Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on sd card?

HeyI just bought Spotify premium and Downloaded some music. According to my Phone it saved the music on my sd card and not on the Device memory. After downloading some music it was 5GB for Spotify on my sd card but it said my Device memory is full to...

• Regular
  • Hey I just bought Spotify premium and Downloaded some music. According to my Phone it saved the music on my sd card and not on the Device memory. After downloading some music it was 5GB for Spotify ...
  • rpittaro
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Download error

Hello! So I have a Samsung A5 with a 5.0.2 Android version and I'm premium user. When I try to download songs to have them available offline in my cellphone there's this sign: However, when I check my cellphone storage it says that the device memory ...

12669315_10156702846440413_1135866557_o.jpg
  • Hello! So I have a Samsung A5 with a 5.0.2 Android version and I'm premium user. When I try to download songs to have them available offline in my cellphone there's this sign:    &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung gs3 first song plays fine, next is silent.

So I own a Sumsung gs3 and premium spotify. When I play a song through spotify it works totally fine, but after one song play (very rarly after two songs) the next song starts in the app like normal, it will track the duration of the song in real tim...

• So I own a Sumsung gs3 and premium spotify. When I play a song through spotify it works totally fine, but after one song play (very rarly after two songs) the next song starts in the app like normal,...
  • umai3620
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing in personal spotify list

Dear users, I am using spotify premium, and made several personal playlists. the poblem is that the track continues, but there is no sound anymore. So I have to push the playbutton for continuing. I have already tried the next things: log in, log off...

• Dear users,   I am using spotify premium, and made several personal playlists. the poblem is that the track continues, but there is no sound anymore. So I have to push the playbutton for conti...
  • hitch-HIKE
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't even open

Every time I open Spotify since February it just loads a black screen then crashes. Please help.Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open Spotify since February it just loads a black screen then crashes. Please help. Thanks
  • ChantalSherman
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Have space to update but spotify keeps telling me I don't

I keep getting prompted to update spotify on my Android (alcatel one touch). It says only needs a little over 29 MB of space, However I have almost 300 MB and it still won't update. I went in and cleared out all cached data and unnecessary files and ...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting prompted to update spotify on my Android (alcatel one touch). It says only needs a little over 29 MB of space, However I have almost 300 MB and it still won't update. I went in and cle...
  • dragonorangel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Delete account

How Can Delete my account spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • How Can Delete my account spotify?
  • Ballerino298
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Maps & Spotify

Hello, For the past couple of months I've had an issue where when I try using Spotify on my phone to stream audio via bluetooth (on offline mode) the app keeps locking up my phone. In particular this originally started when I was trying to run Google...

• Hello,   For the past couple of months I've had an issue where when I try using Spotify on my phone to stream audio via bluetooth (on offline mode) the app keeps locking up my phone. In partic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Car
    freeze
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app not syncing local files

Hi there, I have a problem syncing local files from my computer with my Android app. I do have a premium account and I do understand how it should work: I have added some of my local files to a playlist, and then marked that playlist to be downloaded...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there,   I have a problem syncing local files from my computer with my Android app. I do have a premium account and I do understand how it should work: I have added some of my local files t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • local files
    syncing
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! No sound when playing

There is no sound when playing anything in Spotify on my android phone - whether the song has previously been downloaded or not. When online or offline. The phone does not have a problem with any other audio - and Spotify had previously worked on thi...

• Regular
  • There is no sound when playing anything in Spotify on my android phone - whether the song has previously been downloaded or not. When online or offline. The phone does not have a problem with any oth...
  • sskorpa
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect won't show WiFi connected devices

Another issue; I have 5(!) WiFi connected devices which can play music with my laptop, Android phone, stream movies however not with Spotify. It seems not to be able to recognize ANY of them? The only advice I can find on spotify.com is to get some g...

• Casual Listener
  • Another issue; I have 5(!) WiFi connected devices which can play music with my laptop, Android phone, stream movies however not with Spotify. It seems not to be able to recognize ANY of them? The onl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App kills itself after 2/3 songs

I'm getting more and more fed up with Spotify. Latest problem is that since about a month, after every two songs the app will just shut itself down. Have to restart it, REALLY annoying. Anyone has the same problem?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm getting more and more fed up with Spotify. Latest problem is that since about a month, after every two songs the app will just shut itself down. Have to restart it, REALLY annoying. Anyone has th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

CAN"T MANAGE MY MUSIC!

Here's the situation: I was logged into my account on my phone and suddenly it restarted itself. All apps were deleted. I download spotify again, sign into my account and it says i have no music whatsoever. But when i search my username, i can see al...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's the situation:   I was logged into my account on my phone and suddenly it restarted itself. All apps were deleted. I download spotify again, sign into my account and it says i have no m...
  • clyph10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer help

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and the system equalizer stops working. I tried it with other apps like the one from samsung and Musixmatch and it works fine. With Spotify works in the first song, then it turns off, even when you enter and move th...

• I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and the system equalizer stops working. I tried it with other apps like the one from samsung and Musixmatch and it works fine. With Spotify works in the first song,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
    Equalizer issues
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow downloads - Tried everything

First of all, I'd like to say what I've tried so far:- Clear offline devices @ Spotify.com- Full clean install of Spotify- Change from Normal to High and Extreme- Tried another smartphone- Tried another connection, from other places- Use a proxy insi...

• Casual Listener
  • First of all, I'd like to say what I've tried so far: - Clear offline devices @ Spotify.com - Full clean install of Spotify - Change from Normal to High and Extreme - Tried another smartphone ...
  • llf_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
    slow
    slow sync
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify can't find my Mobile Phone

Hi, I have the problem that the spotify on my computer doesn't show my Samsung Galaxy S2. I can download all the normal songs that are from Spotify itself but my S2 does not import the songs that i added from my computer that i added to my Playlists ...

• Hi, I have the problem that the spotify on my computer doesn't show my Samsung Galaxy S2. I can download all the normal songs that are from Spotify itself but my S2 does not import the songs that i...
  • Eathan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My track gets skipped when I power off my screen

Sometimes when I'm listening to spotify, especially if the app is on screen when I power off the screen, the track I'm listening to switches to another song in the playlist at random.

• Music Fan
  • Sometimes when I'm listening to spotify, especially if the app is on screen when I power off the screen, the track I'm listening to switches to another song in the playlist at random.
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes

No Browse funktion

Sine this morning the app on my android tablet is missing the browse option!?

• Sine this morning the app on my android tablet is missing the browse option!?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'Shows' now available - but only limited podcasts?

Now that 'Shows' are available in the app, where are all the podcasts? In Spotify I can only find a couple of the podcasts I subscribe to in Podkicker. Is there only a limited range avaialble in Spotify (UK)?

• Roadie
  • Now that 'Shows' are available in the app, where are all the podcasts? In Spotify I can only find a couple of the podcasts I subscribe to in Podkicker. Is there only a limited range avaialble in Spot...
  • p5f
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Marshmallow 6.0 - streaming cache stored on SD?

I realise there's a problem with getting downloaded tracks to store to the SD card, and I've read the other (long) thread on here about how to get it to work (on Motorola phones, at least). But to those who have got it working - are you finding that ...

• Roadie
  • I realise there's a problem with getting downloaded tracks to store to the SD card, and I've read the other (long) thread on here about how to get it to work (on Motorola phones, at least).   ...
  • voice_of_reason
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes