Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify will NOT detect my WiFi

This is so frustrating, I don't know if you all are working on the program or not but I have NOT been able to use my Spotify application due to the fact that it will not detect my WiFi. It is not my WiFi's fault, all other applications detect it. It ...

• Music Fan
  • This is so frustrating, I don't know if you all are working on the program or not but I have NOT been able to use my Spotify application due to the fact that it will not detect my WiFi. It is not my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Show in Mobile Playlist

Okay: 1. I recently purchased an new album that is not on spotify. 2. I uploaded this album to Spotify on my latop, and it plays well there and is usable. 3. I went to play the album on my android phone and I can see the playlist which says it has th...

• Okay:   1. I recently purchased an new album that is not on spotify. 2. I uploaded this album to Spotify on my latop, and it plays well there and is usable. 3. I went to play the album o...
  • mike02x2
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Help
    local files
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

download music in an external usb drive (android)

how can i download the music in an external usb drive and play offline?thanks

• how can i download the music in an external usb drive and play offline? thanks  
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs stuttering with weird noise

This problem is driving me crazy, I could use some help When using Spotify on my Android Phone (LG G3) playback suffers random stuttering that sounds like digital noise (I don't know what to call it) for a brief moment, like if the file was corrupted...

• Regular
  • This problem is driving me crazy, I could use some help    When using Spotify on my Android Phone (LG G3) playback suffers random stuttering that sounds like digital noise (I do...
  • blaszergling
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Online in home wifi

hy guys, When I connect to the home wifi my premium account doesn't get any internet connection. does anyone know what I have to do? My brother has the same account on his phone but his is always able to connect. When I use the mobile data, the accou...

• hy guys,   When I connect to the home wifi my premium account doesn't get any internet connection. does anyone know what I have to do? My brother has the same account on his phone but his is a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I followed the instructions on how to store music to SD card, only its not storing. HELP!??

I've followed the instructions in the help section and I still can't get my offline music to store to SD card. Please advise.. I have MotoE on Verizon with 32 gig open SD card.

• I've followed the instructions in the help section and I still can't get my offline music to store to SD card. Please advise.. I have MotoE on Verizon with 32 gig open SD card.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Kitkat default Storage analyser treats cache on external SD card as Internal Storage

Hi, I know that Spotify saves offline music to my SD Card, using external file managers the cache is correctly detected in external SD, however the kitkat default storage analyser reports cache to be stored as internal file storage. I have tested thi...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I know that Spotify saves offline music to my SD Card, using external file managers the cache is correctly detected in external SD, however the kitkat default storage analyser reports cache to be...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! DSP Manager fails on certain artists (weird!)

Dear all I use Cyanogenmod 12 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. DSP manager never failed me yet, but now I am trying to listen to Arms and Sleepers - Swim and if I stream the audio, DSP manager works fine. But if I download the album and then play it, DSP...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all   I use Cyanogenmod 12 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. DSP manager never failed me yet, but now I am trying to listen to Arms and Sleepers - Swim and if I stream the audio, DSP manager w...
  • meanrat
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Spotify stuck at logging in screen.

It won't work for any account I try logging into. Even if I'm not connected to the internet or anything it still just stays stuck at logging in. I've tried:-clearing data/cache, force stopping and uninstalling, resetting my phone and then reinstallin...

• Casual Listener
  • It won't work for any account I try logging into. Even if I'm not connected to the internet or anything it still just stays stuck at logging in.   I've tried: -clearing data/cache, force stop...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed fine - no account

Had to change my broken s6. Replacement done has no details of my account or playlist so or previously played music. What do I do?

• Visitor
  • Had to change my broken s6. Replacement done has no details of my account or playlist so or previously played music. What do I do?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is constantly crashing when using other apps in parallel on Android

HelloIt's quite frustrating to use Spotify. When i have it running in the background and switch to Chrome, or really any other app, it happens very often, that Spotify crashes. With that, I mean, that music stops and I have to start it again.What can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello It's quite frustrating to use Spotify. When i have it running in the background and switch to Chrome, or really any other app, it happens very often, that Spotify crashes. With that, I mean,...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Local Files doesn't exist

Hello,I followed the instructions on how to find Local Files from my phone, and the playlist titled 'Local Files' does not appear at all.To reproduce the issue: click the menu button-->your music-->playlistsLook for 'Local Files'I have scanned all An...

• Hello, I followed the instructions on how to find Local Files from my phone, and the playlist titled 'Local Files' does not appear at all. To reproduce the issue: click the menu button-->you...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Howto: Recover your own playlist(s)

No, I want to know how to get Spotify on screen. There must be some correct way. I haven't lost any playlists, obvious from my Android, and what I was playing before I came on to the Community was Discover Weekly. All there.

• Casual Listener
  •   No, I want to know how to get Spotify on screen.  There must be some correct way.   I haven't lost any playlists, obvious from my Android, and what I was playing before I came on ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't go online if using wifi

Hey there, I got a premium account and I log in via facebook. I got a htc mini 2. My problem is that when I'm at home I can not go online while my wifi is turned on. I can go online when I use my mobile date though. Anyone has had the same problem an...

• Hey there, I got a premium account and I log in via facebook. I got a htc mini 2. My problem is that when I'm at home I can not go online while my wifi is turned on. I can go online when I use my mob...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access my account or play please help

Various issues. First told me had 2 acc. So got into the right one then said offline won't play and to reinstall. I did and not can't get in this time so try reset password says link not valid. Shows offline even when. Connected to WiFi. Can't find a...

• Visitor
  • Various issues. First told me had 2 acc. So got into the right one then said offline won't play and to reinstall. I did and not can't get in this time so try reset password says link not valid. Shows...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sperrbildschirm

Ich habe ständig den letzten Interpreten in meinem Sperrbildschirm. Spotify ist komplett beendet. Wie kann das abgestellt werden? ?

• Ich habe ständig den letzten Interpreten in meinem Sperrbildschirm. Spotify ist komplett beendet. Wie kann das abgestellt werden? ?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed fone - lost account

HiI dropped my new S6 fone and had to get a replacement. My replacement wont recognise that I have a premium account and so has none of my saved playlists or tunes. Any ideas what I need to do next?

• Visitor
  • Hi I dropped my new S6 fone and had to get a replacement.  My replacement wont recognise that I have a premium account and so has none of my saved playlists or tunes.  Any ideas what I nee...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Other] Android Auto polish

As a new user to Android Auto, I'm a bit disappointed with a few things the Spotify app is missing. I'm unable to see all of my playlists, only the top 10 or soI'm unable to see any track lists in a playlist to find a song (though Spotify on CarPlay ...

• As a new user to Android Auto, I'm a bit disappointed with a few things the Spotify app is missing.   I'm unable to see all of my playlists, only the top 10 or so I'm unable to see any track...
  • Nolegrl88
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Issue

Hello,I'm using Android Auto. Spotify works wonderfully, but I am having issues displaying all of my playlists. It only shows a preselected number. Is there anyway to rectify this? Mark H

• Hello, I'm using Android Auto. Spotify works wonderfully, but I am having issues displaying all of my playlists. It only shows a preselected number. Is there anyway to rectify this?   Mark H
  • Nolegrl88
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't pick songs on mobile app anymore

I just started using spotify last week. I also got the mobile app at the same time. I have a galaxy s2 epic 4g. Last night got on the app to listen to something after about a day of not being on and there were "changes." I can no longer pick a song o...

Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-52-51.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I just started using spotify last week. I also got the mobile app at the same time. I have a galaxy s2 epic 4g. Last night got on the app to listen to something after about a day of not being on and ...
  • nazishibraheem
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes