Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hefty battery drain.

Not sure how battery drain is suppose to be, but playing music for 20 minutes should not drain the battery that much. Spotify also keeps on draining while note playing. Phone is a galaxy s2 running stable version of Slimkat/slimroms, 4.4.2.

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure how battery drain is suppose to be, but playing music for 20 minutes should not drain the battery that much. Spotify also keeps on draining while note playing.   Phone is a galaxy...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • battery drain
    galaxy s2
    slimkat
    slimroms
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Design bug

I know this is something so small and easily looked past, but it's slightly bothering me after noticing it! The downloaded icon (circled green arrow) is cut off ! Maybe it's just because my phones screen is bigger than most? (I have the note 3) Anyon...

Screenshot_2014-04-30-14-08-19.png
  • I know this is something so small and easily looked past, but it's slightly bothering me after noticing it! The downloaded icon (circled green arrow) is cut off ! Maybe it's just because my phones sc...
  • incepted
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notification menu

Hello,I think are interesting a notification menù for see all notification received, like the desktop app.Because if i want to see the old news i am unable to see that, and risult necessary to login on desktop app to see that.

• Roadie
  • Hello, I think are interesting a notification menù for see all notification received, like the desktop app. Because if i want to see the old news i am unable to see that, and risult necessary to lo...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect support on Android 2.1

I have an old Sony-Ericsson X10 Mini Pro that I thought I would connect to some existing active speakers and use as a Spotify Connect slave. The X10 Mini Pro is a Android 2.1, 320x240 pixels phone.I updated and reset the phone, downloaded Spotify fro...

• Music Fan
  • I have an old Sony-Ericsson X10 Mini Pro that I thought I would connect to some existing active speakers and use as a Spotify Connect slave. The X10 Mini Pro is a Android 2.1, 320x240 pixels phone. ...
  • phjalmarsson
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify mobile doesn't show everything from my collection

I was very happy when Spotify added the collection / artist / album view and even more so as it's also available on the mobile version. I've added most of my favourites to my collection in the desktop software. Now I want to sync part of it to my mob...

• Casual Listener
  • I was very happy when Spotify added the collection / artist / album view and even more so as it's also available on the mobile version.   I've added most of my favourites to my collection in...
  • duskwindforest
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't pause with CoPilot

I use Spotify when in my car to listen to music via bluetooth. Spotify won't pause or lower the volume when navigation is being spoken by CoPilot GPS. Other music apps that I use (Rocket Player, Poweramp) do. In fact, the spoken volume from CoPilot i...

• Regular
  • I use Spotify when in my car to listen to music via bluetooth. Spotify won't pause or lower the volume when navigation is being spoken by CoPilot GPS. Other music apps that I use (Rocket Player, Powe...
  • Darwa
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartband support for the Sony Xperia devices?

Any plans on supporting the wristband recently released for the Xperia devices? Well, most android phones can use it but it would be immensely helpful if spotify would work with it.

• Casual Listener
  • Any plans on supporting the wristband recently released for the Xperia devices? Well, most android phones can use it but it would be immensely helpful if spotify would work with it.
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Smartband
    Xperia
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

HTC audio only playing though the top speaker

When I play a Song using my HTC one the music only plays though the top speaker, and the volume seems the be quite low. When using head phones or a Bluetooth speaker it works great

• When I play a Song using my HTC one the music only plays though the top speaker, and the volume seems the be quite low. When using head phones or a Bluetooth speaker it works great
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android App
    audio quality
    device
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"2G/3G sync" will NOT let me download on 4G?

I just bought a subscription hoping I would be able to download my playlists on my phone... It won't let me do that at all?! My phone says enable 2G/3G syncing but I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I don't think I can do that... what the heck? can anyon...

• I just bought a subscription hoping I would be able to download my playlists on my phone... It won't let me do that at all?! My phone says enable 2G/3G syncing but I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me search

Please help: I cannot perform a search: I usually use the 'keyboard' on the hone. I have: cleared the cache uninstalled taken battery out reinstalled from playstore i could not remove, 'com.spotify.android.ui' as was unable to locate using phone as d...

Spotify.JPG
  • Casual Listener
  • Please help: I cannot perform a search:  I usually use the 'keyboard' on the hone. I have: cleared the cache uninstalled taken battery out reinstalled from playstore i could not re...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.9)

What's new in version 0.7.9 Fixed: Playback no longer halts for audio notifications. Fixed: Smoother switching between wifi and mobile data. Fixed: The lock screen is more trustworthy. Fictitious: This app is dating a rather attractive vending machin...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in version 0.7.9 Fixed: Playback no longer halts for audio notifications. Fixed: Smoother switching between wifi and mobile data. Fixed: The lock screen is more trustworthy. F...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Music

I want to playing my music

• Casual Listener
  • I want to playing my music
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops on max volume

The latest version of the Android client has an annoying bluetooth sound bug: Using bluetooth headphones or speakers when stopping the music gives a 300ms max volume shock. How to reproduce: Use bluetooth headphones Choose something from a playlist L...

• Regular
  • The latest version of the Android client has an annoying bluetooth sound bug:   Using bluetooth headphones or speakers when stopping the music gives a 300ms max volume shock.   How ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

android app not working

whenever i go on my spotifiy app all i see is a blank screen. i have been unable to open on my HTC desire C. how can i get spotify to work on my phone.

• Casual Listener
  • whenever i go on my spotifiy app all i see is a blank screen. i have been unable to open on my HTC desire C. how can i get spotify to work on my phone.
  • mush71
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Your Music > Songs > Available Offline

Hello. I think there should be a button for saving all of your songs for offline listening. I also think there should be a way to add a whole playlist into Songs. I used to use my star play list as what "Songs" is now used for and I would like to be ...

• Visitor
  • Hello. I think there should be a button for saving all of your songs for offline listening. I also think there should be a way to add a whole playlist into Songs. I used to use my star play list as w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Feedback
    idea
    redesign
    songs
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect is not finding denon device

Dear community, I am using Spotify on my Android tablet and I have got a denon sound system. Both are registered in my home wifi but Spotify Connect doesn't find it. I would very much appreciate any kind of help from you. Thanks in advance and nice w...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community, I am using Spotify on my Android tablet and I have got a denon sound system. Both are registered in my home wifi but Spotify Connect doesn't find it. I would very much appreciate any ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Yamaha RX-V500D don't show up as a device in spotify connect

Hi, I use a spotify premium account and the spitify app on a Samsung S4. My device Yamaha RX-V500D with the V1.05 firmware in the same WLAN-Network is not listet as a device to connect with. The Yamaha RX-V500D works will with v-radio and DLNA. I cha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use a spotify premium account and the spitify app on a Samsung S4. My device Yamaha RX-V500D with the V1.05 firmware in the same WLAN-Network is not listet as a device to connect w...
  • Hatschi
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant play Spotify on android

I have an galaxy mini, and I installed Spotify. Unfortunately it is impossible to play music. I cant find the play shuffle button. What to do?

• I have an galaxy mini, and I installed Spotify. Unfortunately it is impossible to play music. I cant find the play shuffle button. What to do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

search not working in android app

Any suggestions? Have reinstalled.

• Regular
  • Any suggestions? Have reinstalled.
  • sedmi
  • Casual Listener