Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear Album Art

When using Android Wear watch with Google Play it shows the album art. With Spotify it doesn't. Can you look at adding this please (and Chromecast) Thanks

• When using Android Wear watch with Google Play it shows the album art.   With Spotify it doesn't. Can you look at adding this please (and Chromecast)   Thanks
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Selecting songs

It has a shuffle play button but I want to select a song that I would like to listen to on my playlist and it's not letting me.

• Casual Listener
  • It has a shuffle play button but I want to select a song that I would like to listen to on my playlist and it's not letting me.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reporting full SD card when not - LG G3 (D855, 16GB)

Hi. Trying to save my music onto my new LG G3 (D855, 16GB) for offline use, but since the "Offline syncing has stopped" message has appeared, no further tracks are syncing. There is still 7GB left on my phone's internal storage and 14GB free on the S...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   Trying to save my music onto my new LG G3 (D855, 16GB) for offline use, but since the "Offline syncing has stopped" message has appeared, no further tracks are syncing. There is still ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Black screen on Huawei G700

I've got Spotify premium on my Huawei G700, and when I start Spotify, it shows a black screen. It used to work on it, and I don't know if there was an update when it started. Strangely, it does show the Spotify logo and name when I start the app, and...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got Spotify premium on my Huawei G700, and when I start Spotify, it shows a black screen. It used to work on it, and I don't know if there was an update when it started. Strangely, it does show ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What song was that?

I was playing Radio based on my play list on my Android and a great new song was playing, I had to run downstairs so I paused it and left the phone upstairs connected to bluetooth, when I came back upstairs Spotify wasn't running anymore. I really wa...

• I was playing Radio based on my play list on my Android and a great new song was playing, I had to run downstairs so I paused it and left the phone upstairs connected to bluetooth, when I came back u...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sleep timer

Spotify wakes me up in the morning but keeps me awake at night, why ??? because Spotify still doesn't have a Sleep timer.... The idea is simple, making it happen is simple as well but spotify only needs to add it in the menu. So please guys so many p...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify wakes me up in the morning but keeps me awake at night, why ??? because Spotify still doesn't have a Sleep timer....   The idea is simple, making it happen is simple as well but spot...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Cant see desktop device under phone app connect

I am unable to see desktop in my app to control music from phone. Phone app - Connect - says Connect lets you play and control Spotify on your devices. If another device becomes available, you can select it here. Desktop app says that it can see my S...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to see desktop in my app to control music from phone.     Phone app - Connect - says   Connect lets you play and control Spotify on your devices. If another devic...
  • spectrem12
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

sporty Connect dont find Android but Pc find Android

Hello, My problem is my Pc find my Handy in my network but under Sportifyconnect my Pc is not Displayed from the PC i can control the mobile LG, Denrie

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   My problem is my Pc find my Handy in my network but under Sportifyconnect my Pc is not Displayed from the PC i can control the mobile     LG, Denrie
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    sportifyConnect
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No offline sync possible

Hi all,Is there a problem with the android app? It is saying that offline sync is not possible cause there is not enough memory on my mobile but in fact there are more than 2GB available.Looking forward to your quick feedback, cause the situation is ...

• Regular
  • Hi all, Is there a problem with the android app? It is saying that offline sync is not possible cause there is not enough memory on my mobile but in fact there are more than 2GB available. Look...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

LG G3 / Honda Civic / No Metadata

Hey y'all - just upgraded from my HTC one to an LG G3, and lost the ability to see the metadata on the in-dash i-Mid screen. I've tried unpairing, rebooting, offline and online modes - nothings working. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

• Hey y'all - just upgraded from my HTC one to an LG G3, and lost the ability to see the metadata on the in-dash i-Mid screen. I've tried unpairing, rebooting, offline and online modes - nothings worki...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Civic
    G3
    Honda
    i-Mid
    LG
    metadata
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm getting so fed up now with constantly downloading my Playlist & spotify freezing on my andro

This is really winding me up now, I even tried to reinstall spotify and it never seems to get much further than downloading 68% of my music, if it does, it soon disappears again, trying to search or even play a song now takes ages, and my spotify jus...

• Regular
  • This is really winding me up now, I even tried to reinstall spotify and it never seems to get much further than downloading 68% of my music, if it does, it soon disappears again, trying to search or ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist problem

I own a htc one (m7) before the new UI update I was having a problem free experince with spotify. Since the updates I keep having to re-download my playlists at random times unexpectedly. Paying £5 a month for this serivce is poor

• Casual Listener
  • I own a htc one (m7) before the new UI update I was having a problem free experince with spotify.    Since the updates I keep having to re-download my playlists at random times unexpect...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Crashing when playing songs

Spotify sometimes works better than others on my phone, Usually i can get through about 1-2 songs, and then it just crashes. any ideas what i can do?Quick Edit I am using Samsung Galaxy S4 and have the latest version of spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify sometimes works better than others on my phone, Usually i can get through about 1-2 songs, and then it just crashes. any ideas what i can do? Quick Edit I am using Samsung Galaxy S4 and ha...
  • Deanieweanie
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloads getting deleted

I'm a premium user and I'm normally on offline mode unless I add more tracks. Today my entire Playlist of 405 tracks lost their downloaded status and I had to download again after I switched back to online mode for a few minutes to look at music. I l...

• I'm a premium user and I'm normally on offline mode unless I add more tracks. Today my entire Playlist of 405 tracks lost their downloaded status and I had to download again after I switched back to ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Deleted downloads
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can´t download

Hello. I have to add Spotify again and now I can`t download my playlist anymore? I am premium customer and I use anroid phone (Samsung). I want to listen my playlist offline mode also because there are many places where my Internet connection doesn´t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have to add Spotify again and now I can`t download my playlist anymore? I am premium customer and I use anroid phone (Samsung). I want to listen my playlist offline mode also because there a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

tracks showing in album view :/

hi all, this is something i find annoying - in album view the app often shows an album as downloaded when really it is just a single track think it would be good if there was option to only show full albums in this view? cheers dan

• Visitor
  • hi all,   this is something i find annoying - in album view the app often shows an album as downloaded when really it is just a single track 😞   think it would be good if there was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't get to my profile.

Every time I try to get to just my profile it says try again. I'm still able to listen to music I just can't look at my profile.

• Every time I try to get to just my profile it says try again. I'm still able to listen to music I just can't look at my profile.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify refuse to answer reasons for app permissions?

This issue was previously raised here, to no avail: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/App-Permissions-Remote-Number-and-Wi-Fi-Devices/m-p/807313#M29417 And here's how Android Central describes the other permission that I believe was added ...

• Roadie
  • This issue was previously raised here, to no avail: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/App-Permissions-Remote-Number-and-Wi-Fi-Devices/m-p/807313#M29417   And here's how Andro...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to undownload album?

I accidentaly downloaded a full Cher and I can't get rid of it? It's still there even though I hit undownload, it's taking up my memore and now I can't get any more music offline..... please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentaly downloaded a full Cher  and I can't get rid of it? It's still there even though I hit undownload, it's taking up my memore and now I can't get any more music offline..... please he...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify search not functioning

<->I have only just downloaded spotify on my Galaxy S4 and either cannot understand how to use the search function or it is not working. I have the latest version from the playstore, I have followed the guides to clear dta etc, turned phone off and b...

• Regular
  • <->I have only just downloaded spotify on my Galaxy S4 and either cannot understand how to use the search function or it is not working. I have the latest version from the playstore, I have fol...
  • AadmanZ
  • Music Fan
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes