Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crash on Galaxy S5 (Lollipop 5.0)

Hi guys, it's been a long time I'm trying to fix my spotify app. I tried everything I found on the internet and nothing worked.Every time I try to open the app after performing the sign in, it crashes, just like that ... Already formatted the phone a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, it's been a long time I'm trying to fix my spotify app. I tried everything I found on the internet and nothing worked. Every time I try to open the app after performing the sign in, it cras...
  • henriquekraemer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App will no longer play local files from playlist.

Hi, So, this used to work for me flawlessly, I have local music I'd save to my playlist and when I initially signed up for Spotify, my phone app would download the local files on my playlist and they would play. Now they just sit in my playlist grey'...

• Hi,   So, this used to work for me flawlessly, I have local music I'd save to my playlist and when I initially signed up for Spotify, my phone app would download the local files on my playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

luisviales

Como puedo desactivar la Premium

• Como puedo desactivar la Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to link my Facebook to my Android

I got this error before. I try to login with my facebook credentials today and am getting the invalid key hash. I forget how I fix this. Thanks

• Regular
  • I got this error before.  I try to login with my facebook credentials today and am getting the invalid key hash.  I forget how I fix this.   Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android offline quality

Noticed just now that spotify has removed the function for choosing offline sync quality on android.How does it work now, what quality are my songs synced on?As one of the people who use decent high fidelity gear its nice to know that songs are beein...

• Casual Listener
  • Noticed just now that spotify has removed the function for choosing offline sync quality on android. How does it work now, what quality are my songs synced on? As one of the people who use decent h...
  • kaikan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Choppy playback of downloaded music

So, I was helping a friend stain his patio the other day, and I was in a city that I don't have great reception in. No problem, I'll just listen to the music that's on my device, I thought... Turns out I was very wrong. The entire day, songs native t...

• Roadie
  • So, I was helping a friend stain his patio the other day, and I was in a city that I don't have great reception in. No problem, I'll just listen to the music that's on my device, I thought... Turns...
  • danielmsanchez
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Uninstalling Spotify, downloaded music and playlists.

I'm getting a lot of 'no connection available' messages. This has been happening throughout the day for the past week. Logging out and logging in seems to correct it but sure enough happens again.Anyway I want to try uninstalling, but will this remov...

• Visitor
  • I'm getting a lot of 'no connection available' messages. This has been happening throughout the day for the past week. Logging out and logging in seems to correct it but sure enough happens again. ...
  • Reflux_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App unresponsive, buggy, uses massive amount of mobile data even when data disabled

Every day when I open the app, it takes literally minutes to become responsive. Browsing through the preset stations usually - but not always - works fine, but going through my own music takes forever to load. For example, when I list all my artists,...

• Regular
  • Every day when I open the app, it takes literally minutes to become responsive. Browsing through the preset stations usually - but not always - works fine, but going through my own music takes foreve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Device connected to WiFi but Spotify not working

HiI have been a spotify premium user for 2 years andam currently running it on my galaxy s4. Over the past 2 months it has practically become unusable. Despite being connected to WiFi (everything else works) Spotify's search function just won't work ...

• Hi I have been a spotify premium user for 2 years andam currently running it on my galaxy s4. Over the past 2 months it has practically become unusable. Despite being connected to WiFi (everything...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto plays sound through phone speakers

Hey everyone, I got a new car with android auto. At first I've been really excited to use the Android Auto technologie. Everything is working pretty good, except Spotify. I am able to connect it to the car and I do see the in-car GUI for Spotify at m...

• Hey everyone,   I got a new car with android auto. At first I've been really excited to use the Android Auto technologie. Everything is working pretty good, except Spotify. I am able to connec...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
    android auto
    xperia z3 compact
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline playlists dissapeared

I had a playlist and a few albums downloaded so I can listen them without a connection. I updated spotify today and somehow all my downloaded songs are gone. I still have the playlist and albums in my music but they are not available offline anymore.

• I had a playlist and a few albums downloaded so I can listen them without a connection. I updated spotify today and somehow all my downloaded songs are gone. I still have the playlist and albums in m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random pausing

I keep having to turn the screen back on and push play again from it pausing a few times per hour....does anyone else have this problem?The song controls on my bluetooth headphones don't get the song to play again either and I know that's not the pro...

• Music Fan
  • I keep having to turn the screen back on and push play again from it pausing a few times per hour....does anyone else have this problem? The song controls on my bluetooth headphones don't get the so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    pausing
    Pausing playback
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Kit Kat lock screen controls disapear

When using android app on kit kat (stock rom) lock screen controls disapear. I didn't not detect a pattern yet. Does anyone have the same situation and find a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • When using android app on kit kat (stock rom) lock screen controls disapear. I didn't not detect a pattern yet. Does anyone have the same situation and find a solution?
  • mattruizstupi
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify crashes after update on Android

This morning after I updated Spotify on my Samsung S5, the app crashes on startup.At first I get e blackscreen and it crashes.Then it starts up and inform me on latest news, and then chrashes.After this I start up again, and gets a black screen and t...

• Regular
  • This morning after I updated Spotify on my Samsung S5, the app crashes on startup. At first I get e blackscreen and it crashes. Then it starts up and inform me on latest news, and then chrashes. A...
  • Chris_Cornell
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Redownloading music

I have a Samsung galaxy s5 with Spotify premium.For some reason every now and then I have to redownload my music and it's very annoying.I'm not sure if this is related to updates but is there a setting a need to tweak so this doesn't happen?

• I have a Samsung galaxy s5 with Spotify premium. For some reason every now and then I have to redownload my music and it's very annoying. I'm not sure if this is related to updates but is there a s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify running slowly on HTC One M7

Hi. When launching the app, it usually freezes for ~a minute, and then continues to respond slowly for a short while after, noteably when clicking on a side menu item for the first time, and playing a track for the first time. Is anyone else having t...

• Visitor
  • Hi.   When launching the app, it usually freezes for ~a minute, and then continues to respond slowly for a short while after, noteably when clicking on a side menu item for the first time, and...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Set default playlist

I have 4 playlists and prefer a particular one to auto-play whenever I access Spotify either on a device or in the car but that's not the case. It seems that the playlist that starts up is random. Is there a way to set a default playlist?

• Casual Listener
  • I have 4 playlists and prefer a particular one to auto-play whenever I access Spotify either on a device or in the car but that's not the case.  It seems that the playlist that starts up is rand...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify black screen at startup and exits

I have installed spotify for the 1st time on my samsung galaxy s5 and amdroid version 5.0. Signed up with my email (did not get any conf.email). Tried to start but only black screen and exits. I guess I gotta go back to youtube listening :(.

• I have installed spotify for the 1st time on my samsung galaxy s5 and amdroid version 5.0. Signed up with my email (did not get any conf.email). Tried to start but only black screen and exits. I gues...
  • Geonerd
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    startup
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes