Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why on earth Spotify limit cache size on Android?

Hey there! Why on earth you limit this cache to 3GB? As you may know, my playlist is huge and I listen only my playlist most of time and randomly albums, radio etc. However I keep playing music, but my cache in Micro SD Card at Spotify folder is 3GB ...

playlist.png
  • Visitor
  • Hey there!   Why on earth you limit this cache to 3GB? As you may know, my playlist is huge and I listen only my playlist most of time and randomly albums, radio etc. However I keep playing ...
  • pallando_ii
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

how do you suppress notification sounds (selectively)?

I love spotify but one thing bothers me to no end - when I'm listening to music from my mobile device, email, text, FB notifications made a sound and that interrupts the music. I've noticed that spotify ducks the music often, but this still is unacce...

• Casual Listener
  • I love spotify but one thing bothers me to no end - when I'm listening to music from my mobile device, email, text, FB notifications made a sound and that interrupts the music. I've noticed that spot...
  • jackie_treehorn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded playlists inactive on Kindle Fire

Today all of my downloaded playlists became unavailable on my Kindle. Yesterday they were fine. The playlists are all starred active but when I access one the tracks are all inactive. I have tried rebooting the device but with no result. I am not con...

• Casual Listener
  • Today all of my downloaded playlists became unavailable on my Kindle. Yesterday they were fine. The playlists are all starred active but when I access one the tracks are all inactive. I have trie...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

4.4 Lockscreen Button disappears

If I seek once a track in the lockscreen, the buttons for the last and next song disappears. When I hit Pause/Play, the buttons come back.I have done a screenshot, how can I upload it to the forum?

• Visitor
  • If I seek once a track in the lockscreen, the buttons for the last and next song disappears. When I hit Pause/Play, the buttons come back. I have done a screenshot, how can I upload it to the forum?
  • PiCASSiMO
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local file syncing over wifi broken on Android 4.4

Hi, I cannot get my PC desktop client to sync local files with my Android device. Quick details: PC running Windows 8.1 with Spotify client 0.9.6.72.ge389c074 LG Nexus 5 running stock 4.4 KitKat with Spotify app released on 29th Nov (the 4.4 image ar...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I cannot get my PC desktop client to sync local files with my Android device. Quick details:   PC running Windows 8.1 with Spotify client 0.9.6.72.ge389c074 LG Nexus 5 running stock ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 4.4
    Windows 8
    Windows 8.1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

remotless

Do i have to buy Remotless App twice to remote android with my ipad? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.remoteless.android https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/remote/id284417350 Just wonder..

• Gig Goer
  • Do i have to buy Remotless App twice to remote android with my ipad? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.remoteless.android https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/remote/id284417350 &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

STREAM FROM GALAXY S4 TO WIRELESS SPEAKERS

Hi all, I have a set of wireless B&O speakers that use Airplay. Is there anyway I can stream music from Spotify to these speakers?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have a set of wireless B&O speakers that use Airplay. Is there anyway I can stream music from Spotify to these speakers?
  • Hub1976
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are PLAYING but NO SOUND

Hej. I got an automatic update to latest version (ver 0.7.3.629.g36119d704) on Android 4.0.4 on a SAMSUNG-SGH-I747. Now, I cannot listen through headphones ! Spotify does play on the phone speaker. The phone also detects the headphones when plugged. ...

• Hej. I got an automatic update to latest version (ver 0.7.3.629.g36119d704) on Android 4.0.4 on a SAMSUNG-SGH-I747.   Now, I cannot listen through headphones !   Spotify does pla...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hey guys,I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere...What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections are ok.Thanks EDIT: I just changed the Subject to make it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere... What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections a...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 197 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 197 replies
  • 42 likes

Solved!! Problems with Radio on my spotify account.

Today when I went to make lunch I tried to start a Radios station on my Galaxy 2 Note, just like I do every day. Today when I tried to start it it gave the message "Sorry. This radio station cannot be started. Please try a new station." So I did non ...

• Regular
  • Today when I went to make lunch I tried to start a Radios station on my Galaxy 2 Note, just like I do every day. Today when I tried to start it it gave the message "Sorry. This radio station cannot b...
  • Cian
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files + Equalizer (Galaxy S4)

I have a problem with the equalizer. Whenever I try to play a song that has been imported from my PC's music folder, the equalizer won't affect the sound. It works only on songs that has been downloaded straight from Spotify. I've tried couple other ...

• Visitor
  • I have a problem with the equalizer. Whenever I try to play a song that has been imported from my P...
  • Knoxvill3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

music not playing

I recently bought a tablet from someone literally yesterday(Google Nexus 7), I install spotify, I sign up with my newly created Facebook profile and everytime I click to play a song it doesn't, and it says 'get spotify premium' or something, but I've...

• I recently bought a tablet from someone literally yesterday(Google Nexus 7), I install spotify, I sign up with my newly created Facebook profile and everytime I click to play a song it doesn't, and i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Play/Pause UI difficulties with Bluetooth on Android

The play/pause button was working fine for me up until the most recent update of the app, but now it will play but not pause music. It also will not pause music quickly enough when the GPS tries to break through, and thus will cut off part of the dir...

• Casual Listener
  • The play/pause button was working fine for me up until the most recent update of the app, but now it will play but not pause music.  It also will not pause music quickly enough when the GPS trie...
  • gfirth77
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Not scrobbling to Facebook from Android!!!

All settings good, no scrobbling. Plese fix, tried even re-install of applicasion. Thankz!!

• Visitor
  • All settings good, no scrobbling.   Plese fix, tried even re-install of applicasion.   Thankz!!
  • rplevy
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes

SD card error messages -Android Tablet

I was hoping someone could,d help me I recently had an irulu tablet for my birthday I downloaded spotify and registered for premium, its been working fine for ages until tonight I had a error message pop up saying that its unable to find an sdcard so...

• I was hoping someone could,d help me I recently had an irulu tablet for my birthday I downloaded spotify and registered for premium, its been working fine for ages until tonight I had a error message...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    frustrating
    sdcard
    tablet
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Samsung Galaxy SIII] Can't play songs, etc. usual crap from a terrible app. WTF.

The Spotify app on my Galaxy S3 is causing me some real issues here. Now before I start, please don't fob me off with that generic rubbish about uninstalling the app, rebooting the device, etc. because I've already tried it a million times over. And ...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify app on my Galaxy S3 is causing me some real issues here.   Now before I start, please don't fob me off with that generic rubbish about uninstalling the app, rebooting the device,...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify.connect

When can I use my Pioneer SC-2023 via Spotify Connect?When will Spotify Connect for Android Apps?Thank you for your answers.

• Casual Listener
  • When can I use my Pioneer SC-2023 via Spotify Connect? When will Spotify Connect for Android Apps? Thank you for your answers.
  • faulpelz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A malfunction after update Samsung galaxy s2

Hey folks, I've been having this problem with my phone app after I updated Android on my phone.Well, the failure is like this: I open the app, what used to be playlists and stuff like that, is entirely white. All I get to do in the app anymore is loo...

• Music Fan
  • Hey folks, I've been having this problem with my phone app after I updated Android on my phone. Well, the failure is like this: I open the app, what used to be playlists and stuff like that, is en...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HTC One and HTC bluetooth headset BH S600. Pause button not working?

Hi, I have a new HTC One with an HTC BH S600 bluetooth headset. All the button controls on the device work, apart from pause. If I pause the music from the phone, I can unpause with the play/pause button, so it's purely the pause feature, not the pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a new HTC One with an HTC BH S600 bluetooth headset. All the button controls on the device work, apart from pause. If I pause the music from the phone, I can unpause with the pl...
  • westshore7
  • Regular
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes