Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Amazing Storage idea

Hey. My phone has this slot in the back into which I can place a small chip type thing. This allows my phone to store more stuff over the internal storage. I wonder if we could somehow tell spotify about this amazing new technology - and maybe they c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey.   My phone has this slot in the back into which I can place a small chip type thing.  This allows my phone to store more stuff over the internal storage.  I wonder if we could...
  • xerogavin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New Playlist Filter/Sort Is Nice - But We Need SHUFFLE PLAYLIST Function

Thanks for the update and continued attention to your Android app. I like being able to sort playlists (now you should just add that function to the desktop app). I still miss a "Shuffle Playlist" function, however (and I know it's been requested els...

• Regular
  • Thanks for the update and continued attention to your Android app. I like being able to sort playlists (now you should just add that function to the desktop app).   I still miss a "Shuffle Pla...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

What's new in this version: - New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device.- New: From within settings, you can clear all temporary data and downloaded tracks stored on your dev...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: - New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device. - New: From within settings, you can clear all ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 83 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 83 replies
  • 5 likes

Browse all 900+ genres via web page of search terms

- edited to include the correct url. /sigh- now working with genres that have a / I've been enjoying another service instead of Spotify in anticipation of leaving due to the recent changes here, but the genre lists in the competitor's service is limi...

• Community Legend
  • - edited to include the correct url.  /sigh - now working with genres that have a /     I've been enjoying another service instead of Spotify in anticipation of leaving due to the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files skipping

Very disgusted with the Android version of Spotify. I am paying customer and so far have not been pleases. My local files keep skipping, they don't play correctly. I have never had this problem with the iOS Version and that was iOS 4. Really don't kn...

• Casual Listener
  • Very disgusted with the Android version of Spotify. I am paying customer and so far have not been pleases. My local files keep skipping, they don't play correctly. I have never had this problem with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred Playlist not showing the same as desktop version.

I noticed that my starred playlist tracks show differently in my phone and desktop. My phone shows 1800 starred tracks and my desktop shows zero. I certainly don't want to sync 1800 tracks for offline to my phone. Can someone please help me figure th...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed that my starred playlist tracks show differently in my phone and desktop. My phone shows 1800 starred tracks and my desktop shows zero. I certainly don't want to sync 1800 tracks for offlin...
  • Goatshaver
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files won't play, receiving "The track is not available" message on Android phone.

It's worked fine before! I've never had this issue until now. My local files will not play on my mobile phone, no matter what I do and how hard I try. Local files that I had downloaded before worked fine, and then I went and cleared the cache on my p...

• It's worked fine before! I've never had this issue until now. My local files will not play on my mobile phone, no matter what I do and how hard I try. Local files that I had downloaded before worked ...
  • navid_ka
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Local Files glitches

Some of the mixtapes I have in my playlist seem to not be working, One time it will, but sometimes it wont. The track will play slow and fast and the beat and things will be off. I tried taking them off and then putting them back in. At first it work...

• Casual Listener
  • Some of the mixtapes I have in my playlist seem to not be working, One time it will, but sometimes it wont. The track will play slow and fast and the beat and things will be off. I tried taking them ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist gone?

Hi my playlist whas suddenly gone or deleted ? How can i fix this?

• Hi my playlist whas suddenly gone or deleted ? How can i fix this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming on Android phone

Just started using a few weeks ago. Create the playlist on my computer, installed app on mobile phone and started using. But I noticed the songs were downloaded to my phone instead of streaming. I want to stream instead. How is this suppose to work?

• Casual Listener
  • Just started using a few weeks ago.  Create the playlist on my computer, installed app on mobile phone and started using.  But I noticed the songs were downloaded to my phone instead of str...
  • garyslowe
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Temporary Error when Merging Accounts

Hi. I can no longer log onto spotify using my android phone. It tells me there's a temporary error when merging accounts. After i've logged in using Facebook and then there's an annoying second log in screen where this error message pops up. Reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I can no longer log onto spotify using my android phone. It tells me there's a temporary error when merging accounts. After i've logged in using Facebook and then there's an annoying second log i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add playback controls in the Android notification area

Could you find folks add some playback controls in the android notification area? "Play/Pause"and "Next Song"should do fine. Most music apps do something like this, it's conspicuously absent in Spotify.

• Regular
  • Could you find folks add some playback controls in the android notification area? "Play/Pause"and "Next Song"should do fine. Most music apps do something like ...
  • SirCmpwn
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound in my galaxy Note 10.1 with spotify

Hi, I use the last version of spotify from google play and since I have not sound in spotify. I try to uninstall and reinstall spotify but no change. I use Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1. Thx for your help

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I use the last version of spotify from google play and since I have not sound in spotify. I try to uninstall and reinstall spotify but no change. I use Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung gala...
  • abacari
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working

This applies to both my laptop and Android device. I paid just an hour ago, and all my playlists are still there but I cannot play any of them. When I try to re-download my playlists or play a song it says I need to upgrade to Premium, of which I alr...

• Casual Listener
  • This applies to both my laptop and Android device. I paid just an hour ago, and all my playlists are still there but I cannot play any of them. When I try to re-download my playlists or play a song i...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Will not log in on my phone

Hey folks, Spotify has somehow logged out on my phone and when I try to log back in it flicks onto my account for a split second, then goes back to the start of the log in page...any ideas?Is a Samsung Galaxy S3...was working fine until yesterday aft...

• Hey folks, Spotify has somehow logged out on my phone and when I try to log back in it flicks onto my account for a split second, then goes back to the start of the log in page...any ideas?Is a&nbs...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

keep getting facebook pop up

When I try to log in from either of two android devices it asks for a second log in relating to Facebook. If I cancel, it logs me out, if I log in it logs me out.

• Regular
  • When I try to log in from either of two android devices it asks for a second log in relating to Facebook. If I cancel, it logs me out, if I log in it logs me out.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing/Downloading One Song at a Time? (Premium)

I purchased Spotify Premium just yesterday, so the whole concept of things is new to me, so I apologise if I sound too much like a newbie with this problem. Basically, I have synced all of my songs to my Android device on the Spotify App, with over 4...

• Regular
  • I purchased Spotify Premium just yesterday, so the whole concept of things is new to me, so I apologise if I sound too much like a newbie with this problem. Basically, I have synced all of my songs t...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Spotify on Samsung tab?

When I play Spotify on my Samsung Tab I want the picture to rotate. How do I do this?

• When I play Spotify on my Samsung Tab I want the picture to rotate. How do I do this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Periodic but very brief audio pops and cutouts

My device is a 32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Android version is 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean). Whether I'm streaming content over 4G LTE or WiFi *or* listening to content that I have downloaded onto the device, I periodically get cutouts in the audio. I...

• Casual Listener
  • My device is a 32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.   Android version is 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).   Whether I'm streaming content over 4G LTE or WiFi *or* listening to content that I ha...
  • Chance1320
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant login spotify on Samsung galaxy s3.. via facebook

yesterday spotify was working fine on my phone, but today when i woke up, i had to relog in... so i pressed log in with facebook on my android, and it said logging in.... and showed my playlist for about 2 seconds, then went to another screen that sa...

• yesterday spotify was working fine on my phone, but today when i woke up, i had to relog in... so i pressed log in with facebook on my android, and it said logging in.... and showed my playlist for a...
  • ostrowj
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes