Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

This app sucks!

I had the Iphone and was paying for the app and when i switched to android i started paying again yesterday.... the app wont even work at all! ive restarted my phone, took the battery out, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, shut it down completl...

• I had the Iphone and was paying for the app and when i switched to android i started paying again yesterday.... the app wont even work at all! ive restarted my phone, took the battery out, uninstalle...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can anyone confirm that when i have spotify online that any songs I play that are synced to my iPhone are played from the device (as they are when in offline mode) and not via my 3G allowance.

• Regular
  • Can anyone confirm that when i have spotify online that any songs I play that are synced to my iPhone are played from the device (as they are when in offline mode) and not via my 3G allowance.
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync playlist/music to SD card (Using Premium)

I'm unable to sync my playlist/music to my SD card on my android device. It is only allowing me to save my music on my internal memory and I am running out of space. Is there any possible way I can sync my music to my SD card on my devices or to crea...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to sync my playlist/music to my SD card on my android device. It is only allowing me to save my music on my internal memory and I am running out of space. Is there any possible way I can s...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

FINALLY solved my local file syncing problem

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Like a lot of other people I had the file local file syncing issue. I could "download" files from Spotify's servers that weren't local files, but I couldn't get it to copy files from my computer to my device. I tried every...

• I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.  Like a lot of other people I had the file local file syncing issue.  I could "download" files from Spotify's servers that weren't local files, but I couldn't ge...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloading Issues, International

Hi there, First, could someone knowledgeable have a look into this unaddressed issue: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Percentage-of-downloaded-tracks-reduced-after-every-app-start/m-p/137174 It seems to be unlike the other Android down...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi there,   First, could someone knowledgeable have a look into this unaddressed issue:   http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Percentage-of-downloaded-tracks-red...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I unsubribe from Sportify on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Hi, I downloaded the sportify app on my phone and did not realise that you would be charged after 48 hrs. I have unistalled it from my phone but does this mean I will not e charged at all? Thanks

• Hi,   I downloaded the sportify app on my phone and did not realise that you would be charged after 48 hrs. I have unistalled it from my phone but does this mean I will not e charged at all?...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't use my spotify in my android,

On screen a message says: no internet conexion, and it's not true. Only my Spotify Premium doesn't work. All the apps, facebook, twitter, etc, works perfectly. What's the problem? I want my spotify every time, every day. Thanks

• On screen a message says: no internet conexion, and it's not true. Only my Spotify Premium doesn't work. All the apps, facebook, twitter, etc, works perfectly. What's the problem? I want my spotify e...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

sin conexión a internet

Tengo Spotify Premiun, me han cobrado el recibo, exactamente ayer. Cuando intento buscar canciones o escuchar las playlist que he hecho, me dice: sin conexión a internet. Solo puedo escuchar las playlist descargadas. Tengo conexión wi-fi y también ta...

• Tengo Spotify Premiun, me han cobrado el recibo, exactamente ayer. Cuando intento buscar canciones o escuchar las playlist que he hecho, me dice: sin conexión a internet. Solo puedo escuchar las play...
  • carlengues
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

synced local files

how can i get them OFF my phone. I have unselected the local files from the app on my mac. But it still says I have 10.1G used.

• Regular
  • how can i get them OFF my phone.  I have unselected the local files from the app on my mac.  But it still says I have 10.1G used.  
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

galaxy tablet

I have downloaded latest spotify on tomy galaxy tablet.however if i try to playin offlineit says my licence has expired. What does this mean.technically challenged so simple advice would be appreciated.thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded latest spotify on tomy galaxy tablet.however if i try to playin offlineit says my licence has expired. What does this mean.technically challenged so simple advice would be appreciat...
  • GOBLUE80
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my phone won't sync all my playlists

I recently bought a new android phone and when trying to sync my spotify playlists, the phone will only sync about 200 songs before it stops. I know it is not the SD card that is the problem as I just bought one with 16GB. Can someone tell me what se...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently bought a new android phone and when trying to sync my spotify playlists, the phone will only sync about 200 songs before it stops. I know it is not the SD card that is the problem as I jus...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with playlist folder ???

Dear moderator, Recently I noticed that I have some problems with a playlist folder on Spotify.The issue is that when I turn on Spotify on my personal computer I see no playlist folder at al. But , when I log on at Spotify on my Samsung galaxy S3 dev...

• Regular
  • Dear moderator, Recently I noticed that I have some problems with a playlist folder on Spotify. The issue is that when I turn on Spotify on my personal computer I see no playlist folder at al. B...
  • hansplas8
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crash? notification bar gone

Today I was listening to music and suddenly my spotify stopped playing the screen was frozen and went the screen came back on the icons in the notification bar started popping back up one at a time including the time. Does anyone know what caused thi...

• Today I was listening to music and suddenly my spotify stopped playing the screen was frozen and went the screen came back on the icons in the notification bar started popping back up one at a time i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S3 Lags

Hello, I've got a problem with the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. When I scroll threw my playlists, it's lagging. I already reinstall the app and deleted the Cache but it's still lagging. I hope you can give me a hint to fix it. Sorry for my English, I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I've got a problem with the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. When I scroll threw my playlists, it's lagging. I already reinstall the app and deleted the Cache but it's still lagging. I hope yo...
  • greatfruut
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New version of Spotify not recognizing that a device is plugged in.

This is so freaking frustrating...what a piece of crap app...seriously. I've never had so many problems with one app in my life....it's laughable. The main problem is that it's finicky about recognizing my android device. When I run the latest versio...

• This is so freaking frustrating...what a piece of crap app...seriously.   I've never had so many problems with one app in my life....it's laughable.   The main problem is that it's ...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

search within playlist etc

hello, is it not possible to search within one's own playlists (and own local downloaded tracks)? (premium member)

• Roadie
  • hello, is it not possible to search within one's own playlists (and own local downloaded tracks)?    (premium member)
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Would Spotify be so kind as to prioritise landscape mode for Android tablets?

Seeing as the last thread was so cruelly closed because it had annoying capitals in the title (and the admin was seemingly unable to alter that), may I once again request that Spotify prioritise a landscape mode please? Paying Spotify subscirbers usi...

• Casual Listener
  • Seeing as the last thread was so cruelly closed because it had annoying capitals in the title (and the admin was seemingly unable to alter that), may I once again request that Spotify prioritise a la...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

PLEASE ALLOW FOR LANDSCAPE VIEW TO BE USED ON ANDROID!!!!

I own a Asus Transformer prime with an attachable keyboard. Spotify only allows for portrait view which is EXTREMELY annoying on top of being a basic app feature. When I have my transformer attached to the keyboard since Spotify only allows for portr...

• I own a Asus Transformer prime with an attachable keyboard. Spotify only allows for portrait view which is EXTREMELY annoying on top of being a basic app feature. When I have my transformer attached ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Error synchronizing my mobile song with my computer's local file

An error occurred when I tried to synchronize that song "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade in the album "A Twist in My Story". As I know, this song is not available in my country - Germany, but I have this song in my laptop. So i put it into my pl...

• An error occurred when I tried to synchronize that song "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade in the album "A Twist in My Story". As I know, this song is not available in my country - Germany, but ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3G Experience

Has anyone had good experiences using Spotify on Android streaming via 3G? Specifically Sprint users, but I'd like to know what others have experienced as well. 3G is my only option for mobile streaming where I live and I just ordered a new Android p...

• Regular
  • Has anyone had good experiences using Spotify on Android streaming via 3G? Specifically Sprint users, but I'd like to know what others have experienced as well. 3G is my only option for mobile stream...
  • namgod
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes