Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Ford Touch + Spotify

Hey Everyone, I just purchased a new Ford vehicle and unfortunately it doesn't contain AppLink for whatever reason. While Ford "develops an update" to support AppLink again, I have been using the bluetooth mode to stream music. However, in doing so, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Everyone,   I just purchased a new Ford vehicle and unfortunately it doesn't contain AppLink for whatever reason.  While Ford "develops an update" to support AppLink again, I have bee...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify's outstanding issues, PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!

I've been on Spotify Android for over a year now, and I'm simply amazed at Spotify's lack of dedication to a quality music listening experience. These issues are STILL outstanding, and absolutely [Swearing] ANNOYING. Can you seriously tell me that Sp...

• Gig Goer
  •       I've been on Spotify Android for over a year now, and I'm simply amazed at Spotify's lack of dedication to a quality music listening experience.  These issues are STIL...
  • KemikalElite
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

How to put mp3s on kindle fire w/o wifi

I just got the Spotify app for my Kindle Fire (first generation Fire, if it matters). I don't have or want a premium account, all I want to do is use Spotify to load my local mp3s onto the kindle, so I can select from playlists and so on that I have ...

• Regular
  • I just got the Spotify app for my Kindle Fire (first generation Fire, if it matters). I don't have or want a premium account, all I want to do is use Spotify to load my local mp3s onto the kindle, so...
  • Skaramuche
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app not syncing with computer with GS3

There seems to be a problem... My Spotify app isn't syncing with my MAC OSX Spotify application... I've tried to restart both applications and still no devices shows up in the device bar? Anyone esle having this problem.

• There seems to be a problem... My Spotify app isn't syncing with my MAC OSX Spotify application... I've tried to restart both applications and still no devices shows up in the device bar? Anyone esle...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile App doesn't pause music on incoming call

When I am using Spotify on my mobile and an incomming call comes in, the music doesn't pause and I often miss the call if I'm listening in the car. Other details: -Android 4.0, Droid Razr Maxx -this ONLY happens when my phone is set to vibrate. If th...

• When I am using Spotify on my mobile and an incomming call comes in, the music doesn't pause and I often miss the call if I'm listening in the car.   Other details: -Android 4.0, Droid Raz...
  • Stahl123
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my mobile (android) keeps switching off while I'm using it..

Hi, I have problem with Spotify on my Galaxy. It keeps switching off... during one hour it is 2 or 3 times. Sometimes the app is turning off, sometimes the song is paused. I've tried to uninstall it, turned off the phone and then installed the new ve...

• Hi,   I have problem with Spotify on my Galaxy. It keeps switching off... during one hour it is 2 or 3 times. Sometimes the app is turning off, sometimes the song is paused.   I've ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files, synched from desktop - disappear

(this goes for both android and iOS devices..) I was wondering.. once in a while my local files that I've distributed to my different devices (from desktop spotify); they disappear and need to be re-synched, quite often actually... Why? Is it everyti...

• Roadie
  • (this goes for both android and iOS devices..)   I was wondering.. once in a while my local files that I've distributed to my different devices (from desktop spotify); they disappear and need ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Kein Download der Playlist über 2G

Habe mir heute die Spotify-Option bei der Telekom gebucht. Leider geht über das 2G Netz nur der Stream nicht allerdings der download der Playlist. Wenn ich mal 3G/4G habe dann beginnt er zu downloaden, nur sobald wieder EDGE ist, was selbst hier in d...

• Casual Listener
  • Habe mir heute die Spotify-Option bei der Telekom gebucht. Leider geht über das 2G Netz nur der Stream nicht allerdings der download der Playlist. Wenn ich mal 3G/4G habe dann beginnt er zu dow...
  • skapunk
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't synchronize playlists in Android

I can't synchronize playlists in Android. He tells me that I have to have a premium account. ( Sorry for my English. I speak Spanish.)

• Casual Listener
  • I can't synchronize playlists in Android. He tells me that I have to have a premium account. ( Sorry for my English. I speak Spanish.)
  • Davi_beneso
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Temporary error when merging accounts. Please try again!"

Seems to be the same problem many others have had. No solutions I saw helped my case, however. Among other steps, I have: - Reinstalled application - Reviewed settings in Spotify and Facebook This has been going on for a few days now. Don't want to g...

• Seems to be the same problem many others have had. No solutions I saw helped my case, however. Among other steps, I have: - Reinstalled application - Reviewed settings in Spotify and Facebook T...
  • Nizhoni
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Temporary error when merging accounts - Can't get my mobile to work

Hey I was listening to music last night, turned it off and everything was all fine. This morning I wake up and it won't work. It keeps trying to make me re-enter all my information. When I do, it comes up with an error message saying "Temporary error...

• Visitor
  • Hey I was listening to music last night, turned it off and everything was all fine.  This morning I wake up and it won't work.  It keeps trying to make me re-enter all my information. ...
  • Nizhoni
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Droid 2 Spotify is not working at all

Hi there, Here's my problem. I downloaded the app onto my phone and it worked fine. I went to play a song that worked great! Went to switch a song while the other song was playing, app stopped working. Ok no problem, too much at once, whatever. I ope...

• Hi there, Here's my problem. I downloaded the app onto my phone and it worked fine. I went to play a song that worked great! Went to switch a song while the other song was playing, app stopped work...
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

local files synced to phone, but they're not showing up

So this is an odd situation for me. I set spotify to sync my local files, around 800 of them, to my Galaxy note 2.i let it run all night and the disk space indicates there's definitely files on my sd card from last night. But the sings don't show up ...

• Regular
  • So this is an odd situation for me. I set spotify to sync my local files, around 800 of them, to my Galaxy note 2.i let it run all night and the disk space indicates there's definitely files on my sd...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My playlist wont sync to my Android device :(

I have three playlists and two of them synced perfectly. However the other one will not sync at all and I cant figure out why. I am a new Spotify(premium) user and it may be user error but I have looked everywhere and cant find out why. I hope someon...

• Casual Listener
  • I have three playlists and two of them synced perfectly. However the other one will not sync at all and I cant figure out why. I am a new Spotify(premium) user and it may be user error but I have loo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists Showing Up Empty On Mobile

The playlists I have created on my account are showing up empty on mobile. Everything was working fine here until I had my account reset to remove FB integration. The playlists I want to sync seem fine on my desktop.

• Casual Listener
  • The playlists I have created on my account are showing up empty on mobile.    Everything was working fine here until I had my account reset to remove FB integration. The playlists I wan...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC One local files issues

hi,upgraded my desire to the latest whizzbang from HTCI've learned and loved spotify over the last couple of years, but now it's got me tearing out my hair.I can't sync playlists ( almost all my playlists are local files ) to my ONE.Whenever I try, i...

• Regular
  • hi, upgraded my desire to the latest whizzbang from HTC I've learned and loved spotify over the last couple of years, but now it's got me tearing out my hair. I can't sync playlists ( almost...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

sorting playlists on android

Hey,Spotify premium subscriber here with a question. When will I be able to sort my playlists on my Droid? This is a standard feature of any music player software, free or pay, past or present, and I'm unsure why this has not been implemented on Andr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Spotify premium subscriber here with a question. When will I be able to sort my playlists on my Droid? This is a standard feature of any music player software, free or pay, past or present, a...
  • juoneill
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Droid Galaxy Nexus - Playlist Issues

All of the threads I encountered for this problem were much older, so I apologize in advance if there was something more recent to help with this. This is only a recent development and I seem to have made it worse. I added a new playlist to Spotify P...

• Casual Listener
  • All of the threads I encountered for this problem were much older, so I apologize in advance if there was something more recent to help with this.   This is only a recent development and I s...
  • rcross11
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist is empty.

Hi! When i open my playlist "jeje" in offline mode, even tho its downloaded, it is empty. This is the case on both my computer and android. The playlist is there, the songs is there, but they kind of is not there... All the songs are downloaded, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! When i open my playlist "jeje" in offline mode, even tho its downloaded, it is empty. This is the case on both my computer and android. The playlist is there, the songs is there, but they kind of...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

won't work

everytime I log on to Spotify or open my app it shows my screen then everything goes blank. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've done this multiple times I've looked through all options I do not know how to fix this problem please...

• Casual Listener
  • everytime I log on to Spotify or open my app it shows my screen then everything goes blank. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've done this multiple times I've looked through all o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify won't work
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes