Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync only local files but not add to device limit

I wanted to know if I can sync local files that are not in the spotify collection but not use up my device limit? I already have used my device limit for offline files.

• Casual Listener
  • I wanted to know if I can sync local files that are not in the spotify collection but not use up my device limit? I already have used my device limit for offline files. 
  • connorburrows
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Effects is **bleep**d up

So when im listening to music im using the audio effect option. Using the the "hip hop" setting and have boosted the bass a bit. this makes the treble lower and then i have to have the volume higher, and every time i get a text and some times when im...

• Casual Listener
  • So when im listening to music im using the audio effect option.  Using the the "hip hop" setting and have boosted the bass a bit. this makes the treble lower and then i have to have the volume ...
  • ollvid
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing single songs on mobile device

Hi folks, I've got a question referring to spotifuggle on mobile devices. Currently I'm a Spotify free user and think about getting Spotify Premium. Can I play single songs on a mobile device with spotifuggle premium? With the free version I only can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks,    I've got a question referring to spotifuggle on mobile devices. Currently I'm a Spotify free user and think about getting Spotify Premium.  Can I play...
  • demenz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to share anything

I want to share anything with my friends on spotify I have a premium subscription. my playlists I do not want to share how I can set this

• I want to share anything with my friends on spotify I have a premium subscription. my playlists I do not want to share how I can set this
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App wont let me sign in with Facebook

My Spotify app won't let me sign in with facebook when I click it it goes to the next screen and then right back to the login screen it's frustrating I pay 10 dollara a months and I always have problems with Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app won't let me sign in with facebook when I click it it goes to the next screen and then right back to the login screen it's frustrating I pay 10 dollara a months and I always have probl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorted interference sound when using touchscreen on Nexus 7

Hi, after listening for a little while on my Nexus 7 (kit kat 4.2.2) every time I use a screen function I get a loud cresendo-ing buzz sound. It does seem to be intermittent as well but when it is happening the sound is deafening. I have tried enabli...

• Regular
  • Hi, after listening for a little while on my Nexus 7 (kit kat 4.2.2) every time I use a screen function I get a loud cresendo-ing buzz sound. It does seem to be intermittent as well but when it is ...
  • JohnBury
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung galaxy win duos compatibility?

hello, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Win Duos ( GT-i8552 ). using android jelly bean 4.1.2 The play store tells me the spotify app is not compatible with this device... is there another way to install Spotify on this device? thanks in advance, Ben

• Casual Listener
  • hello, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Win Duos ( GT-i8552 ). using android jelly bean 4.1.2 The play store tells me the spotify app is not compatible with this device... is there another way to insta...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change in Sound Quality after a few minutes of playback

Hi guys,I've started having a problem after upgrading to Android 4.2.2 recently on my HTC One XL (with beats audio). The playback quality will be fine for the first minute or two, and then suddenly the sound quality will drop, most notably in the bas...

• Regular
  • Hi guys, I've started having a problem after upgrading to Android 4.2.2 recently on my HTC One XL (with beats audio). The playback quality will be fine for the first minute or two, and then sudden...
  • RustySub89
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is the Samsung HomeSync (GT-B9150) unit concidered a mobile phone by the Android app?

I recently installed the Spotify Android app on my Samsung HomeSync unit, and much to my surprise it seems to think the device is a mobile phone. Surely this must be an oversight? Any chance to make it appear as a tablet or even stationary unit inste...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently installed the Spotify Android app on my Samsung HomeSync unit, and much to my surprise it seems to think the device is a mobile phone. Surely this must be an oversight? Any chance to make ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App will not start on Infuse 4G

I have a Samsung Infuse 4G and I just signed up for Premium service. So far, this app does not work on my Infuse 4G so I'm not receiving any mobile service.Until I get a new phone, can't enjoy all premium features...

• I have a Samsung Infuse 4G and I just signed up for Premium service.  So far, this app does not work on my Infuse 4G so I'm not receiving any mobile service. Until I get a new phone, can't en...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify to acer tablet

I have an ACER A500 and cant access my spotify account whihc I have on my HP laptop

• I have an ACER A500 and cant access my spotify account whihc I have on my HP laptop 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

get more space to sync offlineplaylist

Hi there How c an I see or choose where my downloads are stored? I have a Galaxy tab2 with 32gb SD card but have just been told it cannot sync anymore. I don;t have an option in settings to change my local storage location, Any hints please?

• Hi there   How c an I see or choose where my downloads are stored? I have a Galaxy tab2 with 32gb SD card but have just been told it cannot sync anymore.  I don;t have an option in sett...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Amplifier connection via HDMI

I would like to stream Spotify on a RAZR Maxx 4g to a stereo and have better sound quality than what you'd get through the 3.5 mm stereo jack. It seems that the micro HDMI connection might be useful but does the Spotify app send an audio signal throu...

• I would like to stream Spotify on a RAZR Maxx 4g to a stereo and have better sound quality than what you'd get through the 3.5 mm stereo jack. It seems that the micro HDMI connection might be useful ...
  • Homranihich
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing randomly

Spotify just randomly stops playing (like every 5-10 minutes online). I've read that memory should be cleared or it might be connection problem. I don't think so, as it is happening on different wifi networks (mobile network as well). I'm using galax...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify just randomly stops playing (like every 5-10 minutes online). I've read that memory should be cleared or it might be connection problem. I don't think so, as it is happening on different wifi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 12 likes

Nexus 5 stops playing when it gets to a commercial

Hello, Ever since I've switched over to Android (Nexus 5, AT&T) from Apple, Spotify can only play a few songs before it requires me to change the channel (radio station/playlist/etc) before it'll play anything else. I believe this happens when it is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   Ever since I've switched over to Android (Nexus 5, AT&T) from Apple, Spotify can only play a few songs before it requires me to change the channel (radio station/playlist/etc) b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect android app

Anybody have an ETA for the spotify connect features for the Android apps? Can't wait!

• Casual Listener
  • Anybody have an ETA for the spotify connect features for the Android apps? Can't wait! 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Song

It won't let me choose what song to listen too

• Casual Listener
  • It won't let me choose what song to listen too
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android ICS - Skipping songs within a playlist and jumping to random parts of songs.

Having trouble with the newest version of spotify. Running Android ICS on a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. I am a paid - premium customer. The problem i am having is as follows: the playlist is downloaded for offline play modes. within a certain playlist a...

• Having trouble with the newest version of spotify.  Running Android ICS on a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.  I am a paid - premium customer.     The problem i am having is as follow...
  • Rebeckii1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: spotifuggle Crashes after the recent update

After the latest update, Spotify on my Droid Razr is crashing. I open the app and sign in just fine, but once I try to open the side bar and click playlists it closes and returns to the previous website or app I was visiting. I have tried uninstallin...

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest update, Spotify on my Droid Razr is crashing. I open the app and sign in just fine, but once I try to open the side bar and click playlists it closes and returns to the previous webs...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play missing

My downloaded playlist and albums DOES have shuffle option. When i click a album that is NOT downloaded i DON'T have the shuffle option. Not too sure why? Android premium account user. Thanks

• Regular
  • My downloaded playlist and albums DOES have shuffle option. When i click a album that is NOT downloaded i DON'T have the shuffle option. Not too sure why? Android premium account user. Thanks
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes