Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Spotify randomly skipping on my mobile

Spotify tends to skip when playing my offline tracks. There isn't any logic to it, it doesn't seem, and the tracks play fine when I'm on my laptop. It's makes a great service that I wouldn't mind paying for really difficult to enjoy and I'm starting ...

• Spotify tends to skip when playing my offline tracks. There isn't any logic to it, it doesn't seem, and the tracks play fine when I'm on my laptop. It's makes a great service...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mysterious Starred tracks

I have just had a clear out as I hit my starred tracks limit. I have removed my stars from every track on my desktop app, and this has transferred to my android app. Why then does it say that I have 17 starred tracks? Any help would be appreciated. T...

• Music Fan
  • I have just had a clear out as I hit my starred tracks limit. I have removed my stars from every track on my desktop app, and this has transferred to my android app.   Why then does it say t...
  • markrth
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium on phone star bug

Hey all. this is a small problem but for me its quite irritating. Alright so it all started with me getting my galaxy s3 and downloaded spotify on it. I then got spotify premium and started to log in on spotify on phone. I do not have any song starre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all. this is a small problem but for me its quite irritating.   Alright so it all started with me getting my galaxy s3 and downloaded spotify on it. I then got spotify premium and starte...
  • markrth
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading music

hi everyone. I signed up for spotify a couple of weeks ago, I've been using the spotify app on my Android phone. At first download speeds were great whether over wifi or using 3g. Within the last few days, the download speeds have slowed considerably...

• hi everyone. I signed up for spotify a couple of weeks ago, I've been using the spotify app on my Android phone. At first download speeds were great whether over wifi or using 3g. Within the last few...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen to music from internal and external sd card at the same time

Is there a way to listen to music from my internal sd card and external sd card at the same time? Meaning I want to listen on my phone to both sd cards at the same time. I know how to transer music to both using the technique Helloworld124 posted. Bu...

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to listen to music from my internal sd card and external sd card at the same time? Meaning I want to listen on my phone to both sd cards at the same time. I know how to ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues Switching between the Way I Listen

Hi Guys,I am having issues with the Spotify Android App when I switch between the way I listen to them (If that makes sense lol)When Im at work, Im usually listening to songs through my Headphones, Then when I get into the work Car I listed to it thr...

• Hi Guys, I am having issues with the Spotify Android App when I switch between the way I listen to them (If that makes sense lol) When Im at work, Im usually listening to songs through my Headpho...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't stop playing single genre of music

My android app somehow got stuck on the metal genre. I have maybe 20 metal tracks starred on my playlist (of ~2500 total). I'm selecting the playlist with all my starred tracks, but it keeps playing metal. Any way to reset?

• Casual Listener
  • My android app somehow got stuck on the metal genre. I have maybe 20 metal tracks starred on my playlist (of ~2500 total). I'm selecting the playlist with all my starred tracks, but it keeps playing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ne marche plus sous android samsung s2

Spotify ne se connecte pas à internetJe n'arrive plus à lire mes playlist depuis mon samsung S2. même problème sur galaxy tab. Un écran vide apparait quand je veux rentrer dans un dossier ou une playlist. ça fait + d'une semaine que ça dure, j'ai un ...

• Spotify ne se connecte pas à internet Je n'arrive plus à lire mes playlist depuis mon samsung S2. même problème sur galaxy tab. Un écran vide apparait quand je veux rentrer dans un dossier ou une ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

help! wont play any songs!

Hi, I have the spotify android app and when I click on a song it won't play, there's no sound?! What's wrong? So disappointed cos I loved using it, but am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription now

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have the spotify android app and when I click on a song it won't play, there's no sound?! What's wrong? So disappointed cos I loved using it, but am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscrip...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums disappearing

Some of my favorite albums, in particular albums on Hollywood Records have disappearedin search ! Has anyone else noticed this??Demi Lovato - Don't ForgetBridgit Mendler - Hello My Name is...

• Gig Goer
  • Some of my favorite albums, in particular albums on Hollywood Records have disappearedin search ! Has anyone else noticed this?? Demi Lovato - Don't Forget Bridgit Mendler - Hello My Name is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

annoying Facebook ad

What's up with the annoying Spotify ad that opens when I open my Spotify Android app? It asks me if I would like to get suggestions for new music. There's a button "OK, thanks" and a checkbox I constantly uncheck because I don't want what is in it. P...

• Roadie
  • What's up with the annoying Spotify ad that opens when I open my Spotify Android app? It asks me if I would like to get suggestions for new music. There's a button "OK, thanks" and a checkbox I ...
  • Dragongard
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Do not want playlist on mobile

I have a Spotify premium account. One of the playlists I have on my account, I do not want to be available on my mobile device (Samsung Skyrocket SII). How would I do this?

• Regular
  • I have a Spotify premium account. One of the playlists I have on my account, I do not want to be available on my mobile device (Samsung Skyrocket SII). How would I do this? 
  • alliheartsmusic
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

data use while playing offline playlists

Anyone know what the deal is?I only listen to playlists that are available offline yet I seem to be using a hell of a lot of data.Should this be happening?Seems stupid if so.

• Anyone know what the deal is? I only listen to playlists that are available offline yet I seem to be using a hell of a lot of data. Should this be happening? Seems stupid if so.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode (How To)?

Hi Guys, I'm new to spotify and wondered if someone could please clear up some confusion regarding offline mode for me before i go ahead and experiment. I have the spotify application installed on my android phone and on my desktop computer. What i w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys,   I'm new to spotify and wondered if someone could please clear up some confusion regarding offline mode for me before i go ahead and experiment.   I have the spotify applicati...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung GS3 - Spotify Mutes After Each Song While Using Headphones

As the title says, Spotify mutes after every song when I'm using headphones. It's driving me crazy! I have to pause the new song (that is playing without sound); unplug my headphones; replug my headphones; and then I can hit play again to get sound. ...

• As the title says, Spotify mutes after every song when I'm using headphones. It's driving me crazy! I have to pause the new song (that is playing without sound); unplug my headphones; replug my headp...
  • unfoundbug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mysterious sound between the songs

Sometimes a very high noise is heard between songs which is dangeorus to your hearing, It is really high much higher than the volume used. Has it anything to do with settings or is it because the device has lost connection? This is really annoying sp...

• Sometimes a very high noise is heard between songs which is dangeorus to your hearing, It is really high much higher than the volume used. Has it anything to do with settings or is it because the dev...
  • tasham9
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

am premium subscriber, but not showing on my cell phone

hi, i have a new cell phone (HTC DNA) and have downloaded Spotify and logged in as myself but am not able to access the premium subscription or any of my playlists. thanks.

• Visitor
  • hi, i have a new cell phone (HTC DNA) and have downloaded Spotify and logged in as myself but am not able to access the premium subscription or any of my playlists. thanks.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music playing but no sound after upgrade & reinstall.

I recently upgraded to Premium on my GS3.After syncing a song or playlist, song will "play" but there is no sound. Same for radio and everything else. "Playing" but no sound. I think a refund is in order for the days lost.

• I recently upgraded to Premium on my GS3. After syncing a song or playlist, song will "play" but there is no sound.   Same for radio and everything else.  "Playing" but no sound.  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

old car stereo and samsung s3

Help! I have a car stereo that I use a usb cable to listen to my ipod through, it also has a (AUX although I dont even know what that means) and cant seem to hook up my s3 to play spotify through, even tho the cable hooks up fine. It sais its not sup...

• Help! I have a car stereo that I use a usb cable to listen to my ipod through, it also has a (AUX although I dont even know what that means) and cant seem to hook up my s3 to play spotify through, ev...
  • dawis
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung galaxy S3 sony car stereo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to remove playlists on HTC One X

I have a set of playlists synced to my HTC One X. I've tried removing or changing these playlists both on the phone itself and in the Spotify desktop app. It certainly looks like it's doing something and the playlists temporarily disappear from the p...

• Regular
  • I have a set of playlists synced to my HTC One X. I've tried removing or changing these playlists both on the phone itself and in the Spotify desktop app.   It certainly looks like it's doing ...
  • caledoniaman
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes