Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

missing some music in playlist

Hey, i created a playlist at my pc. Than i synchronized it with my tablet. So long so got, everything is ok. But today i noticed that some songs are missing. The main menu shows me that there are 9 songs at my playlist but in real there are only 6. W...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   i created a playlist at my pc. Than i synchronized it with my tablet. So long so got, everything is ok. But today i noticed that some songs are missing. The main menu shows me t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

premium account not recognized on phone

Recently had a payment issue when changing cards from Target compromise. Finally stopped getting bugged about my payment encoutnering a bank account error on PC version. My phone still shows I have a fre verison though. Tried this thread http://commu...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently had a payment issue when changing cards from Target compromise. Finally stopped getting bugged about my payment encoutnering a bank account error on PC version. My phone still shows I have a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i cannot play my downloaded playlist

Hi all,Maybe this problem is common and there's already an answer to my question. However, I can't find the solution to my problem anywhere.So I have samsung galaxy s3. I downloaded my playlist so i can listen to it offline. Everythings works fine bu...

• Hi all, Maybe this problem is common and there's already an answer to my question. However, I can't find the solution to my problem anywhere. So I have samsung galaxy s3. I downloaded my playli...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I can't listening songs on spotify

I installed spotify on my android smartphone 2 days ago. When I have to search a song,the song is grey and I can't listen them. This happens only on my smartphone because I have also on my tablet and it works. How can i do?

• Casual Listener
  • I installed spotify on my android smartphone 2 days ago. When I have to search a song,the song is grey and I can't listen them. This happens only on my smartphone because I have also on my tablet and...
  • MaruoWolf
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hi, got spotify on android and when I search I do not get suggestions for playlists. HELP!

Searching only shows artists, albums and a big list of songs. On iOS you do get a suggestion of playlists (which I happen to use a lot). Thanks

• Searching only shows artists, albums and a big list of songs. On iOS you do get a suggestion of playlists (which I happen to use a lot). Thanks
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wrong song title in lockscreen

Every so often, when I skip songs, the lockscreen controls "gets stuck" on the first song I was listening to. This happened after applying the 7.4 update. Please, take a look. Nexus 4 Android 4.4 (non root) Spotify version: 0.7.4 - 0.7.5

• Gig Goer
  • Every so often, when I skip songs, the lockscreen controls "gets stuck" on the first song I was listening to. This happened after applying the 7.4 update. Please, take a look.   Nexus 4 ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth from Spotify on my Android LG G2 to Alpine UTE 72BT not working.

I have an Alpine UTE 72BT and have trouble playing audio over Bluetooth from Spotify on my Android LG G2. I have chosen media sound to be played via BT and I can see that the track is played in Spotify on the mobile but I'm not getting any audio in t...

• I have an Alpine UTE 72BT and have trouble playing audio over Bluetooth from Spotify on my Android LG G2. I have chosen media sound to be played via BT and I can see that the track is played in Spoti...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Alpine UTE 72BT
    bluetooth
    LG G2
    streaming
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

High data traffic registered "in the background" even though not using Spotify

Hi! Today I discovered that 731 megabytes of data have been used in the background (whatever that supposed to mean) in one day. Since december 31 until today, the 7th of januari, I have consumed 758 mb of data. 26,80 mb listening and the rest have be...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!    Today I discovered that 731 megabytes of data have been used in the background (whatever that supposed to mean) in one day.  Since december 31 until today, the 7th of janu...
  • fede_kida
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Connect never works when I try to run the app.

I get the app installed just fine, but when I go to log in with my facbook credentials, I ALWAYS get that stupid "Web page not available" screen. My nets works just fine AND I am connected to my WiFi so there is no reason that this should happen ever...

• Casual Listener
  • I get the app installed just fine, but when I go to log in with my facbook credentials, I ALWAYS get that stupid "Web page not available" screen.  My nets works just fine AND I am connected to m...
  • AmyMarie
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 4.4 kitkat lockscreen hold pause to activate "seeking"

With kitkat Google Music now have "seeking" from lockscreen by holding down pause button, is this possible for spotify with update? Check out the link below. http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/05/kitkat-feature-spotlight-full-screen-album-and-movie...

• Casual Listener
  • With kitkat Google Music now have "seeking" from lockscreen by holding down pause button, is this possible for spotify with update? Check out the link below.   http://www.androidpolice....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! External storage path problem

I have an Samsung S4 and 64gb sandisk on it. Although I dont know if SD card is damaged or not, I simply want to sync to local storage. But the problem is that there is no such option. I synced my playlists several times and suddenly it stops saying ...

• I have an Samsung S4 and 64gb sandisk on it. Although I dont know if SD card is damaged or not, I simply want to sync to local storage. But the problem is that there is no such option. I synced ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Offline sync has failed as there is no space left on this device" Fresh out of the box Nexus 4.

Description Wont sync off line play, tells me there is no space even tho it is completely fresh just from the factory. A more detailed description, using numbered steps Open spotify, click download playlist downloads 3 songs and then tells me there i...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Wont sync off line play, tells me there is no space even tho it is completely fresh just from the factory.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps Open spotify, ...
  • MrOrange
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transferring music from PC to Android without downloading

Hi. i have been using spotify premium on my Samsung Galaxy Note and have been loving it. my downloaded playlist has reached about 7GB. this 7GB of music is stored on both my PC and my Samsung Galaxy note. i however, just got a new Samsung Galaxy note...

• Hi.  i have been using spotify premium on my Samsung Galaxy Note and have been loving it. my downloaded playlist has reached about 7GB. this 7GB of music is stored on both my PC and my Samsung...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Free music not on android?

Why do you say its Free to listen to music via the app. When it isn't... So your point is, buy an expensive **bleep**ty phone = get Free music. That a bad advertisement, noone wants to buy an iphone just for free music.

• Visitor
  • Why do you say its Free to listen to music via the app. When it isn't... So your point is, buy an expensive **bleep**ty phone = get Free music. That a bad advertisement, noone wants to buy an ip...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play local mp3 on desktop computer in Spotify Free on Android device

Hi all, this is my first post. I've a big peoblem; I can't listen my mp3 on my android device with Spotify Free. I followed these steps to sync my local files: 1) I connected smartphone and computer to the same wireless network 2) Created a new playl...

• Regular
  • Hi all, this is my first post. I've a big peoblem; I can't listen my mp3 on my android device with Spotify Free. I followed these steps to sync my local files:   1) I connected smartpho...
  • A___R
  • Regular
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Weird noise between songs and at the end of albums. (Verizon Galaxy Nexus)

This has been happening a lot to me lately, where between tracks or at the end of an album this really loud and rather weird noise (that I can best describe as something you might hear Michael Bay's Transformers make) happens for a solid 5 seconds. I...

• Regular
  • This has been happening a lot to me lately, where between tracks or at the end of an album this really loud and rather weird noise (that I can best describe as something you might hear Michael Bay's ...
  • Swagyolofag88
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes

Annoying cracking noise on pause

Samsung GS3 stock 4.3. When equalizer is on there is a loud cracking noise every time i pause/skip track/stop. When equalizer is off there is no such problem. The problem is present with or without headphones.

• Casual Listener
  • Samsung GS3 stock 4.3. When equalizer is on there is a loud cracking noise every time i pause/skip track/stop. When equalizer is off there is no such problem. The problem is present with or without...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Controller for Android

I am a bit of a hif nut. I use a media pc connected to my hifi as my main audio source. I use foobar as playback software on the pc and it is controlled from my phone using foobarcon pro.I would quite like to give spotify another try and was wonderin...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a bit of a hif nut. I use a media pc connected to my hifi as my main audio source. I use foobar as playback software on the pc and it is controlled from my phone using foobarcon pro. I would ...
  • neradi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Download APP WITHOUT letting GOOGLE register this info about me. HOW?

Im so **bleep**ing tired of giving GOOGLE every tidbit of information of my doings.How do i get the spotifuggle Android APP without going through GOOGLE PLAY?

• Im so **bleep**ing tired of giving GOOGLE every tidbit of information of my doings. How do i get the spotifuggle Android APP without going through GOOGLE PLAY?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume problems on Samsung S3. On each track volume is quiet after a second.

Hello lads, I have a problem with spotify on my mobile device, Samsung S3. After I hit play or change the track the volume is decent for a second and then it drops down for about 30%. On my laptop it is working all fine, just having this issue on my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello lads,   I have a problem with spotify on my mobile device, Samsung S3. After I hit play or change the track  the volume is decent for a second and then it drops down for about 30%...
  • tomasg
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes