this album downloaded for quite a while, and the other day I noticed the last track was gone from the downloaded view of the album.Tried redownloading it, nothing. The song stil...

• Casual Listener
  • The last track on Depression Cherry/Beach House won't download. I've had this album downloaded for quite a while, and the other day I noticed the last track was gone from the downloaded view of the a...
  • b_spin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download error
    track problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music not downloaded anymore

I just open my spotify movil app and all the music i had downloaded to available offline wasnt there anymore BUT the memory o my device was full cause of the music this is the second time this happened to me im just a little bored of spotify movil ap...

• Casual Listener
  • I just open my spotify movil app and all the music i had downloaded to available offline wasnt there anymore BUT the memory o my device was full cause of the music this is the second time this happen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are videos not available on Android tablets?

No videos showing on Galaxy Tab 8.4 pro, no videos showing on Nexus 7, both running last Spotify update. Any clues?

• Casual Listener
  • No videos showing on Galaxy Tab 8.4 pro, no videos showing on Nexus 7, both running last Spotify update. Any clues?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I create a photo album

After wandering all ova Spit's DroidFone site I finally stumbled across a page that actually gave me permission to upload pix from my fones gallery. I proceeded to "choose file" and although I couldn't see my pix immagonna take Spit's word for it tha...

• Casual Listener
  •  After wandering all ova Spit's DroidFone site I finally stumbled across a page that actually gave me permission to upload pix from my fones gallery.  I proceeded to "choose file" and alth...
  • therealterrytol
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    create
    pictures
    Upload
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I make spotify mobile play music files I have on my phone.

I have an album or two downloaded onto my phone's micro SD card and one on or two song onto spotify itself. Is there anyway I can get spotify to play those? It can get annoying traveling back and forth between three different locations on my phone.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an album or two downloaded onto my phone's micro SD card and one on or two song onto spotify itself. Is there anyway I can get spotify to play those? It can get annoying traveling back and for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts down after 5 minutes

Hello, I have spotify premium. When i am playing songs from My Albums or so the spotify app shuts down. The app is doing this while i am connected to internet by 4G or Wifi. It is very frustrating because i need to start the app like about 10 to 20 t...

• Hello,    I have spotify premium. When i am playing songs from My Albums or so the spotify app shuts down. The app is doing this while i am connected to internet by 4G or Wifi. It is very...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast not working with android 5.1.1

My girlfriend has a moto g2 with android 5.0.2 and is able to see chromecast as a device. I have a moto g3 with android 5.1.1 and I can't see the chromecast device.both our spotifiy apps are at the same version (4.0.0.8.0.0).She is using the free ver...

• Casual Listener
  • My girlfriend has a moto g2 with android 5.0.2 and is able to see chromecast as a device.  I have a moto g3 with android 5.1.1 and I can't  see the chromecast device. both our spotifiy ap...
  • Steinhoefel1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes