Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S5 connection issue

Spotify works fine on the Samsung S5 when in WIFi but it says no connection when connected to 3G. Anyone with the same issue or a possible solution? Others phones work just fine but 2 samsung S5 just can't connect.Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify works fine on the Samsung S5 when in WIFi but it says no connection when connected to 3G. Anyone with the same issue or a possible solution? Others phones work just fine but 2 samsung S5 just...
  • mauriciolondoo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Random stuttering

OK so for the last few versions I've been getting a random stutter on mobile whether I'm using online or offline mode, tried fresh install of Android fresh install of Spotify, nothing seems to be helping, anyone else experiencing something similar kn...

• Casual Listener
  • OK so for the last few versions I've been getting a random stutter on mobile whether I'm using online or offline mode, tried fresh install of Android fresh install of Spotify, nothing seems to be hel...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

songs missing from album

Hi, I was trying to listen to an album - Dustwalker by Fen, which says it has 7 songs, but when I go to listen to it, there are only 4Any idea what I'm doing wrong?Thanks

• Hi, I was trying to listen to an album - Dustwalker by Fen, which says it has 7 songs, but when I go to listen to it, there are only 4 Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I search a song in my playlist?

Hi Guys, I got a heavy playlist with 9.950 songs (limit is 10.000 -.-) and I can't search in it for songs, albums or artists you can imagen how annoing this is. I got this problem since I updated the latest Spotify version, previously it worked with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys,   I got a heavy playlist with 9.950 songs (limit is 10.000 -.-) and I can't search in it for songs, albums or artists you can imagen how annoing this is. I got this problem since...
  • xWh1t3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting "Failed signing in spotify" error constantly

My phone CONSTANTLY gives me a notification at the bottom of the screen that says "Failed signing in spotify. User needs premium subscription." I both have a premium subscription and have the app signed into my account on the phone. Any guesses? It s...

• My phone CONSTANTLY gives me a notification at the bottom of the screen that says "Failed signing in spotify. User needs premium subscription." I both have a premium subscription and have the app sig...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No Local Files on Android?? Why would i use Spotify???

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 & none of my Local Files will transfer from my PC (at work) or my Mac (at home). They show up greyed if they are on a playlist, but that's it. They won't play at all on Spotify, but will play with my Android Music Player. I...

• Visitor
  •  I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 & none of my Local Files will transfer from my PC (at work) or my Mac (at home).  They show up greyed if they are on a playlist, but that's it.  They wo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists doesnt update anymore at cell phone

My playlists created in PC doesnt update more at cell phone, before works fine. S5 - Lollipop Thank you for any help

• Casual Listener
  • My playlists created in PC doesnt update more at cell phone, before works fine.   S5 - Lollipop   Thank you for any help
  • Ilm10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will Spotify eat up my data at all if I listen to songs offline?

I am joining the gym and am considering Spotify. I will need to be going almost every day and will be averaging about 2-3 hours per day using Spotify. I read the following statement from Spotify and had questions: "You can sync a maximum of 3,333 son...

• I am joining the gym and am considering Spotify.  I will need to be going almost every day and will be averaging about 2-3 hours per day using Spotify.   I read the following statement fr...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Deploying to Jordan; intend on using offline feature, but gone longer than 30 days

Hi All, The short and simple of the matter is this; I use Spotify Premium pretty much for all my music requirements. I used to have a lot of saved music, however I am a big fan of spotify and solely use that now. My question however is this; I'm depl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   The short and simple of the matter is this;  I use Spotify Premium pretty much for all my music requirements. I used to have a lot of saved music, however I am a big fan of ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not staying on

I'm finding that if I exit Spotify and re-enter, it doesn't remember my previous settings. Because of this, my music won't stay on "shuffle" when I start playing music again after taking a break. It's getting annoying to manually remember to press th...

• I'm finding that if I exit Spotify and re-enter, it doesn't remember my previous settings. Because of this, my music won't stay on "shuffle" when I start playing music again after taking a break. It'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

High frequency buzzing noises on Htc One S

Hey,I used to listen music with spotify on my HTC. But recently I have problems playing songs because there is a really annoying high frequency buzzing noise. It doesn't matter which song it is. I already reinstalled spotify and also changed the stre...

• Hey, I used to listen music with spotify on my HTC. But recently I have problems playing songs because there is a really annoying high frequency buzzing noise. It doesn't matter which song it is. I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I know I should just be quiet, but curiosity killed the cat!

I have the Spotify free version and I haven't heard any ads for a few days. Is that part of the issue they're having? I know I should just enjoy it but it's tripping me out.

• Casual Listener
  • I have the Spotify free version and I haven't heard any ads for a few days. Is that part of the issue they're having? I know I should just enjoy it but it's tripping me out.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

premium

Paying for premium but only have access to free,Second time this month it's happened, erased and redownloaded app no luck, and no response from spotify!!!

• Paying for premium but only have access to free, Second time this month it's happened, erased and redownloaded app no luck, and no response from spotify!!!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • upset
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

alphanumeric order in android version is different from order in desktop version

If I sort a playlist by song title on the desktop version, and I sort the same playlist by song title on the android version, the resulting order is not exactly the same on both. For example, it seems that special characters, like parentheses and the...

• Casual Listener
  • If I sort a playlist by song title on the desktop version, and I sort the same playlist by song title on the android version, the resulting order is not exactly the same on both. For example, it seem...
  • str876
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

TRUE shuffle play

I would like to know if there's a way of enabling TRUE shuffle play in Spotify. Whether it's on Android, Windows or Blackberry, if you enable random play, Spotify will ALWAYS play the most listened songs in your playlist, rather than selecting any ra...

• I would like to know if there's a way of enabling TRUE shuffle play in Spotify. Whether it's on Android, Windows or Blackberry, if you enable random play, Spotify will ALWAYS play the most liste...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless playback

The Allow Gapless Playback option is not saving on the Android app. Every time I re-open Spotify the setting is disabled.

• Visitor
  • The Allow Gapless Playback option is not saving on the Android app.   Every time I re-open Spotify the setting is disabled.
  • fromthe901
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect for Computers does not work properly with HTC One.

I have the latest versions of Spotify on my HTC One and my Dell laptop. However, if I switch from my laptop to my phone, it won't work again on my laptop - i.e. it won't switch back to the laptop. It says it is playing on the phone and when I go to t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the latest versions of Spotify on my HTC One and my Dell laptop.  However, if I switch from my laptop to my phone, it won't work again on my laptop - i.e. it won't switch back to the lapt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

customizing playlists

How do I customize a playlist and moves tracks around to play in the order I want them to play in?

• How do I customize a playlist and moves tracks around to play in the order I want them to play in?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to have a playlist available offline on one device and not a second?

Pretty much all in the title.I have a second andriod device I'd like to use to store offline playlists, however I would like to keep spotify on my main android device and laptop but without the offline playlists saved to the HDD.Just wondering if it'...

• Pretty much all in the title. I have a second andriod device I'd like to use to store offline playlists, however I would like to keep spotify on my main android device and laptop but without the off...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Premium Account get hacked

Hello, my Account was hacked by another user. What can i do against this?

• Hello,   my Account was hacked by another user. What can i do against this?  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes