Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files wont sync

So for almost a year now even after this new update that was supposed to make everything work better I still cannot sync my local files to my phone without using the work around of making a seperate playlist. When I first had the issue I was in conta...

• Casual Listener
  • So for almost a year now even after this new update that was supposed to make everything work better I still cannot sync my local files to my phone without using the work around of making a seperate ...
  • BatmanHG
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio basso usando Monster Beats Studio nel mio Samasung Galaxy s4

Utilizzando spotify con le mie Monster Beats Studio sul mio Samsung Galaxy s4 l'audio è bassissimo :(. Ho provato e riprovato ma nn c'è versi di riuscire sul mio smartphone ad utilizzare a pieno la potenza delle mie cuffie. Specifico che le cuffie so...

• Casual Listener
  • Utilizzando spotify con le mie Monster Beats Studio sul mio Samsung Galaxy s4 l'audio è bassissimo :(. Ho provato e riprovato ma nn c'è versi di riuscire sul mio smartphone ad utilizzare a pieno la p...
  • ilsolitofede
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Issues

We have one spotify account that we use on several devices. several PC's 2 phones and a nexus 7. Since the spotify connect feature was released we noticed that its connecting our phones and trying to control the other phone when we are NOT connected ...

• Music Fan
  • We have one spotify account that we use on several devices.  several PC's 2 phones and a nexus 7.  Since the spotify connect feature was released we noticed that its connecting our phones a...
  • kandlclark
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

0.7.9 Bug/Error

I clicked the new filter icon, and the option appeared in the correct place for a second, but then it jumps to the corner...

Screenshot_2014-04-11-00-16-59.png
  • Community Legend
  • I clicked the new filter icon, and the option appeared in the correct place for a second, but then it jumps to the corner...  
  • VLEX26
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic Mass Download at Startup - No Pause/Stop Option?

I originally loved being able to download anything I starred for offline listening, then I realized after I spend more time with Spotify on my desktop, every time I use it on my phone it nearly cripples my phone because it wants to download all 40+ s...

• Casual Listener
  • I originally loved being able to download anything I starred for offline listening, then I realized after I spend more time with Spotify on my desktop, every time I use it on my phone it nearly cripp...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't put spotify on my sony ericsson xperia

When I try to install spotify on my sony ericsson xperia SK171, google play opens a window that has a drop box that says 'No eligible devices for app install'. I have spotify premium, yet I can't get spotify onto my phone. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to install spotify on my sony ericsson xperia SK171, google play opens a window that has a drop box that says 'No eligible devices for app install'. I have spotify premium, yet I can't get...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.8.566)

What's new in version 0.7.8.566 New: Follow people from your Profile. Tap the friends icon to find people, and discover what they’re listening to. You can also see what they’re listening to in your Discover view. New: Long press to delete previously ...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in version 0.7.8.566 New: Follow people from your Profile. Tap the friends icon to find people, and discover what they’re listening to. You can also see what they’re listening to in...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to download "your music" ?

Hi, I use the new "your collection" feature (instead of starred). Is there no option to download that songs onto my phone? Greetings, fratzi

• Regular
  • Hi,   I use the new "your collection" feature (instead of starred). Is there no option to download that songs onto my phone?   Greetings, fratzi
  • ThaSnapDragon
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't log in while in offline mode... DUH!

My app crashed while in offline mode and after resetting, it won't let me log back in while I'm in offline mode. But I can't disable offline mode until get back into the app, which it won't let me do until I disable offline mode... stupid and annoyin...

• Gig Goer
  • My app crashed while in offline mode and after resetting, it won't let me log back in while I'm in offline mode. But I can't disable offline mode until get back into the app, which it won't let me do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.3)

Android Release Notes What's new in version 0.7.3 New: Say hello to Spotify Connect. Listen to music on your Connect-enabled speakers, and use your mobile to control the music. Fixed: Lots of bugs and nasty things. Known issues: Images do not load pr...

• Spotify Legend
  • Android Release Notes What's new in version 0.7.3 New: Say hello to Spotify Connect. Listen to music on your Connect-enabled speakers, and use your mobile to control the music. Fixed: Lo...
  • robilamm61
  • Roadie
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy s4 Volume problem

Hey, 1 week ago I switched from the Galaxy S2 to the S4. I was always happy with Spotify on PC + S2, so I thought I would be on S4. The volume difference between Spotify on S2 and S4 is big. Its just too LOW on the S4, but sometimes (1/10 of times) t...

• Regular
  • Hey,   1 week ago I switched from the Galaxy S2 to the S4. I was always happy with Spotify on PC + S2, so I thought I would be on S4. The volume difference between Spotify on S2 and S4 is ...
  • dennis199
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

My login username and password keeps coming up as unable to log in

I e-mailed the support team yesterday about being charged the 9.99 even though i am on the student account plan for preimum now. I pay for mine and my brothers spotify account. When they responded back saying they would take care of it my spotify imm...

• I e-mailed the support team yesterday about being charged the 9.99 even though i am on the student account plan for preimum now. I pay for mine and my brothers spotify account. When they responded ba...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify logged into my deactivated facebook account and reactivated it.

I purposely deactivated my facebook account many years ago, and spotify reactivated it by logging in without my permission or knowledge. I'm assuming this is because my facebook and spotify share the same email address/password, but I don't believe t...

• I purposely deactivated my facebook account many years ago, and spotify reactivated it by logging in without my permission or knowledge.    I'm assuming this is because my facebook and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching to Samsung S4 - does this change my account?

Hi guys, I currently have an account on spotify (spotify unlimited) and am very happy with the music on it. However, i am changing phones to a Samsung S4 where i get premium spotify in the deal so have taken this offer. In order to accept it with vod...

• Hi guys,    I currently have an account on spotify (spotify unlimited) and am very happy with the music on it.  However, i am changing phones to a Samsung S4 where i get premium sp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No playlists on new phone

I got a new phone (samsung with android) and downloaded Spotify but my playlists are not downloaded. On my old phone (htc with windows) they were just there and I didn't need to do anything. Is there anything that needs to be done in order to get the...

• I got a new phone (samsung with android) and downloaded Spotify but my playlists are not downloaded. On my old phone (htc with windows) they were just there and I didn't need to do anything. Is the...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

It's saying I'm not a premium user when I pay for my service

I've had premium spotify for about 2 years and now it won't let me use my premium features

• Casual Listener
  • I've had premium spotify for about 2 years and now it won't let me use my premium features
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist info not showing on car radio

Any way to get the playlist info to show up on my car radio. It shows up for my kids iPods, but not for my Galaxy S3.

• Casual Listener
  • Any way to get the playlist info to show up on my car radio. It shows up for my kids iPods, but not for my Galaxy S3.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded playlists not actually downloaded

Hi! I have a premium account with my Galaxy S4 kit kat. I have several playlists that I want to listen offline. I have downloaded them, but after a while (as soon as I lose connection) I can't have access to the playlists as they are actually not dow...

• Regular
  • Hi! I have a premium account with my Galaxy S4 kit kat. I have several playlists that I want to listen offline. I have downloaded them, but after a while (as soon as I lose connection) I can't ha...
  • liuk78
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded Playlists Keep Getting Wiped

Have an LG myTouch with Spotify Premium. Able to download and sync playlists fine. However, seemingly at random, my downloaded playlists seem to disappear - then I have to resynch all over again. Anyone have any ideas why this happens? Not related to...

• Regular
  • Have an LG myTouch with Spotify Premium. Able to download and sync playlists fine. However, seemingly at random, my downloaded playlists seem to disappear - then I have to resynch all over again....
  • jdb17565
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't download Spotify app

Hi Ive been using the free version of Spotify across various devices and want to sign up for Permium but wont do so until i can get this sorted. On my computer - it works perfectly On my iPad - perfect On my Samsung Galaxy S3 - apparently im in the w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Ive been using the free version of Spotify across various devices and want to sign up for Permium but wont do so until i can get this sorted. On my computer - it works perfectly On ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes