Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App appearing not to scrobble to last.fm

I'm unable to get my app to scrobble, despite having the correct username/password and making sure to click "done". Does anyone know where my issue may lie?

• I'm unable to get my app to scrobble, despite having the correct username/password and making sure to click "done".   Does anyone know where my issue may lie?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to play music offline - Solved

Hi,Im having some problems with my premium account. I can download playlists and listen to them in online mode. When I switch to offline mode, the subscription count, artist image and additional information disappears. The song starts "playing" but t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Im having some problems with my premium account. I can download playlists and listen to them in online mode. When I switch to offline mode, the subscription count, artist image and additional in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my wifi tablet

I know there have been similar threads already posted on this and I am also aware that Spotify is limited to premium for mobile devices. The reason for my post is that I wish to purchase a new tablet preferably an android one. My research regarding t...

• Music Fan
  • I know there have been similar threads already posted on this and I am also aware that Spotify is limited to premium for mobile devices.    The reason for my post is that I wish to purc...
  • Bodthebrave
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all songs show up in my Android phone??

Hey. 1st time post. I've got Spotify premium installed on my laptop and Android phone. When I make a playlist on my laptop there seem to be way more songs available than on my phone? For instance, I created an Oasis playlist with 45 songs in it. My A...

• Hey.   1st time post.   I've got Spotify premium installed on my laptop and Android phone. When I make a playlist on my laptop there seem to be way more songs available than on my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium work on PC not on Phone

Hi All, I have Spotify Premium on my PC. But when i try it on my phone there comes a message that i need to buy Premium. I use the same login on Phone as i use on the PC. Can someone help me. Thnx

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I have Spotify Premium on my PC. But when i try it on my phone there comes a message that i need to buy Premium.   I use the same login on Phone as i use on the PC. &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Xperia SP LED notification light

Hello! As some of you may know, the Sony Xperia SP has a 3 LEDS on its bottom that can change their colours and the intensity of light to what's happening on the screen. Sony even put this on another level and when listening to the music on default X...

• Regular
  • Hello!   As some of you may know, the Sony Xperia SP has a 3 LEDS on its bottom that can change their colours and the intensity of light to what's happening on the screen. Sony even put this...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Search displays only 5 of 33 albums. How can I find the other 28?

I like to use Spotify to find classical albums I don't know yet. Spotify finds for instance 33 albums searching for the combination Bach (composer) and Gardiner (a conductor known for good recordings). But, my portable Spotify on android displays onl...

• I like to use Spotify to find classical albums I don't know yet. Spotify finds for instance 33 albums searching for the combination Bach (composer) and Gardiner (a conductor known for good recordings...
  • skies
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching for things in the Android Preview

So I fancied listening to some chilled electronica to round off the evening - I searched for the artist Galaxy, but because there are at least five other artists with the word "galaxy" in their name, my Galaxy wasn't listed. I couldn't remember the n...

• Community Legend
  • So I fancied listening to some chilled electronica to round off the evening - I searched for the artist Galaxy, but because there are at least five other artists with the word "galaxy" in their name,...
  • skies
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album search

Hi, I use an Android tablet and the Spotify app just updated itself. Two issues I have: i) The app now forces my tablet into portrait mode, whereas before it worked either portrait or landscape ii) When I search for an album, I am only presented with...

• Hi,   I use an Android tablet and the Spotify app just updated itself.   Two issues I have:   i) The app now forces my tablet into portrait mode, whereas before it worked e...
  • skies
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Android search appears very limited

I've done a search through the postings and it appears, at least historically, that the Android search facility is somewhat crippled. I've tries doing simple searches on 3 different Android platforms (HTC One, Samsung note 2, SAmsung note 10.1) and a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've done a search through the postings and it appears, at least historically, that the Android search facility is somewhat crippled. I've tries doing simple searches on 3 different Android platforms...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Kindle Fire App Very Outdated

Why is the Kindle Fire app so outdated? Did Spotify forget to update it on the Amazon App store as well? Lets all remember "Fire OS" is just Android, there's no reason it shouldn't have the newest version.

• Roadie
  • Why is the Kindle Fire app so outdated?  Did Spotify forget to update it on the Amazon App store as well?  Lets all remember "Fire OS" is just Android, there's no reason it shouldn't have t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! s4 android app for spotify not working

Just says spotify has stopped working. Have tried uninstalling then putting back on but same. Anyone else getting this ?

• Casual Listener
  • Just says spotify has stopped working. Have tried uninstalling then putting back on but same. Anyone else getting this ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant select what songs i want to listen to

Ive had spotify for about 4 days. Last night i go to open spotify and the layout of my playlists are different. Instead of the songs being listed and you click on them to listen, you can only press a green button that says "play" and it will play the...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive had spotify for about 4 days. Last night i go to open spotify and the layout of my playlists are different. Instead of the songs being listed and you click on them to listen, you can only press a...
  • Rorey
  • Spotify
  • 34 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Spotify for Android - playlist folders not supported

iPhone owners have been able to use folders to organise Spotify playlists for over 7 months now. What is the delay for the Android version? Folders are an essential part of the user experience and should be consistent across all operating systems, so...

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone owners have been able to use folders to organise Spotify playlists for over 7 months now.  What is the delay for the Android version?  Folders are an essential part of...
  • jade29614
  • Casual Listener
  • 28 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 20 likes

Tracks playing randomly

When I try to listen to a playlist, the tracks do not play in order. They skip around randomly and shuffle is not selected. Is there another solution?

• When I try to listen to a playlist, the tracks do not play in order. They skip around randomly and shuffle is not selected. Is there another solution?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files on phone

Hello everyone! I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I want. I've been trying to read and figure out why I couldn't pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist ordenimg

HiWhen i use the android app for my phone the playlists are always ordened randomly When i orden the playlist on alphabetic order of artist it works but i cant save it, i need to do this every time i open a playlistCan somebody help me whit this?Than...

• Music Fan
  • Hi When i use the android app for my phone the playlists are always ordened randomly When i orden the playlist on alphabetic order of artist it works but i cant save it, i need to do this every ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[ENHANCEMENT request] Artist name isnot displayed on lockscreen on adroid

Hello, On Android app (I don't remember it on iPhone version) only album and track name are displayed on the lockscreen.It seems rare to me to display these to field instead of Artist and Track name (so artist name instead of album). I'm pretty sure ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   On Android app (I don't remember it on iPhone version) only album and track name are displayed on the lockscreen. It seems rare to me to display these to field instead of Artist and ...
  • wispmax
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Going around in circles

Had a premium account and have changed my card details - since then my subscription has changed and when I try and subscribe to premium again it takes me back to Facebook loging page and then back to spotify home page, then back to Facebook! have del...

• Had a premium account and have changed my card details - since then my subscription has changed and when I try and subscribe to premium again it takes me back to Facebook loging page and then back to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

lost downloads/recovery...please help

Just randomly, I opened up my Spotify and all my downloaded music in my playlist was gone. Additionally I tried to re-download them and my downloads are stuck at 0%. Any help would be appreciated.

• Regular
  • Just randomly, I opened up my Spotify and all my downloaded music in my playlist was gone.  Additionally I tried to re-download them and my downloads are stuck at 0%.  Any help would be app...
  • martina123
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes