Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app crashes and stutters during playback in offline mode when GPS app in use

DescriptionPlease describe the problemExample:When I use the android spotify app on my phone in offline mode it will constantly stutter during playback. I've noticed this problem only occurs when I am using another app on the phone at the same time a...

• Regular
  • Description Please describe the problem Example: When I use the android spotify app on my phone in offline mode it will constantly stutter during playback. I've noticed this problem only occurs wh...
  • benkennedy12
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

android app doesn't detect any free space on the interal and external sd-card anymore

Hi there! Eversince spotify worked perfectly, but since I have reinitiated my android tablet (4.1.1), and installed the latest version of spotify, the latter does not detect free disc space anymore- while all other apps do. When starting the spotify-...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there!   Eversince spotify worked perfectly, but since I have reinitiated my android tablet (4.1.1), and installed the latest version of spotify, the latter does not detect free disc spac...
  • Velten
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlists isn`t loading

Hi I have HTC Desire C mobile, a premium spotify acount and a spotify app on my mobile. Recently i added a whole bunch of songs to various playlists, but they won`t download when i use spotify on my mobile. Why? I dont have over 3000 songs on my play...

• Regular
  • Hi   I have HTC Desire C mobile, a premium spotify acount and a spotify app on my mobile. Recently i added a whole bunch of songs to various playlists, but they won`t download when i use spo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back What's New!!

If they wanted to add discover then fine, but not at the expense of what's new. That was my go to spot to see "what's new" obviously. That's a huge reason I pay for spotify. Spotify is turning into another app that was perfect and then they have to s...

• Casual Listener
  • If they wanted to add discover then fine, but not at the expense of what's new.  That was my go to spot to see "what's new" obviously.  That's a huge reason I pay for spotify.  Spotify...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Maximum volume is too low on my Android

When I listen to Spotify on my SGS3 via an external speaker (3,5 mm) or head phones the maximum level is too low. If I lower the volume and then push it up again the volume is loud for a part of a second before it is lower again. When I play songs vi...

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to Spotify on my SGS3 via an external speaker (3,5 mm) or head phones the maximum level is too low. If I lower the volume and then push it up again the volume is loud for a part of a se...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app is infected by the bugs

If you want bugs, try Spotify app! Does not remember now playing track correctly. End app when playing song X, start app after hour and Spotify is paused to song Y. So this doesn't remember right song. Sometimes I get to my screen avatars where peopl...

• Visitor
  • If you want bugs, try Spotify app!   Does not remember now playing track correctly. End app when playing song X, start app after hour and Spotify is paused to song Y. So this doesn't remembe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"This Track Is Not Available"

Hey All! I have a premium subsciption and love the app/service. In fact, I use it ALL THE TIME on my phone and it's worked out flawlessly. Recently, when I would sync my device with playlists, a weird thing happens. Some tracks on my playlists play f...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey All! I have a premium subsciption and love the app/service. In fact, I use it ALL THE TIME on my phone and it's worked out flawlessly. Recently, when I would sync my device with playlists...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Album availability across platforms

I did a search for a Nik Kershaw album on my Android phone earlier and found what I was looking for, but when I went to listen to a track off it on my PC just now, the album isn't there. Why is it that the album (Human Racing 2012 reissue) is availab...

• Visitor
  • I did a search for a Nik Kershaw album on my Android phone earlier and found what I was looking for, but when I went to listen to a track off it on my PC just now, the album isn't there. Why is it th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't sync with Android - premium needed?

From some reason, I suddenly cant sync my lokal songs from my pc to my android phone (over wifi) I'm using a free account, (this was never a problem) but lately I get a popup on my phone, telling me that I have to have a premium account to download m...

• Regular
  • From some reason, I suddenly cant sync my lokal songs from my pc to my android phone (over wifi)   I'm using a free account, (this was never a problem) but lately I get a popup on my phone, ...
  • majimus
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Everytime my premium ends, spotify deletes ALL offline tracks

I have a Samsung S2, and recently started using premium instead of unlimited. My CC is always blocked from internet purchase (if my card gets stolen etc.) which means that I manually renew my spotify sub. The problem is that everytime my period ends ...

• Music Fan
  • I have a Samsung S2, and recently started using premium instead of unlimited. My CC is always blocked from internet purchase (if my card gets stolen etc.) which means that I manually renew my spotify...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to lay in songs that's not on spotify?

Hello! I've been trying for a long time and i've checked out the guide you got too but it's not **bleep**ing working, songs that's not on spotify wont be played/enter'd on my list's. Comon how much time did you use to make this program, it's easier t...

• Hello! I've been trying for a long time and i've checked out the guide you got too but it's not **bleep**ing working, songs that's not on spotify wont be played/enter'd on my list's. Comon how much t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort options for all tracks in folders

As time has gone on, Folders have become the most important feature of my desktop version of Spotify. I hope to see the same functionality duplicated for the Android (and elsewhere).For all tracks in Folders on the Android, please add, in order of va...

• Music Fan
  • As time has gone on, Folders have become the most important feature of my desktop version of Spotify.   I hope to see the same functionality duplicated for the Android (and elsewhere). For al...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Android App Version Not Working On Galaxy S3

Hey People, I was not sure where to post this but thought I would share my recent experience in the event it may help any other frustrated Samsung Galaxy S3 spotify users. Problem: I went to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3 and I could not download any pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey People,   I was not sure where to post this but thought I would share my recent experience in the event it may help any other frustrated Samsung Galaxy S3 spotify users.   Probl...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Blank screen on new spotify version

I have in last week updated to HTC One...It worked for a couple of days and now if I pause or stop and go back to the app its White screen.....I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again....hardly ideal! I have been a subscriber for almost 4 y...

• Regular
  • I have in last week updated to HTC One...It worked for a couple of days and now if I pause or stop and go back to the app its White screen.....I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again....ha...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline songs removed from my phone

Hi. I today i noticed that a song on my offline list on my phone was downloading. This was a song i added a long time ago. Why is it like that? It has happened on my old phone too. Can it have something to do with songs being replaced on the spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. I today i noticed that a song on my offline list on my phone was downloading. This was a song i added a long time ago. Why is it like that? It has happened on my old phone too. Can it have someth...
  • KjartanTh
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle and repeat not saved on exit anymore

Last few Android versions do not remember the shufftle and repeat settings anymore. I enable it in the playback screen, then next time Spotify runs it's disabled. Anyone else see this? Android 4.2.2 on HTC One, but I saw the same on my old Nexus 4 to...

• Music Fan
  • Last few Android versions do not remember the shufftle and repeat settings anymore.  I enable it in the playback screen, then next time Spotify runs it's disabled.  Anyone else see this? &n...
  • mitchman
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.4.46)

What's new in this version: New: Now you can control playback from the notification area. Skip and be happy. Android version 4.1 and above. Fixed: Some troublesome Facebook login issues. Fixed: A bug that could cause a white screen just when you leas...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version:   New: Now you can control playback from the notification area. Skip and be happy. Android version 4.1 and above. Fixed: Some troublesome Facebook login ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 31 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 3 likes

cancelation

How do I cancel this subscription

• How do I cancel this subscription
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will NOT play on my Android phone

I can't get my local files to play on my android phone. Any song that is linked to a local file will not play on my phone, even if I use the spotify file (and unlink it from the local file on my computer).Some of the songs will play if I'm connected ...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get my local files to play on my android phone. Any song that is linked to a local file will not play on my phone, even if I use the spotify file (and unlink it from the local file on my comp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S3 Mini: music is not downloading

Hey guys, first of all excuse my English, I'm from Germany. I'm a premium user and most of the music works fine on my smartphone, but specially the music which is only on my PC wont get downloaded. It used to work, but someday it stopped, since that ...

• Regular
  • Hey guys,   first of all excuse my English, I'm from Germany. I'm a premium user and most of the music works fine on my smartphone, but specially the music which is only on my PC wont get do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes