Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops and a voice tells the time

Hello everyone, Sometimes when I listen to music with a headphone, with cable and no fancy control buttons, the music stops for a moment and a voice tells me what time it is. I generally have Google assistant turned of and no app does something like ...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone,   Sometimes when I listen to music with a headphone, with cable and no fancy control buttons, the music stops for a moment and a voice tells me what time it is. I generally hav...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hide a Song feature should be moved

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueCan you please move the Hide a Song feature? Every time I go to add a song to my playlist, I accidentally hide the song. This is very frustrating as the Ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Google Pixel 3 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Can you please move the Hide a Song feature? Every time I go to add a song to m...
  • SoSoJuicy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Add a Song
    Android
    Feature
    Hide a Song
    Mobile
    Premium
    united states
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Pause, and STAY paused

Hello,Can you please fix Spotify's player to allow for it to stay on pause while the user skips songs? Right now, when I pause a song and skip to the next track, Spotify starts playing that next song. The problem is that if I want to cue up the next ...

• Hello, Can you please fix Spotify's player to allow for it to stay on pause while the user skips songs? Right now, when I pause a song and skip to the next track, Spotify starts playing that next so...
  • ScottL25
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution music not downloading

When choosing to download a playlist I just get a loading circle going around and the playlist never seems to download so I can play in an offline mode.

• Casual Listener
  • When choosing to download a playlist I just get a loading circle going around and the playlist never seems to download so I can play in an offline mode.
  • stuartsafc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download song supposed

Morning I buy70sen song download not supposed

• Visitor
  • Morning I buy70sen song download not supposed
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify app not loading albums

I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my android and its not functioning properly. I am living in the united states and I have switched to a new android phone. Spotify in my previous phone was fine but this one is not loading albums

• Casual Listener
  • I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my android and its not functioning properly. I am living in the united states and I have switched to a new android phone. Spotify in my previous phone was fin...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Mini

PlanMiniCountryVietnamDeviceSamsung galaxy A32My Question or Issuei have bought a mini for a week on 19th october, but when i started to download they said "device limit reached" although i just have had a phone and a laptop, but the mini plan was ju...

• Visitor
  • Plan Mini Country Vietnam Device Samsung galaxy A32 My Question or Issue i have bought a mini for a week on 19th october, but when i started to download they said "device limit reached" althou...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can play individual tracks, but if I click on an album, I get blank page

Running on Lenovo TAB 10 (Android). Spotify worked fine for years. Individual tracks play fine, but now if I click on an album, I just get a blank page where the track listing used to be. I have two identical tablets showing the same issue. Both tabl...

• Visitor
  • Running on Lenovo TAB 10 (Android). Spotify worked fine for years. Individual tracks play fine, but now if I click on an album, I just get a blank page where the track listing used to be. I have two ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution google cast refuses to play specific song

I noticed this morning when trying to cast to my nest display that it is struggling significantly to play specific songs. If I start the song elsewhere and cast to it, the cast screen will come up but the screen will remain blankIf I open spotify fro...

• Regular
  • I noticed this morning when trying to cast to my nest display that it is struggling significantly to play specific songs.   If I start the song elsewhere and cast to it, the cast screen will ...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume Slider no longer available

Is there a way to change the layout of the volume adjuster? Up until a few days ago I've been using the volume sliding layout on my phone when I connect to the Spotify on PS where I can slide the button from lowest to highest but after connecting my ...

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to change the layout of the volume adjuster? Up until a few days ago I've been using the volume sliding layout on my phone when I connect to the Spotify on PS where I can slide the but...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Removing a banned playlist from libary

Another user got their playlist banned and I can't remove it from my library after it no longer exists

• Visitor
  • Another user got their playlist banned and I can't remove it from my library after it no longer exists
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! next/previous song buttons in Google Maps are inactive

After one of the latest updates (8.7.72.546) I can only start playback from Google Maps navigation view, but next/previous song buttons are inactive (grayed out). I've checked this with one older (8.7.58.455) version found (I uninstalled current vers...

• Regular
  • After one of the latest updates (8.7.72.546) I can only start playback from Google Maps navigation view, but next/previous song buttons are inactive (grayed out).   I've checked this with one ...
  • lostechoes
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Joe Rogan Podcast download option is useless. Please fix.

Here yee here yee, Every time I download the Joe Rogan Podcast and I leave the sweet warmth of wifi, it is as if I hadn't downloaded the podcast at all and fails to play. I would like this addressed please. - your sweet lovePodcast listener

• Casual Listener
  • Here yee here yee,   Every time I download the Joe Rogan Podcast and I leave the sweet warmth of wifi, it is as if I hadn't downloaded the podcast at all and fails to play. I would like this a...
  • NitroDaGoat
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mal escrito el nombre de una cancion

Hay un error de escritura en una canción del artista Cancerbero, una canción tiene el nombre "Es Pico", cuando en verdad se llama "Es épico", ruego que lo arreglen, Gracias.

• Hay un error de escritura en una canción del artista Cancerbero, una canción tiene el nombre "Es Pico", cuando en verdad se llama "Es épico", ruego que lo arreglen, Gracias.
  • AlejaR
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Still Doesn't Work 2021

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Spotify "shuffle" still doesn't randomize the music. If I open a playlist of 1000 songs and hit shuffle repeatedly, it'll only switch between 5 or 6 songs. Thi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify "shuffle" still doesn't randomize the music. If I open a playlist of...
  • Chris_10
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 34 likes

Superuser Contribution My spotify got logged out and then showed that I dont have an account.

After my spotify randomly logged out, I put in my login details and it showed that my account does not exist that I have to sign up.Please bring my account back, I'vr been using it for years

• Visitor
  • After my spotify randomly logged out, I put in my login details and it showed that my account does not exist that I have to sign up. Please bring my account back, I'vr been using it for years
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle a large Playlist does not work

Plan: PremiumCountry: CH (Switzerland)Device: Pixel 6 ProOperating System: Android 13Spotify version: 8.7.74.443Playlist Time: 112h 29mShuffle mode: Random Shuffle (old) I've noticed for some time that the shuffle function no longer works.The same so...

• Plan: Premium Country: CH (Switzerland) Device: Pixel 6 Pro Operating System: Android 13 Spotify version: 8.7.74.443 Playlist Time: 112h 29m Shuffle mode: Random Shuffle (old)   I'v...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Shuffle Function
    Shuffle not working
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local files empty on android 13

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Pixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueHi Team & Community I have the "Local Files" switch on, a set of mp3 files on the device, but the application doesn't see them. The same files are seen by the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Google Pixel 5 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Hi Team & Community   I have the "Local Files" switch on, a set of mp3 ...
  • lemmsh
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing after messenger audio

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DevicePixel 6AOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueI have a pixel 6 A, Spotify crashes every time I record a messenger audio. I have tried to remove the battery saver, i have restarted device, removed spotify

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device Pixel 6A Operating System Android 13    My Question or Issue I have a pixel 6 A, Spotify crashes every time I record a messenger audio. ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes