Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Beta testing

I would love to get involved with the beta testing for Android. How can I do so?

• Gig Goer
  • I would love to get involved with the beta testing for Android. How can I do so?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Beta
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cancelling my preiumum

How do i can the free 30 day premimum as i no longer want it. Thanks.

• Regular
  • How do i can the free 30 day premimum as i no longer want it. Thanks.
  • beccawood
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell what is being downloaded?

Running the latest version of spotify on Android 5.0.1 with my Verizon Samsung galaxy s4. I should add this has been an issue for months, even before the 5.0 Android upgrade.I have nearly 2500 songs 'saved' with the blanket 'save' switch under the ap...

• Running the latest version of spotify on Android 5.0.1 with my Verizon Samsung galaxy s4. I should add this has been an issue for months, even before the 5.0 Android upgrade. I have nearly 2500 so...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Max Volume too low.

I have a Note 4. When you play a track, for a split second its high in volume then adjusts itself back down.Why does Spotify limit the volume like this?Is there anything I can do to adjust it? I've tried a number of volume increasing apps, they don't...

• Regular
  • I have a Note 4. When you play a track, for a split second its high in volume then adjusts itself back down. Why does Spotify limit the volume like this? Is there anything I can do to adjust it...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Volume Control
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on car radio with android - move cache/data to radio

Hello, I recently bought a new car radio running on Android (jelly bean to be precise), works like a charm and spotify runs good too.Theoretically I can also download offline playlists, only issue is that thios has to be done either with wifi... and ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I recently bought a new car radio running on Android (jelly bean to be precise), works like a charm and spotify runs good too. Theoretically I can also download offline playlists, on...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify downloaded from Amazon requires Amazon Appstore?

Hi everyone, like it says in the title, I downloaded Spotify through the amazon appstore. I recently uninstalled the appstore because I didn't feel comfortable with it always running in the background, and now Spotify throws me the mesage "It looks l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   like it says in the title, I downloaded Spotify through the amazon appstore. I recently uninstalled the appstore because I didn't feel comfortable with it always running in the ...
  • AndyKay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium - Nothing Plays Offline

have been using Spotify premium for quite a while now. I took a break last year for a bit and then restarted my subscription with a free trial offer. I do not know why I have not complained earlier but I have been having problems for at least 2 month...

• Regular
  • have been using Spotify premium for quite a while now. I took a break last year for a bit and then restarted my subscription with a free trial offer. I do not know why I have not complained earlier b...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline playlists unavailable
    Offline songs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android not fully synced with Windows

Hi, my Android shows I have 772 songs but on Windows its shows I have 769. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both phone and PC but I get the same problem. What is wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks very much

• Regular
  • Hi, my Android shows I have 772 songs but on Windows its shows I have 769.   I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both phone and PC but I get the same problem. What is wrong and how d...
  • jessy4paws
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

music stored to sd card

I brought a 64gb sd card for use with Spotify and have saved all my music to offline however Spotify keeps trying to re download all my saved albums and struggles to work during this process.

• I brought a 64gb sd card for use with Spotify and have saved all my music to offline however Spotify keeps trying to re download all my saved albums and struggles to work during this process.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help - Maximum playtime for connect

Hello, Is there a timeout set for playback via connect? I have a 100 track playlist set to repeat on a Tesco Hudl, I am using connect to playback via a music system. If I leave this playlist playing over night then by morning it has stopped. Does any...

• Regular
  • Hello,   Is there a timeout set for playback via connect? I have a 100 track playlist set to repeat on a Tesco Hudl, I am using connect to playback via a music system. If I leave this playlist...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Aspera R6 running 4.4.4 (what it came with)

ok, so i have purchased this new Aspera R6 and i am about done with trying to get it to write to SD card.. i have formatted SD card, done all the online "fixes" and nothing. everytime i open spotify is doesnt recognise my SD card or my partners.. ( i...

• Casual Listener
  • ok, so i have purchased this new Aspera R6 and i am about done with trying to get it to write to SD card.. i have formatted SD card, done all the online "fixes" and nothing. everytime i open spotify ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume while streaming

Hi everyone, i'm having some troubles while streaming, the volume of each song goes up and down, almost 5 or 6 times per song, and i'm getting crazy, this start like a week ago, i'm using a galaxy s6 edge, normal streaming quality, if anyone have the...

• Hi everyone, i'm having some troubles while streaming, the volume of each song goes up and down, almost 5 or 6 times per song, and i'm getting crazy, this start like a week ago, i'm using a galaxy s6...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify disconnecting bluetooth when a call comes in then reconnects immediately after.

I'm having a problem with my HTC ONE M8 running android 5.0.1 and I have spotify v. 2.7.0.883. Everytime I connect it with my car and start playing music via bluetooth and receive a call my bluetooth will disconnect and not allow me to take the call....

• Regular
  • I'm having a problem with my HTC ONE M8 running android 5.0.1 and I have spotify v. 2.7.0.883. Everytime I connect it with my car and start playing music via bluetooth and receive a call my bluetooth...
  • Tazzebbug94
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify deleted my offline songs because premium trial ended?

consider the scenario -use premium trial-trial ended-"oh my trial ended... no problem, i will renew it when i get to home! because i jsut love this spotiloveify ^^ "-spotify deletes all my offline songs because im a free user for a couple hours.-i re...

• Visitor
  • consider the scenario   -use premium trial -trial ended -"oh my trial ended... no problem, i will renew it when i get to home! because i jsut love this spotiloveify ^^ " -spotify deletes al...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Quality Decreases After a Phone Call

Anytime I'm listening to Spotify and I answer a phone call, I've noticed that when the music resumes after the call has ended it plays in a very poor and grainy quality, similar to a phone call on speakerphone. This problem then continues throughout ...

• Regular
  • Anytime I'm listening to Spotify and I answer a phone call, I've noticed that when the music resumes after the call has ended it plays in a very poor and grainy quality, similar to a phone call on sp...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New update

Hi @Daniel! When will the new update be available through google play store?

• Roadie
  • Hi @Daniel! When will the new update be available through google play store?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • New Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! every album plays in shuffle mode

Every time I play an album now it automatically changes the running order and I can't change it to play in the correct order. This happens with all albums.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I play an album now it automatically changes the running order and I can't change it to play in the correct order. This happens with all albums.
  • olliegrifter
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

setting up streaming quality

when I set up streaming quality on android app to "extreme", is the setting the same on my denon AVR than? On the AVR app I have no settings?

• Gig Goer
  • when I set up streaming quality on android app to "extreme", is  the setting the same on my denon AVR than? On the AVR app I have no settings?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some folders/playlists have disappeared or are out of order

A few weeks ago I was trying out the new support for folders in the WebPlayer. I had used the drag-n-drop function to move a couple of playlists to different folders when all of a sudden some of my folders and playlists disappeared. Accessing my acco...

• Regular
  • A few weeks ago I was trying out the new support for folders in the WebPlayer. I had used the drag-n-drop function to move a couple of playlists to different folders when all of a sudden some of my f...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes