Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I am uninstalling spotify

I have read so many posts about this it makes me mad.I installed spotify today, and it hijacked my S5's lockscreen with a spotify Screensaver.I hate not having control of my phone you absolute wanders.

• I have read so many posts about this it makes me mad. I installed spotify today, and it hijacked my S5's lockscreen with a spotify Screensaver. I hate not having control of my phone you absolute wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chromecast

I dont see were to enable chromecast.  Could someone help?

• Regular
  • I dont see were to enable chromecast.  Could someone help?
  • nicholelynne
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Can you download music if you have premium

Can you download your music from Spotify if you have the premium to your Android music media player or can they be save to your SD card

• Can you download your music from Spotify if you have the premium to your Android music media player or can they be save to your SD card
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment

My card had zero balance and now I received an overdraft from the bank could you credit my 9.99 back

• My card had zero balance and now I received an overdraft from the bank could you credit my 9.99 back
  • ste_wilko
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! android and ipad

admin can please take this away, i found a way to make it done!   

• admin can please take this away, i found a way to make it done! 😃    
  • ste_wilko
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

External equalizers not working with Spotify

I'm using Spotify on a 2nd gen Motorola Moto LTE, Android version 5.0.2. I'm trying to get an external equalizer to work with Spotify, as the bundled one is close to worthless (as it doesn't allow setting the levels of the bands, just choosing betwee...

• I'm using Spotify on a 2nd gen Motorola Moto LTE, Android version 5.0.2. I'm trying to get an external equalizer to work with Spotify, as the bundled one is close to worthless (as it doesn't allow se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Equalizer
    Lollipop
    Motorola Moto 2nd gen
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S3 Spotify 3.3.0.988 Problem in bluetooth

Spotify version 3.3.0.988 for the bluetooth function to go to the next song, please update.

• Regular
  • Spotify version 3.3.0.988 for the bluetooth function to go to the next song, please update.
  • Mterre
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't Cancel my subscription. [Free Trial]

It says that I will be put on a free 7 day trial. HOWEVER, "Sprint Customers: Users accepting a trial will remain on Spotify Premium and will be billed up to $9.99/mo and may cancel at any time." I am a sprint customer. I DO NOT want to be charged. I...

• Regular
  • It says that I will be put on a free 7 day trial.  HOWEVER,  "Sprint Customers: Users accepting a trial will remain on Spotify Premium and will be billed up to $9.99/mo and may cancel at an...
  • flowers5203
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to have Spotify cache files to SD card on Moto G 2

hi everyone, even following the instructions, deleting cache than having loads more free space on my SD card I'm unable to have Spotify cache files on it.I use a Moto G 2.Anybody can help?

• hi everyone, even following the instructions, deleting cache than having loads more free space on my SD card I'm unable to have Spotify cache files on it. I use a Moto G 2. Anybody can help?
  • kkamil
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • cache sd card
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Wi-Fi problems

My Spotify app on my phone does not like using Wi-Fi, but enjoys using up my mobile data. Using spotify on my desktop with my Wi-Fi works fine. Can I have some help resolving this issue with the app on my phone? Thanks.

• Music Fan
  • My Spotify app on my phone does not like using Wi-Fi, but enjoys using up my mobile data. Using spotify on my desktop with my Wi-Fi works fine. Can I have some help resolving this issue with the app ...
  • Kokafones
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Art In Local Files Not showing during playback.....

So basically, i synched a few japanese songs from my PC client to my mobile client. Album Art images on my Desktop shows perfectly in spotify. When i show the menu option for this particular song, album art is clearly shown.. But...When i open the so...

Screenshot_2015-08-01-03-25-54.png Screenshot_2015-08-01-03-26-06.png
  • Visitor
  • So basically, i synched a few japanese songs from my PC client to my mobile client. Album Art images on my Desktop shows perfectly in spotify. When i show the menu option for this particular song, al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a connection error on wifi

Hi, I'm getting non-stop connection error on my HTC M8, I've already unistalled it 4 times. I have to redownload all my music EACH TIME. It's getting really anoying. It work until I connect on my laptop and then it's gone forever. Please do something...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm getting non-stop connection error on my HTC M8, I've already unistalled it 4 times. I have to redownload all my music EACH TIME. It's getting really anoying.    It work u...
  • mathieu452
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can see but not use controls on notification bar or lockscreen Android lollipop

I can see the controls (add, previous Song, pause, next Song) but when i press them, nothing happens.I'm using lollipop on a Asus zenfone 5.And just to clarify, i CAN see the controls, both in the lockscreen and the notification bar, but they don't w...

• Casual Listener
  • I can see the controls (add, previous Song, pause, next Song) but when i press them, nothing happens. I'm using lollipop on a Asus zenfone 5. And just to clarify, i CAN see the controls, both in th...
  • Matheus_P
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problems with SD Card After Reboot

Hi, I formatted my SD Card through my Xperia Z3 with Lollipop.I erased all data from Spotify, included the folder spotify.music.Installed the Spotify again with the SD Card connected and all worked fine.I did download from all my albuns, and verified...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I formatted my SD Card through my Xperia Z3 with Lollipop. I erased all data from Spotify, included the folder spotify.music. Installed the Spotify again with the SD Card connected and...
  • Esdras6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Tried upgrading to premium and get the following message

PAYMENT ERRORYou've reached the limit on active subscriptions per mobile number for SPOTIFYI had spotify premium before and I was in offline mode for 30 days so it reset me to free spotify. Now a cant get premium or pay for it or anything.PLEASE HELP

• Casual Listener
  • PAYMENT ERROR You've reached the limit on active subscriptions per mobile number for SPOTIFY I had spotify premium before and I was in offline mode for 30 days so it reset me to free spotify. N...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Entire albums, songs and artists has dissapered from my Spotify alone

Hello.I have no idea what has happened but several songs, albums and even artists has dissapered from my spotify account. I can't even search for them. But when I search for them on my friends accounts they exist. I've tried to log out and log in and...

• Hello. I have no idea what has happened but several songs, albums and even artists has dissapered from my spotify account. I can't even search for them. But when I search for them on my friends acco...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

download help

SO, long story short, I bought spotify premium, I downloaded a playlist with over 300 song on my phone so i could listen to them on my week long trip in canada. For some reason, the first night, gone, i have to be online or redownload them, problem i...

• SO, long story short, I bought spotify premium, I downloaded a playlist with over 300 song on my phone so i could listen to them on my week long trip in canada. For some reason, the first night, gone...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app not starting on my phone, help pls.

Hello! I'm having this huge problem, that stops me from listening to spotify.I'm starting my phone, open the application spotify and it wont start.The screen just turns out white, and keep that way. After like 20 seconds it says if I want to shut it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I'm having this huge problem, that stops me from listening to spotify. I'm starting my phone, open the application spotify and it wont start. The screen just turns out white, and kee...
  • churchlady
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems connecting to Spotify Samsung s6 edge

My phone will not connect to spotify, although I am connected to WiFi. Anyone else had this issue? I have deleted and redownloaded the app with no success. Any help is appreciated.Thanks!

• My phone will not connect to spotify, although I am connected to WiFi. Anyone else had this issue? I have deleted and redownloaded the app with no success. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connection issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes